Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA Airsoft (Archive)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

It's mental - the roads out to the site are gritted, but the side streets in sandymount are sheet ice. And ... it's not like we shouldn't have learned our lesson around here after last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 oglon343

Ye lads be seriously careful on the roads around ballyboughal, ended up half in ditch this morning around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

It's mental - the roads out to the site are gritted, but the side streets in sandymount are sheet ice. And ... it's not like we shouldn't have learned our lesson around here after last year!

A lot of the Fingal County Council lorry drivers, live out this way, so they would have the lorry's home with them, so when they head off in the morning they girt there way out to the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Might not make it out in the morning just landed back at base 1130 and only got in the door now. Roads all around the airport are bad and the runway aint much better:D so anyone heading out drive really carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

im goin to have to bail lads, KCC havent gritted the main road out of rathangan to the curragh/m7 and its like glass

peter...ill keep that serpa holster for you and bring it up to you in 2 weeks or i can meet you in town with it either

andy...we'll go back to the drawing board for the mp5 collection

ger...we'll swap those batteries over asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

BAILORS!

On a more serious note the roads out there are almost entirely passable by car driven sensibly but once you get off the more trafficed ways it's not good going. So if you're driving anywhere keep your wits about you, stay off the brakes, avoid steep hills and stay ... um ... frosty.

Daz1214 wrote: »
    im goin to have to bail lads, KCC havent gritted the main road out of rathangan to the curragh/m7 and its like glass

peter...ill keep that serpa holster for you and bring it up to you in 2 weeks or i can meet you in town with it either

I was the same roads like glass here and no gritters to be seen. Daz i'll send ya a pm in an hour or two i have to figure how to get to work tonight

no probs chief

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Daz1214 wrote: »

Nay bother Daz!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Wise decision to stay at home today.

In attendance at HRTA this am were, Paul(boss), Stonewolf, Oisin, Paul K and me.

It was -8C at 0930 in Swords and had risen to a balmy-2C at 1200. Plenty of Chairsofting done.
    See ya all next weekend.

• Advertisement

Dogwatch wrote: »
    Wise decision to stay at home today.

In attendance at HRTA this am were, Paul(boss), Stonewolf, Oisin, Paul K and me.

It was -8C at 0930 in Swords and had risen to a balmy-2C at 1200. Plenty of Chairsofting done.
    See ya all next weekend.

You mean hopefully :D if the roads are good. Right i have a 2 hour break coming up time for a kip

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Anyone out tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Me and Jimmy should be some time, probably the afternoon, not sure yet
    :)

Not me. Cold is in me auld bones.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Good luck to all that turn out

See ya all next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

im with Peter stuck indoors with some anti-inflammatories and a few hot drinks

Gatling wrote: »
    im with Peter stuck indoors with some anti-inflammatories and a few hot drinks
    Not me. Cold is in me auld bones.

Good luck to all that turn out

See ya all next weekend

Bailor's Although i cant make it due to work conditions.
    See ya next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

andy_g wrote: »
    Bailor's Although i cant make it due to work conditions.
    See ya next week.

You mean the snow is too deep for you and your afraid your ginger hair wont be seen if you get lost in a pot hole:D:D:D:D:D

Afraid to tell you not ginger loo at your OH for ginger :D Im off to loo at A and A forum

wont make tomorrow, taking a sunday off :D

andy, ill bring the mp5 up next sunday ;)

Some Photos from today,

05122010166.th.jpg
    05122010167.th.jpg
    05122010168.th.jpg
    05122010169.th.jpg
    05122010170.th.jpg
    05122010171.th.jpg
    05122010172.th.jpg
    05122010173.th.jpg
    05122010174.th.jpg
    05122010175.th.jpg
    05122010176.th.jpg
    05122010177.th.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks really well with snow paul hope the roads arnt too bad and i can get up next weekend

andy_g wrote: »
    Looks really well with snow paul hope the roads arnt too bad and i can get up next weekend

There not to bad to blakescross, the R129 was bit more icy, i was up and down to the site all week, but better to be safe and wait till the ice is gone from the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Bailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

OzCam wrote: »
    Bailers.

Now now B...... I thought you didn't like that word?

True. I beg the reader's indulgence this once, seeing as I was the only one to turn up this morning. Jimmy & Ronan arrived around lunchtime.

Never mind, it looks like I'll be there on the 19th after all.

I'll bet that you did not play, as usual:D:D:D:D:D

Well, I could have earnestly played Chasing Shadows, but frankly it didn't seem worth it.

Who is out sunday?

I'll be out both days weather/roads permitting

fingers crossed ill be up

• Advertisement

Sunday for me!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement