Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OK i failed my driving TEST 16 times

Options
  • 24-02-2007 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

ok misleading title, took my test today and i got sixteen times, as in got 16 grade two marks.

the nervs got to me i lost my licence when i got out of the car ran home up-ended the living room and ran back, found my licence on the ground beside the car, went in but the nervs were still at me, and really put the ****s up me, and i started making silly mistakes, but what really gets to me is i done eight pre tests at 25 a go, the instructer was very confident in me and was shocked when i failed, but i'll get it the next time!!

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Don't worry about it, just reapply and keep driving with the test in mind. Remember, they have to be lucky all the time, you only have to be lucky once.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

What a joke the Irish driving test system is, you can fail a driving test and still drive home :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

DonJose wrote:
    What a joke the Irish driving test system is, you can fail a driving test and still drive home :rolleyes:
    Way to go, kick him when he's down.

I'm not kicking anybody when they are down, I'm just stating we must be the only country in the world that allows people to drive home after failing a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

DonJose wrote:
    I'm not kicking anybody when they are down, I'm just stating we must be the only country in the world that allows people to drive home after failing a test.

I think pretty much every country in the world allows people drive home after failing the driving test. Whether they are allowed drive unaccompanied is another matter.

Tough luck on the test. It wouldn't be half the ordeal if you hadn't spent a year waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Tough luck, VB. Don't let the begrudgers get you down.
    Better luck next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Do us a favour, VB, if you're nervous, stay off the road. It's bad enough with all the bad drivers without nervous ones, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Slow coach wrote:
    Do us a favour, VB, if you're nervous, stay off the road. It's bad enough with all the bad drivers without nervous ones, too.

he was nervous about the test... not driving ....:eek:

overdriver wrote:
    Tough luck, VB. Don't let the begrudgers get you down.
    Better luck next time.

Begrudgers, give me a break, how about concerned driver/father. I would be delighted if the OP came on this forum and annouced, "Great news guys, I just passed my driving test with flying colours. The qualified driving instructor gave me my driving certificate of competency as he is confident I am ready to drive a vehicle on public roads."

Thats not the case, its a case of another failed driver being allowed back on the roads.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If you fail your first driving test, how long does it take before you are allowed to resit the test? Is it a case of you are put back at the back of the queue and have to wait another year for another test, or are you allowed apply without having to wait the whole year for them to get around to you again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Slow coach wrote:

I'm sure Volvoboy will gladly give up driving to ease your nerves... :confused:

DonJose wrote:
    Begrudgers, give me a break, how about concerned driver/father. I would be delighted if the OP came on this forum and annouced, "Great news guys, I just passed my driving test with flying colours. The qualified driving instructor gave me my driving certificate of competency as he is confident I am ready to drive a vehicle on public roads."

Thats not the case, its a case of another failed driver being allowed back on the roads.

A failed driver doesn't denote someone who is not fit to drive in real terms...

You will be 'failed' for all sorts of things to do with gears, mirrors etc which should ideally be done but aren't by most drivers in the country, there are a lot more passed drivers driving dangerously than failed ones in many cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

dr.bollocko - its back to the end of the que!

yes ido think the driving testing is silly, but i have been driving for a year nest month and havent crashed into anybody, the way you drive on the day is the juged of your licence, and not juged on the 11 months i've been driving, but like many others the nervs got the better of me on the day but i know i'll try it again and again till i get it, and there are much worse drivers out there than me.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

If you fail your first driving test, how long does it take before you are allowed to resit the test? Is it a case of you are put back at the back of the queue and have to wait another year for another test, or are you allowed apply without having to wait the whole year for them to get around to you again?

back to the end of the queue.....

If you really feel done out of it, Volvoboy, apply for cancellation...

A 2 month wait will be better than a 12 month one if you get it!

Just going to get a letter off the job (again) it was only a 4 week wait when i sent it in, already re-applied!

-VB-

It would have been a lot worse if you failed having waited a nearly year to take it! That was my big worry.

Volvoboy wrote:
    but i have been driving for a year nest month and havent crashed into anybody

The provisional driver that lost control while overtaking and then crashed into my brother and killed him was never involved in an accident prior to this crash...

DonJose wrote:

I dont feel hard done by the tester done his job, i didnt drive to standard on the day.

Simple

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

md99 wrote:
    If you really feel done out of it, Volvoboy, apply for cancellation...

A 2 month wait will be better than a 12 month one if you get it!
    How do you apply for a cancellation? Is it only possible to apply for a cancellation after already failing it once?
    I cant believe you go back to the back of the queue, thats just incredible...

thats just incredible...

No its just irish!!

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Volvoboy wrote:
    ok misleading title, took my test today and i got sixteen times, as in got 16 grade two marks.
    You're allowed 8 grade 2 marks, so technically you only failed "twice" ;-D
    Hope this helps
    The provisional driver that lost control while overtaking and then crashed into my brother and killed him was never involved in an accident prior to this crash...
    That driver was just an idiot, we (provisional drivers) dont all go around killing people ya know. Id say around 99.9% of us dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Volvoboy wrote:
    the nervs got to me i lost my licence when i got out of the car ran home up-ended the living room and ran back, found my licence on the ground beside the car, went in but the nervs were still at me, and really put the ****s up me, and i started making silly mistakes, but what really gets to me is i done eight pre tests at 25 a go, the instructer was very confident in me and was shocked when i failed, but i'll get it the next time!!
    -VB-

Never mind VB, am sure you know that you are a safe driver when not stressed out in a test environment.
    I failed first time too and passed on the second attempt. To be honest maybe a change of instructor would be helpful, my first instructor thought I was a dead cert to pass, but he was wrong.

I did the blame game after failing first time, my second instructor was totally different and straight away picked up on the points where i failed.

Get lessons from someone else, preferably someone highly recommends (if you are sitting your test in Finglas I know who will make sure you are pass material - he's a fantastic instructor and was recommended to me by another boardsie here).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

How do you apply for a cancellation? Is it only possible to apply for a cancellation after already failing it once?
    I cant believe you go back to the back of the queue, thats just incredible...

It's one of the most simple things that many don't seem to know about..

You don't need to have failed it once already, you can apply for cancellation the day you get your provisional licence if you like...

Write to the driving test authority or whatever it's called, say you wish to apply for cancellation due to X reason (eg you're needed to drive for work - getting an employer to write the letter is more believable) and they will write back to you with details regarding if you've been accepted or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Longfield wrote:
    Get lessons from someone else, preferably someone highly recommends (if you are sitting your test in Finglas I know who will make sure you are pass material - he's a fantastic instructor and was recommended to me by another boardsie here).
    hey could you PM me his details pls? Anyhoos VB hard luck - I did the same thing last year with my test - i was a bundle of nerves and messed up my reverse just use the test as a learning experience for the next one.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,226 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sorry to hear that VB

If it's any consolation, I failed my test while I was not nervous - I was confident. My test went very well. I was convinced I'd passed

A few weeks (and only a couple of hours of driving) later I passed although I was very nervous (because I didn't understand why I failed before) and my performance was only adequate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Volvoboy wrote:

-VB-

The first time I sat it we didn't even complete the route as I was failing so badly. I broke the speed limit within thirty seconds of leaving the centre. That probably wasn't even my worst mistake.

I ended up passing it at my third attempt. But even then, my instructor actually screamed in my pre-test an hour before the actual test, as I nearly crashed at the Luas station in Beechwood. I still think she was too nervous to be a driving instructor.

Anyway, practice and persevere. 95% of people are nervous on these occasions. It's possible to be nervous and still pass, so don't develop a mental block about nerves. (Ahem) Feel the fear and do it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

md99 wrote:
    I'm sure Volvoboy will gladly give up driving to ease your nerves... :confused:

Gee, where did I mention that I was nervous? I didn't.

Maybe I was a bit OTT. I mean everybody's nervous doing their test, but you shouldn't allow your nerves to affect your driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's not so long ago Volvoboy that you were boasting about driving in bus lanes at peak times. :rolleyes: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055019597

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement