Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand preperation for WC

Options
  • 27-02-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

They have bottled it before, but it seems they are putting in a serious amount of work to get it right this time.

http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,18259,3562_1944434,00.html

Jason Eaton has packed on eight kilograms. Mils Muliaina is five kilograms heavier than he was in December

5 kilos heavier? :eek:

It will be interesting to see how they do in the Tri-nations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I think the numbers are to high to be true using legal means, but it still wouldnt suprise me. I think the SA's have a good chance of winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

It looks as if they're trying to create a culture of fear for any opposition - making us think of the all blacks as brutish giants with props outrunning wingers. I don't know, looks great and impressive, but also looks like they're trying to make teams scared too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Remember the death camp south africa did 4 years ago for the world cup. Didn't do them any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Jason Eaton has packed on eight kilograms. Mils Muliaina is five kilograms heavier than he was in December
    Heh, maybe they should be training and not stuffing their faces ;)

5KG is possible in the off-season, Didn't Neil Best do something similar.

With a good mixture of protein and supplements, 5kg is very doable, wonder does it affect his speed etc. ?

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

They wont bottle it. Not a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's game-time that counts, more than bulk, and the fact that they've pulled their best players out of the Super 14 is, IMO, a big mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote:
    QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

daveirl wrote:
    I have a bet on with him they they will bottle it. Only time will tell!

This all seems like scare mongering and propaganda.

If NZ lose, Ill buy everyone on this thread up to this point a pint.
    Ruggie, ear mark this thread :)

done. I have copied thread and made it a sticky :D

Oooh yeah free beer

the "up to this point" went over you head didnt it yank?

<- Pint of Lucazade with a pink umbrella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The rest of the world should look at that aspect of New Zealand rugby and use it as an incentive to play them 100% fired up. Even average Kiwi teams have kicked people's ar$es because of the fear factor of playing them at all. They thrive on being feared. That's what the haka is about. They don't compute what it would be like to be the underdog. Even though they've choked every world cup since '87, they still believe they're going to win right up till the final whistle. It's not the sort of belief other teams have, as in, if we play to our potential and give 100% we'll win. The New Zealand belief is that they'll win, regardless of form, performance or opposition.
    They do look freakishly good this year, though. Lets just hope someone in our group bursts their bubble this Autumn.

Thing is tho that that they look freakishly good every season before the world cup yet keep getting beaten when it counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hmm, just in case you guys are interested here is a bet that should satisfy the NZ fans and the NZ doubters.

Wednesday 27 December, 2006
    New Zealand vs The Field ? New Zealand vs The Field 12:46AM GMT +11:00 Selection Win
    New Zealand 0.53/1
    Any Other Team 1.5/1

Its with iasbet.com, I personally believe that the value lies with opposing NZ.

There will be an awful amount of pressure on them if they are in a tight knock out game and history tells us that at odds-on to win the World Cup they aren't value.

Anyway its all about opinions so if people want to back their opinion up with their 'hard-earned', heres where to go.

http://www.iasbet.com/Sport/BetTypeContainer.aspx?SportId=21&CompetitionID=24562&EventID=256891&FutureFlag=True

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Don't you think they look absolutely class this season, they have always looked really good but now they seem to have that ruthlessness that england had before the last world cup.

• Advertisement

I thought they looked better before the 1995 world cup.

the "up to this point" went over you head didnt it yank?

Nope - I posted up at the top of the thread :)

Free beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

RuggieBear wrote:
    I thought they looked better before the 1995 world cup.

wasn't that the cullen, lomu, wilson, zinzane brooke era (plus countless others), team full of superstars, i thought that was their problem though, they eventually got found out as a group of super rugby players rather than a great "team" of rugby players, ithink thats the major difference between that AB team and this AB, a different attitude and work ethic. Don't get me wrong tho, want to see them beaten just as much as anyone but agree with jabba cant see it happenin....go on ireland prove me wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

daveirl wrote:

I think you are clutching at straws. New Zealand are stronger now than they ever been and more importantly their mindset is different than in the past. They are ruthless and play as a cohesive team rather than a bunch of talented individuals playing together.

damnyanks wrote:
    Nope - I posted up at the top of the thread :)

Free beer

woops.:o

damnyanks can have chucky's beer:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

a year is a very long time in Rugby. We gave them a scare in their own Back-yard last summer, and we have improved. Have they? They have withdrawn many of their players from Super 14 (and i think NPC) a big mistake in my book.
    I'm not saying they won't win; I think they will. But it seems a lot of people have started counting their (:D ) kiwi's before they've hatched

• Advertisement

They do have problems in the centres.

Nonu is huge, but kinda isn't upto scratch, and they were experimenting with Mulliana there as well, and Mauger/McAllister at Inside.

Advertisement