Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JP Poker €150 Monthly Deepstacked, 10k starting chips. Est €15000 Prize Pool

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

JP, could you put my name down please? Looking forward to this. Should be a great event like the last one over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    JP, could you put my name down please? Looking forward to this. Should be a great event like the last one over Christmas.

Hi Lloyd

Just sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

im guessing your not taking pre-reg's from boards. but if so myself and anto o'dea (aodea) are playing this if theres space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

JP

i can probably get you a dealer or 2 if you are stuck
    call me in the morno, say about 10:30 and i will get you at least 1 for certain
    pm me for no. or call steve

ditpoker wrote:
    im guessing your not taking pre-reg's from boards. but if so myself and anto o'dea (aodea) are playing this if theres space.

Hey Jeff,

I'll put you and anto down, however if the game is sold out there will be a reserve list. If your not there by the time the game starts 1st on the reserve list will take your place and you will go to the bottom of the reserve list.

Get there early and you should be fine:)

• Advertisement

JP

i can probably get you a dealer or 2 if you are stuck
    call me in the morno, say about 10:30 and i will get you at least 1 for certain
    pm me for no. or call steve

Just sent you a PM

For all you poor students there will be 1 table SnG's starting at 1pm.

Best of Luck to everyone who plays today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I wont make this today. Good luck with the event JP and good luck to everyone thats playing. Mickste is on such a roll at the moment that i'd only be dead money anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭tacker

Just home from this after going out in 16th.Fair play to JP for replaying the 1500-3000 level.Highly recommended tourny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

jp who won

• Advertisement

great tourny jp. as far as i know there were 3 levels replayed to keep the game as playable as possible for players, very accomodating. well done to jp and all the staff. really enjoyed this tourney and trying to work out what 5pin5 was up to was also good fun (and he completely destroyed me in a hand half way through... )

tacker, your K10 hand against the guy with the flush draw was very unlucky, made worse by the fact that he said he put you on a house with AK, was a terrible call by him. unlucky.

results that i know of; carl (boba_fett) was 9th, eamonn (5pin5) was 8th, i took 3rd, and will (beamo) was heads up with guy who was chip leader starting the final table when i left. the prize money was changed a bit 3 handed to 1st, 4k. 2nd 3k. 3rd, 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

ditpoker wrote:
    great tourny jp. as far as i know there were 3 levels replayed to keep the game as playable as possible for players, very accomodating. well done to jp and all the staff. really enjoyed this tourney and trying to work out what 5pin5 was up to was also good fun (and he completely destroyed me in a hand half way through... )

tacker, your K10 hand against the guy with the flush draw was very unlucky, made worse by the fact that he said he put you on a house with AK, was a terrible call by him. unlucky.

results that i know of; carl (boba_fett) was 9th, eamonn (5pin5) was 8th, i took 3rd, and will (beamo) was heads up with guy who was chip leader starting the final table when i left. the prize money was changed a bit 3 handed to 1st, 4k. 2nd 3k. 3rd, 2k.

Nice result Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Nice results for young boardsies thre with three at the final table... Would of love to have played but a late call up for a rugby match against trinity college meant I couldnt. Congrats Jeff Carl and Steamin willy beeeeeeeeeeeeemon

Congrats lads, good result although i've no idea how Jeff stumped up the €150 buyin.Were you wearing a "Will dance for money" t-shirt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Great result Jeff, nicely played. There was some emn interesting plays made. Just ask Mark and he will tell you :)

Sorry about the delay in posting this i been moving tables all morning.

First i would like to thank all the players (all 115 of you) who turned up for this event, and thanks to all the dealers for a job well done.

Well played to everyone who made the last 16 and got paid. Total prize pool €14375

16th Shane Cawe €200
    15th James Corrway €200
    14th Darren Kilby €225
    13th Mick Frisby €225
    12th Albert Kenny €250
    11th Mick Mc Keever €250
    10th Joe Keeley €275
    9th Carl O'Connell €350
    8th Eamon O'Reilly €450
    7th John Curran €550
    6th Wayne Masterson €650
    5th Paul Ward €750
    4th Eugene Cleary €1000
    3rd Jeff Taylor €2000
    2nd Willy Ryan €3000
    1st Mark Mc Keever €4000

The orginal break down for top three places was 1st €5000, 2nd €2500, 3rd €1500

After almost 2 hours of heads up play Mark flopped two pair 7's & 8's not sure what way the betting went and think there was a flush draw.

The turn came a jack and all the chips ended up in the middle, Willy had QJ.

No help for Willy on the river.

Willy was left with about 10% of the chips after this hand (with the blinds at 12k-25k 1k ante). The game finished shortly after.

Well done to both Mark and Willy.

Supporting Tournament, Total prize Pool €3900

9th Warren Hanningan €125
    8th John Burke €150
    7th Michael Carter €175
    6th Sonia Conway €200
    5th Niall Campbell €250
    4th Barry Grimes €350
    3rd Eddie Mc Gauley €450
    2nd Gerard Curtis €700
    1st John Corry €1500

Flushdraw wrote:
    Congrats lads, good result although i've no idea how Jeff stumped up the €150 buyin.Were you wearing a "Will dance for money" t-shirt :p

<INSERT WITTY GRUMPY COMMENT HERE> ... so there!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

ditpoker wrote:
    <INSERT WITTY GRUMPY COMMENT HERE> ... so there!! :p

Ah don't worry about him jeff, he is just jealous that his non stop work schedule prevents him from playing any tournaments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

"Steaming willy bemean" is also know as willy the steamer in different circles.

In all seriousness well done jeff and willy a decent result like this has been in the post for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Well Done Jeff , Nice Result Man

I did not have the discipline or the patience for the tourney even though after playing the xmas game i knew what crowd we were up against.

Extremely frustrating watching some of the hands that were going on around me, i was begging for aces or a set.

Favourite hand of the night was blinds at 300/600 i open push utg with AK for 5100, folded around to the bb who has 7900 in chips and calls like a light declaring its the best hes seen in 90 mins, He proudly turns over K10 spades and its off to the flop we go.

Flop brings q 10 rag followed by a fist pump from my opponent.
    Turn Rag
    River Jack and i have the nuts.
    He goes to rake the pot before he is told i had a straight by about 3 people the only 3 on the table who copped it ( and one was the dealer )
    he then demands the dealer turns back over the board before staring at it for about 15 seconds , turning around to me and sayin you lucky lucky boy , that was some stroke of luck there son. i was doin kartwheels laughing on the inside and just agreed saying yes i am a lucky boy. The dealer felt it upon himself to have a go at my opponent asking was he serious and expained he hit one of 3 outs to take the lead in the hand. To which he replied still a lucky boy though.

BRILLIANT!! MONKEY POKER AT ITS BEST!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well Done Jeff , Nice Result Man

I did not have the discipline or the patience for the tourney even though after playing the xmas game i knew what crowd we were up against.

Extremely frustrating watching some of the hands that were going on around me, i was begging for aces or a set.

Favourite hand of the night was blinds at 300/600 i open push utg with AK for 5100, folded around to the bb who has 7900 in chips and calls like a light declaring its the best hes seen in 90 mins, He proudly turns over K10 spades and its off to the flop we go.

Flop brings q 10 rag followed by a fist pump from my opponent.
    Turn Rag
    River Jack and i have the nuts.
    He goes to rake the pot before he is told i had a straight by about 3 people the only 3 on the table who copped it ( and one was the dealer )
    he then demands the dealer turns back over the board before staring at it for about 15 seconds , turning around to me and sayin you lucky lucky boy , that was some stroke of luck there son. i was doin kartwheels laughing on the inside and just agreed saying yes i am a lucky boy. The dealer felt it upon himself to have a go at my opponent asking was he serious and expained he hit one of 3 outs to take the lead in the hand. To which he replied still a lucky boy though.

BRILLIANT!! MONKEY POKER AT ITS BEST!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Well done Jeff nice result. That upside down results list makes it look like you came 3rd last. Takes the gloss off. I'd be bulling if i was you!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spem4392

Great event JP

cooker3 wrote:
    Ah don't worry about him jeff, he is just jealous that his non stop work schedule prevents him from playing any tournaments!

Valid point Robert bahhh humbug :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

A large alcohol intake the night before ensured I was unable to make this but a mate of mine was there and had, well interesting things to say about eamonn ;)
    'Live Cards' seemed to be his mantra of the day :D

Advertisement