Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What make of laptop do you have?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 node

Macbook

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭underpants

I've a Packard Bell iGo 4000. never had a problem with it.
    I even dropped it about 10 foot on to a wooden floor and it still works!!!
    good few years old now and just ordered an acer to replace it. Hope it lasts as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

compaq c300ea for me..

got it for xmas .. no prbs since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've a Dell Inspiron 6000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Had a Gateway, pile of crap.

Have had two Dell's. Inspiron which broke one week out of warranty and Dell wouldn't do anything about it and my current laptop is a Latitude D810 which works perfectly since day one, no problems.

Have Dell dimension desktop with no problems.

Have worked with a company that had nothing but IBM Thinkpads and used them for a year with not one problem on anyones laptop that I'm aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

I've had a Dell Inspiron 6400 with the last three months and its had no problems. I'm very happy with it. At home i've got an ancient Compaq Armada 1750 PII 366 !!! Its built like a tank though and it still works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Packard Bell easynote. 30mins battery life, sounds like it runs on a deisel motor. Slow as hell. Its only 15mts old. Screen sucks. Can't say anything positive about it at all. I could say that at least it was cheap at €650 but it was a rip off. Lesson learned.

By the way, any offers?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Dell Inspiron 6000, just over 1 yr old
    Excellent machine, 1gig ram, Ati mobility x300 video card, Centrino 1..86ghz, Xp+Ubuntu dual boot, 2nd 7200mAh 80wh battery lasts over 3 hours
    Good machine, very happy, good service from Dell when needed
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

bogman wrote:
    Dell Inspiron 6000, just over 1 yr old
    Excellent machine, 1gig ram, Ati mobility x300 video card, Centrino 1..86ghz, Xp+Ubuntu dual boot
    :)

Must've gotten the same deal....I've the exact same setup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Dell XPS M170 - Graphics Card Replaced,Bluetooth Module Replaced,Motherboard Replaced Twice...Now it works ok tho'......I was pressuring them for a new one but alas no joy! - Got a free USB key tho'....
    Dell D410 - Ebay purchase for €600 with 2 years NBD...had battery replaced under recall program but sweet as a bloody nut otherwise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

majiktripp wrote:
    Dell XPS M170 - Graphics Card Replaced,Bluetooth Module Replaced,Motherboard Replaced Twice...Now it works ok tho'......I was pressuring them for a new one but alas no joy! - Got a free USB key tho'....
    Dell D410 - Ebay purchase for €600 with 2 years NBD...had battery replaced under recall program but sweet as a bloody nut otherwise!

Jesus. I wouldn't have accepted that. Mother board replaced twice and graphics card also. Usb key for your troubles. Feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Oh believe me there was some bloody long battles with supervisors and escalations etc but I dealt with at least 6 different people in the process and a lot got lost in translation...which is a ploy of dell's I bleive,no hard feelings really though,I deal with them regularly enough so I know **** happens....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Dell Inspiron 6400

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A lovely Acer Aspire, my second.
    I am a mac hater. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I am a mac hater. :)

Careful now, Mac users are quite sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Home: HP Pavilion zv5368ea and my work laptop is a HP Compaq NC6000

Very happy with both; Altho the NC can be slow at times and suffers from grinding hard disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Acer Travelmate 2300 over 2 years old and used every day I pimped it up with 2gigs of ram running and using Photoshop and Illustrator with gusto. Great machine cheap and cheerful about to buy a new one will very likely go for same again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Acer Aspire, first laptop. Don't like the fact that they don't supply full XP disc, so reinstall means all data gone, no possibility of repair. Just this week-end used s-video out for the first time with tv, handy. Also reinstall disc needed about 5 restarts the last time I used it. Had to replace HD, my fault.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Ive got Philips Freevents x53. Got it last holloween, love it, not one bit of bother with it, runs everything i need perfectly, battery is just under 4 hours (which is great for me after having 2 laptops with battery life that more often than not wouldnt exceed 1 hour!!). Its so small and light aswell which is what i need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I have an Acer 4604WLMi and after reading that horror story on here, I hope it behaves. It was blue screening on me a while back and I couldn't figure out why. I reloaded windows and it stopped for a month or so. When it started again, I really did try to figure it out but couldn't find the cause. I eventually reloaded windows again and it blue screens very infrequently now. Hopefully it won't get any worse as I don't want to send it back to Acer now.
    I also won't be recommending Acer as much as I used to due to their very bad treatment of the guy here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Rhodney

mine is a macbook white c2d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

id have thought Hp/compaq would have been in the list.

sweet hp nc4000 without a bother for about a year now. battery about 1.5 hours. love it to bits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Dell Inspiron 1150
    A few years old now but works ok. Probably wouldn't go with Dell again for a laptop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I think IMB/Lenovo are HP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dell Inspiron 9400. Absolutely love the thing. It's a bloody beast of a yoke. Worst thing about it was the media direct thing needed it's own 2gb partition but a format sorted that out(along with all the crap dell like to install on your pc for ya).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

On my third Toshiba. Never had any problems. Worth the extra money IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

a 2 year old gericom ego which has never gave me a days trouble.need to get more ram for it though as im trying vista out on it *ahem*

any tips for a good place to get some ram?

and a dell 6400 (oh why oh why did i buy that damn thing :mad: )

breaking my heart and its just 6 months old

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Timans wrote:
    I think IMB/Lenovo are HP.

????

IBM/Levono are, em, IBM/Levono.

HP is, erm, HP. Unless you are thinking of compaq, who are part of HP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've a Sony Vaio z600 and a Samsung x50. The Sony is about 7 or 8 years old, never gave a single problem even though it's taken some knocks and a few big drops in its time. Great piece of hardware, would love to have stayed with Sony when I was upgrading but they didn't have a model that suited me at the time. Went with the X50, no complaints so far and never had a problem with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

HP Pavilion dv2000...no problems yet anyway. Looks the biz and excellent screen clarity.

Advertisement