Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos vs. Fourstar...discuss

Options
  • 27-02-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

I'd be interested in what people think of Dominos vs. Fourstar, but in relation to the product and marketing only, I really couldn't care if the delivery guy from Dominos came two-days late and smelt of fish, or the Fourstar guy wouldn't accept payment via your sack of 20c pieces.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dominos is infinetly nicer than Four Star, which pretty much just tastes like cardboard. From the base to the toppings to the sides, Dominos is much nicer. However, Papa Johns is even nicer still.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Domino's is probably a better Pizza. But I've stopped using them since it was reported on the news that they are paying their delivery workers only €5 an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Domino's is probably a better Pizza. But I've stopped using them since it was reported on the news that they are paying their delivery workers only €5 an hour.

Well dont stop cos of that, im a driver for dominos and i can say that im very happy with the amount i make for a nights work. Whoever that was on the news giving out is a fool and he signed a contract without reading it. We get more than €5 an hour when you factor in how many deliveries and tips we get. I dont wish to start a debate about this topic, thanks.

Please dont believe everythign you hear on the news.

Anyway, dominos is way better, and most of the other places are only trying to model themselfs on the dominos way cos they see how good it is.!

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Double Decadence... *drool*

Anything with that much cheese has to be good so I say Dominos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Four star is just up the road so it wins! Although it varies - sometimes, they leave the pizza in the oven too long and the cheese melts too much for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I would use Dominos, havent tried 4star in a long long time. I am mightily unimpressed with Godfathers pizza.

Pity there's no Papa Johns in the city or close to it (dublin). Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

chump wrote:
    I am mightily unimpressed with Godfathers pizza.
    Both Godfathers and Apache.

What's Pinheads like anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Bistro Bianconi in Ranelagh would have to be the best takeaway pizza I've experienced in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭still

blorg wrote:
    Bistro Bianconi in Ranelagh would have to be the best takeaway pizza I've experienced in Ireland.

id second that

and they have a branch in galway and sligo aswell.

best take away pizza i have ever tried, (the world over, well all the bits ive been to)

thats dinner sorted for tonight. mmmh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I ordered from 4 star once over the summer and it was crap and they overcharged me. Dominos is better, but Papa Johns is the king. Pity their wedges aren't great though :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They're both sh*t but 4 star is definitely worse than domino's. I would generally never get takeaway pizza though, tastes dreadful compared to a proper pizza made in an Italian restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I'm on a bit of a pizza craze now. The bar I'm working in makes pizza. We make our dough from scratch and all fresh toppings cut each day. Different base sauces for some pizzas, cranberry, satay, basil, chilli and then the regular tomatoe.
    Only started making them last week. Only a handful are made each night, but up to 30-40 are cooked on a Fri night :(
    I'm not looking forward to tomorrow night

Fresh pizza tastes so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Pizzas n' Cream in Bray for teh win. Real pizza's unlike those American blow-ins.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

godfathers ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Apache ftw. Dominos is way too base-heavy and toppings-light and FourStar is just ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Pizza? U 4 REAL? It's a glorified sandwich! And a sandwich is a dressed-up big fat nothing.

Pizza? Pfzz...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Fourstar for me. Their pepperoni is much nicer than dominos, plus I prefer the base.

Papa Johns is quite nice as well.
    [Bistro Bianconi]and they have a branch in galway

Whereabouts is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anima wrote:
    [Bistro Bianconi]and they have a branch in galway
    Whereabouts is that?

Just on the west cost, see pic:
    galway.gif

Pizzas N' Cream in Bray is the nicest I've had in Ireland fo show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

DiFontaines (attached to Eamon Dorans) make pizza for the Gods! case closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

chump wrote:
    I would use Dominos, havent tried 4star in a long long time. I am mightily unimpressed with Godfathers pizza.

Pity there's no Papa Johns in the city or close to it (dublin). Looks good

Isn't there a Papa Johns in Walkinstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

chump wrote:
    I am mightily unimpressed with Godfathers pizza.

blasphemy!!!!!!

it completely depends on the franchis operator though. I live in finglas and Godfathers is far and away better than four star or dominoes in that area. My parents live in Dun Laoghaire and dominoes there is far better than four star or godfathers.

I love godfathers pizza, I love their chicken chunks and I love their garlic pizza bread...far too much unfortunately ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Bistro Bianconi (www.bistrobianconi.ie) any day, hands down...

Such good pizza's!!! And the side orders you get are nearly meals in themselves, Chicken wings are just so :p and not to forget the loverly garlic and herb breads they do... Domino's and Four Star are just nothing in comparison!!!

I know what i'm having for dinner tonigh!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Iago wrote:
    it completely depends on the franchis operator though.

Completely agree here

Dominoes in Castletroy in Limerick is mank when compared to 4star at punches cross.

Dominoes is too cheesy, greasy and the base seems like its made with loads of chemicals.

4star has nicer base and sauce.

Papa Johns is good too but again just a little too moist to top 4star.

So I would rate them in Limerick
    1. Fourstar
    2. Papa Johns
    3. Dominoes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

What's Pinheads like anyone?
    Pinheads used to be really nice but I haven't eaten from there in three years so bit out of date. As for dominos/four star, the base on four star is horrible. Dominos FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

all i am going to say on this is the scorcher, no pizza can beat it anywhere, only place that uses chili sauce on the pizza..

ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think pizza in Ireland is fairly **** and hugely overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Im not really a fan of the base in Domino's, and sometimes the veg toppings can be very raw, so im gonna go with 4star...tho I would prefer apache over both of em' :)

CC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

the best places are the authentic ones!! there is a pizza place called remos where i live and its owned by a boyo from (i think he said...) greece that wishes he was italian:p we're good mates with him from goin in every week before a heavy night on the town:D the pizzas there are the best ive tasted in ireland by far, everything made from scratch in front of you in the traditional way

Advertisement