Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand preperation for WC

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, other sides have better centres, nonetheless i think New Zealand are still a formidable side, and if they maintain their current form it's really hard to see who can beat them in the World Cup.

Ireland...?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Their current form was 4 months ago, and with their test 22 wrapped in cotton wool, we won't know how good they are for a wee while longer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

2007 Tri-Nations draw:
    16 June: Springboks v Wallabies, TBC, 15.00 (13.00 GMT)
    23 June: Springboks v All Blacks, TBC, 15.00 (13.00 GMT)
    30 June: Wallabies v All Blacks, MCG, Melbourne, TBC
    7 July: Wallabies v Springboks, Telstra Stadium, Sydney, TBC
    14 July: All Blacks v Springboks, Jade Stadium, Christchurch, 19.35 (07.35 GMT)
    21 July: All Blacks v Wallabies, Eden Park, Auckland, 19.35 (07.35 GMT)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

RuggieBear wrote:
    I thought they looked better before the 1995 world cup.
    Agreed. They had taken Rugby to a new level, with Guys like Cullen & Lomu redefining the positions they played.

I think we can beat them - in a final or semi. Would not like to meet them in a 1/4 - before they start feeling the pressure.

Edit: My mistake - Cullen hadn't emerged by then :o you know what I mean. Hey what's that over there <runs away>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

davyjose wrote:

Edit: My mistake - Cullen hadn't emerged by then :o you know what I mean. Hey what's that over there <runs away>

woops, your dead right. I'll just grab me coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Hmmm I hope that they do bottle it. But I think you're also forgetting the fact that the officials are more likely to bottle it cf the ones that seriously bottled it in the BOD spearing incident.

Lets just hope if they do, that it's in our favour!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 harry4potter

Come on the AB's are so far ahead of any team out there even in there weakest positions scrum half and centres who has better then Weepu, Calagher, McAllister and yes Tama Umunga . Henry will bring him back for the World Cup.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

South Africa could be a good shout for the WC. They have england in their group and if they win they avoid NZ(thats if they get there) until the final. They will get France/Ireland in the semi's, which going on there 6N form will be beatable.

• Advertisement

Chunky you have had to much chocolate and it effects your jugement.
    South Africa on the IRB ratings are closer to Italy then they are to the
    All Black team.
    Mr Henry's All Black team for the World Cup final will be the best TEAM ever
    assembled, everything todate including playing second string team's against Ireland and England is all part of the build up.
    Do you really:eek: know better than IRB ratings and bookies odd's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

No i suppose i dont.

Oh one quick question. Can you tell me the IRB rating and what team was favourite in 95, 99 and 2003?

Sorry but think the IRB only started there rankings after the 2003 WRC
    and England was 1 with the AB's no 2.

Advertisement