Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair staightners for men

Options
  • 26-02-2007 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Does anybody know where i can get a cheap hair straightner in Dublin City centre

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭girliegirl

I presume men can use the same as women… if so a brilliant hair straightener is the GHD. You can only get it from Peter Marks Hairdressers. Otherwise if you want a cheaper one, I had a Remington “ceramic” straightener which I bought in Sam McCauleys chemist in Greystones for about 30 euro I think. You can get this from Argos or other chemists in Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

real men have frizzy hair!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,029 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

There is a ghd which is smaller than the regular one that i'd say would be good. That tony and guy one another poster recommended looks good and cheap too.

Argos have a heap cheap hair straighteners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

the smaller GHD is about 125e from Peter Marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

women WILL notice if your hair has been GHD'd and WILL question your masculinity as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

no they won't! I'd rather have a boyfriend with nice hair who is confident enough in his masculinity to use a GHD than one with horrible hair who is so afraid people will question your masculinity he won't do anything about it! Also, who says hes interested in women? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

louisecm wrote:
    Also, who says hes interested in women?
    exactly.
    i'm a curly haired male and i ghded my hair one for the laugh, it looked horrible and stupid and its obvious that it has been straightened and imo looks silly for that reason. curly/wavey hair ftw...go natural folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭tamburlaine

louisecm wrote:
    no they won't! I'd rather have a boyfriend with nice hair who is confident enough in his masculinity to use a GHD than one with horrible hair who is so afraid people will question your masculinity he won't do anything about it! Also, who says hes interested in women? :)

Damn right. I agree with this girlie. Nothing wrong with it at all. Looks good if you don't overdo it. And stick a bit of product in it, some kind of wax. Sorted. Couple up with a stonking pair of winklepickers, skinny jeans, decent tee and small leather jacket. **** it, yeah. All the girls will be after you, provided you're not too repulsive looking of course.

a stonking pair of winklepickers

He he...I like that you used "stonking" and "winklepickers" in the same sentence. "Stonking pair of winklepickers", the phrase that pays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭tamburlaine

louisecm wrote:
    He he...I like that you used "stonking" and "winklepickers" in the same sentence. "Stonking pair of winklepickers", the phrase that pays.

Yeah, dahlin. Gotta keep it real..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I've the skinny GHD. A few of my friends use hair straighteners as well. They work, I guess, if you're hair is long enough. I just use it for creating spikier spikes. Looks good, methinks.

So do the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

louisecm wrote:

God darn it - why can't men be men anymore!? GHD? Girlie Hair Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

J.S. Pill wrote:
    God darn it - why can't men be men anymore!? GHD? Girlie Hair Day.

Agree with you completely.

I'm shocked at all the girls who are encouraging this poor lad.

funny, one of the guys i know was from west cork... if his hurling mates found out about it, it'd be hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Alternatively, Guy Hair Day.

Is your masculinity really so fragile that a mere hair straightener will take it away? I don't care if someone straightens their hair or not, but I want them to be comfortable enough to do it if they feel like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It annoys me when people say it's "gay looking" - ponceyness is not solely the preserve of the homosexual man. But yeah, ponceyness is seriously unattractive. I don't want a macho wanker but I do like a "manly" man who's confident enough in his masculinity to not have to make homophobic jokes, but who's also confident enough in his masculinity to not have to resort to fashion fads. And the fact that hair straightening is considered an "indie" thing - my god, "indie" has certainly lost its original meaning...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Dudess wrote: »
    It annoys me when people say it's "gay looking" - ponceyness is not solely the preserve of the homosexual man. But yeah, ponceyness is seriously unattractive. I don't want a macho wanker but I do like a "manly" man who's confident enough in his masculinity to not have to make homophobic jokes, but who's also confident enough in his masculinity to not have to resort to fashion fads. And the fact that hair straightening is considered an "indie" thing - my god, "indie" has certainly lost its original meaning...
    In conclusion....Gay Hair Day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Malteaser! wrote: »
    the smaller GHD is about 125e from Peter Marks.

Having owned both, and not being afraid to admit it, the thinner one is much better for guys hair imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Hanley wrote: »
    Having owned both, and not being afraid to admit it, the thinner one is much better for guys hair imo.

The thinner one should be easier to carry in your man-bag, just make sure both
    are co-ordinated with the Uggs you're wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Can everyone whose against this guy buying it please post pics of their short back and sides 5 euro haircuts please :D Don't forget to include ur GAA jersey and yorkie bar

Hanley wrote: »

I bought the thinner one a good while ago. Used it for a while, to be honest I just got too lazy and my hair is a lot shorter now.

Don't really how see how sexuality enters into it, its a hair straightener. It just straightens hair.

It's not "gay" but it's girlie. There are enough women in the world obsessed with their appearance, I'd rather a guy who won't be fighting with me for the mirror.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

mloc wrote: »
    Don't really how see how sexuality enters into it, its a hair straightener. It just straightens hair.

You're not using your imagination!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

http://www.hqhair.com/

it's the cheapest place i know to get them, and get the ghd mini styler, have it ages, solid piece of kit.
    If it makes you look better and you want to, use it and don't give a **** what others think. Any negative comments are normally either out of their own insecurity or that they want you

The thinner one should be easier to carry in your man-bag, just make sure both
    are co-ordinated with the Uggs you're wearing.

Haha yup... It's easier to fit in my gym bag. There's alot of national weightlifting titles, records and trophies all fighting for room in there too so any extra space I can save helps!!

I find the insecurity around this whole issue hilarious. It seems to be the guys who don't use them calling them "gay" even more than the girls. How insecure...

I'm happy enough knowing that I'm not gay, I don't think I should let my hair just fall whatever way it does out of the shower to prove it. How is straightening your hair any different to putting gel in it anyway? In both cases you're trying to get it into a style it doesn't naturally sit in.

Anyway, mini rant over with.

diegowhite wrote: »
    Any negative comments are normally either out of their own insecurity or that they want you
    No, girly guys are just not attractive.

Dudess wrote: »
    No, girly guys are just not attractive.

Are all guys who use a straightener "girly" in their appearance?

Are all guys who DON'T use a straightener rugged and "manly"?

• Advertisement

It's not the appearance, it's the act of doing it in the first place.

Advertisement