Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OK i failed my driving TEST 16 times

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

It's not so long ago Volvoboy that you were boasting about driving in bus lanes at peak times. :rolleyes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055019597

Yes thats right, and now i dont do it anymore after a friendly word from a guard, driving in the bus lanes in a peak or off peak times it has no reflection on good or bad driving in my opinoin, just because you cant drive in them in certain times.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭DrivingInfo

Hi to all

Nerves are the signal biggest problem when taking a driving test and the best cure is to understand what the driving tester is looking for.

When you are ready for a driving test you should be able to deal with any situation you are presented with even if you are nervous and regrettably nerves always makes a big difference to this (Catch 22).

So a pit of advice, when taking your next test only deal with situations as they are presented to you and if you make a mistake fix it if possible.

Best of luck next time.

P.S. Don’t lose your licence next time as it was a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

yeah you failed the test, now you are here looking for someones shoulder to cry on, come on, if you were not a wussie, you you would not be looking for sempthy, yeah i know the spelling is like your test crap

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

old boy wrote:
    yeah you failed the test, now you are here looking for someones shoulder to cry on, come on, if you were not a wussie, you you would not be looking for sempthy, yeah i know the spelling is like your test crap

Wow, that's a great contribution to this forum, old boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

overdriver wrote:
    Tough luck, VB. Don't let the begrudgers get you down.
    Better luck next time.

How is it possible to begrudge a failure???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Like this:
    Do us a favour, VB, if you're nervous, stay off the road. It's bad enough with all the bad drivers without nervous ones, too.

Looked kinda needlessly negative and begrudging to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

overdriver wrote:
    Looked kinda needlessly negative and begrudging to me.
    Maybe negative but how is it 'begrudging'. To begrudge is to be envious of. Why would anyone be envious of Volvoboy failing a test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

old boy wrote:

Why do i get a feeling that there is a stong haterid for me on this fourm?

Old boy?
    Slow coach?
    DonJose?

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Volvoboy wrote:
    Why do i get a feeling that there is a stong haterid for me on this fourm?

Old boy?
    Slow coach?
    DonJose?

-VB-

Not me. :) I was just of the opinion that you shouldn't let your nerves affect your driving. I was nervous, but passed first time. My sister and my wife were both nervous wrecks, but I gave them both some robust encouragement leading up to the test and they both passed first time. My wife was so nervous she couldn't drive home afterwards. If there's nothing wrong with your driving then you shouldn't fail the test because of nerves. That's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

Longfield wrote:
    Get lessons from someone else, preferably someone highly recommends (if you are sitting your test in Finglas I know who will make sure you are pass material

hey Longfield can you pass on the name of that instructor via PM ;) Ta
    md99 wrote:
    Write to the driving test authority or whatever it's called, say you wish to apply for cancellation due to X reason (eg you're needed to drive for work - getting an employer to write the letter is more believable) and they will write back to you with details regarding if you've been accepted or not..

could they just accept your cancellation and kick you out? lol what happens then, do you just reapply again?

• Advertisement

Maybe negative but how is it 'begrudging'. To begrudge is to be envious of. Why would anyone be envious of Volvoboy failing a test?

G'way ye shower of fecks! Yis know what I meant! Time to start a semantics forum, methinks!

overdriver wrote:
    G'way ye shower of fecks!

This ain't a semantics forum, but there's no need for that kind of language either

• Registered Users Posts: 45,425 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ando wrote:
    hey Longfield can you pass on the name of that instructor via PM ;) Ta

could they just accept your cancellation and kick you out? lol what happens then, do you just reapply again?
    no - you are applying for comeone else's canceled time slot- not canceling yourself.

unkel wrote:
    This ain't a semantics forum, but there's no need for that kind of language either
    "Feck" is not bad language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feck

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

From the link:
    Vernacular usage of feck in the expletive sense is syntactically interchangeable with fúck.

That's how it was intended; that's how it was felt. If you have a problem expressing yourself clearly, don't take it out on those who take you up wrongly.

Eh. as I was the one who used it, I am the only one qualified to say how it was meant.

Also from the link:

it does not equate to the word '****' as many people outside Ireland tend to think.

I have no problem expressing myself clearly, thank you very much, and I was NOT taking anything out on anybody. I was merely pointing out in a jokey " G'way outta that" manner, that the posters who pick up on the occassional word incorrectly applied ( in this case "begrudgers") knew quite well what I was saying. It was a message of support to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Man, I have nothing to do with this thread or this argument, and I really hate doing this, so do try to forgive me Slow coach but syntactically != semantically. "No" is syntactically interchangeable with "Yes", and "cheese" is syntactically interchangeable with "chalk". Okay, now I will slink off. Forget I posted this.

This really isn't the semantics forum...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement