Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos vs. Fourstar...discuss

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

My ordering preferences depend on what kind of pizza I want.

If I want a simple ham and pineapple, I go for Four Star. Domino's ham and pineapple is bland and cardboardy (if that's a word).

If I want something hot/spicy, I go for Dominos. Love the Sizzler.

For sides, Dominos wins hands down - best wedges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Grad

I prefer Domino's over Four Star, just slightly though. Unfortunately there's no Domino's near me so I have to go for Four Star for deliveries. Which I'm about to do now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They're both sh*t but 4 star is definitely worse than domino's. I would generally never get takeaway pizza though, tastes dreadful compared to a proper pizza made in an Italian restaurant.
    As above. Local Italian restaurant (De Vinci's in Leixlip) does good pizza, but Domino's is also pretty good good.

Apache (Maynooth) pizza is also good. And you can see them making your pizza (as with De Vinci;s above), which I see as a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Apache in swords is tasty but number one is dominoes in tallaght :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

chump wrote:
    I would use Dominos, havent tried 4star in a long long time. I am mightily unimpressed with Godfathers pizza.
    Indeed, ordered them 2 or 3 times now, greasy, VERY little topping and a bit dear as well.

Mizzonis is the dogs nads tbh. Very fresh, great sauce, great mushroom, ham is a bit salty sometimes but apart from that.

This Papa Johns, where is it. Is it a chain?

As for four star, dont eat in it much as the nearest one is Phibsborough, quite liked it last time. My cousins live near the one in Stillorgan, havent eaten in it in years but it was gorgeous back in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

shane86 wrote:
    Indeed, ordered them 2 or 3 times now, greasy, VERY little topping and a bit dear as well.

Mizzonis is the dogs nads tbh. Very fresh

This Papa Johns, where is it. Is it a chain?
    The Papa Johns franchise in Ireland is owned by the guy who owns Supermacs. First one in Dublin opened in Walkinstown. It's actually bigger than Dominos in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Domino's is probably a better Pizza. But I've stopped using them since it was reported on the news that they are paying their delivery workers only €5 an hour.
    That is below minimum wage, how can they do that?

Not that I am worried since I have no doubt they are pulling in far more money per hour than people in other fast food places who really are working close to minimum wage, i.e. the drivers are making money on tips.

I would perfer dominos
    I think pizza in Ireland is fairly **** and hugely overpriced.
    Yes, I rarely get it since the pricing is so very odd. Compare the ingredients to those from other fast food delivery/walk in places, like a chinese or regular chipper. The markup is way out of line for some reason.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dominos by far. I tried 4Star and found the pizza wasnt that nice, and felt sick after it. Yuck.

Plus, Dominos now have Brownies on their menu for desert - VERY nice I must say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Dominos all the way, though the one in Castletroy bothers me - no tuna...Nicest pizza is ham pepperoni and possibly some bacon thrown on!

Though if asked where I would MOST like to go for pizza, has to be MILANOS especially with the garlic bread

/drools

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I don't like pizza, so four star for me. Much better wedges, chicken strips and garlic bread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Doolie

Independent Pizza Drumcondra The best Pizza in Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

there was a place on harrington street called Pizza and wings. that was the business. prices to beat the band and a lovely pizza too. it's gone now unfortunately. I hate Four Star. I tend to get Dominos or Apache. leaning more towards domino's these days but the price of pizza is getting outrageous.

Mizzoni i had only once and thought it was horrible. Godfathers is hit and miss depending on which branch. Pinheads has a horrible base but the price is decent. Definitely will be trying Bistro Bianconi over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I prefer Dominos but i wish they dont cheese & garlic chips as a side instead of tasteless wedges.
    Apache is second best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Both Dominos and Four Star are filthy, greasy and ridiculously expensive crap. I can't believe people actually eat their food! If you want a decent pizza, buy some Dr Otker pizzas down in the supermarket and stick them in the freezer. They're healthier, tastier and about a quarter of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hmm... not mad on 4 star. Very doughy. The Dominos Meateor is class, and their garlic dip is class. Apache is atrocious and a total rip off.

Best would be the Meat one with all the beef in Pizza Hut or Pizzas n Cream in Bray. Nyom! Try their pizza dip sauce (mayo and tomato sauce). It's amazing! Check it out if you're unlucky enough to stumble into Bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

dominoes meateor - best pizza ever, enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

In Castletroy in Limerick, domino's is horrible and anybody who buys there needs their head checked, whereas four star is slightly better. My favourites are Apache and Godfathers, but I can't decide which is better - Apache is much better value (celtic meal deal ftw) and usually takes just under an hour to cook, whereas Godfathers is more expensive but tastes less greasy, but delivers in as little as 20 minutes.

I have tried ordering from Papa Johns twice, and both times, we were left hungry because they never actually delivered, despite ringing them constantly to offer directions. A definite 'no' from me due to poor service

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dominos in Waterford is located in a type of industrial estate, isnt the cleanest location. But, iv found Dominos to be clean - you see the work spaces etc and it seems clean to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Domino's is expensive, but tasty.
    Used to like 4 Star but haven't had it in ages - same for PinHeads.
    Godfathers never impressed me, nor Apache.
    Mizzoni's is the pizza of choice now. Acquired taste but its excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Both horrible; get a *REAL* pizza please.
    (I've tried Apache and Mizzoni as well, but I'm trying to stay in topic (and be polite))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

4 Star - If ye're starving (more than 1 person I hope)
    2 x 16" pizzas with 2 toppings each for €20. Web code fsp1645

Papa Johns - Slightly less hungry, pizza tastes nicer too imo.
    Dough Saver Deal - 14" pizza (biggest they do I think), 3 toppings, garlic pizza bread, wedges/chicken combo, 1.25 drink also €20

Godfathers - Not 100% sure but something like:
    1 large pizza (could even be 18"?) 2 toppings, chips, (much nicer than regular pizza place wedges) 1.25 drink €26-€28ish - Pizza was horrible so only got it once

Don't know why I havent had Dominos, must be expensive or something.Must try that Bistro Bianconi place too.

But at the moment its either 4 star for hunger/price ratio or else Papa Johns

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Four Star have just reduced their large pizzas from 16" to 14" without any price change as far as I can see :mad:

still wrote: »
    id second that

and they have a branch in galway and sligo aswell.

best take away pizza i have ever tried, (the world over, well all the bits ive been to)

thats dinner sorted for tonight. mmmh

The winner for me is The Dons Pizza Parlour in Ballymena Co Antrim. Best pizza I have ever had anywhere in the world, Italy included ;)

Their American hot pizza is unspeakably tasty :D

cormie wrote: »
    Just on the west cost, see pic:
    galway.gif

Pizzas N' Cream in Bray is the nicest I've had in Ireland fo show!

They are good for sitting in.

Little Ceasars large pepperoni is really good value pizza. Its only €9 :eek:

There is a branch in Greystones. Does anybody remember the Pizza place that use to be in Greystones village centre which is now a chinese? It was the best Pizza for a long time, you could eat in or take away. Shame it closed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Doolie wrote: »
    Independent Pizza Drumcondra The best Pizza in Dublin :D

Nice place, but the chicken they use is dire, let's the side down.
    It's like poor quality supermarket processed sh1t.

They are ignoring my emails too, CÚNTS!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Years ago I had dominos but found it VERY salty. So I ordered 4 star instead and did so for a long time.

In the last few months I've ordered dominos and I have to say it's really nice. Wedges are always awful though, but I don't think it's possible to get nice wedges in a pizza place, they're always undercooked and ... just ugh!!

I also really liked Godfathers, I found their pizzas were nice but they also did chips!! And they were the best chips ever!! Couldn't beat it. But I haven't had it in a while because the one near me is now a pizza hut... are they still around? I haven't seen any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Anybody try the pizzas from Il Fornaio (located on the Kilbarrack road, Dublin), lovely! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

Domino's ftw!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

go get a real pizza.

Advertisement