Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry/Franknfurter

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I just found this out now after reading the introduction thread over on the LTI Forum.

My greatest condolences , Barry/Franknfurter was a great guy and always there with some helpful info on pets etc.

My stomach actually sank when I just found this out.

RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

My deepest sympathies Noah.
    I didn't know Barry personally but spoke over the phone a couple of times regarding one of his many gadgets for sale on Boards.
    He seemed a lovely guy.
    Rest in peace Barry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

RIP Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭custardcreams

frankenfurter ... its a bit mental. Woody and myself (im only recently back on) i am pcwares for those who remember ed into this fellow a few times. I never saw him as woody always did the trading.I know he will be shocked. I just texted him. But the olde skool boards like me and woody know boards for what it was and what is could be and frankenfurter was somebody who reached out and recieved. I visited noahs site and i never visit photo art things. The lad gave his personality as positive with meaning

As a raw new plough gouges the earth untravelled. And my brow is heavily furrowed, the spade running deep and thick. Its spring. His spirit sings praise for the chorus, lofting him on high. Numbers. Numbers who were drawn to him. They carefully recoil and unfold upon this board. This board becomes an anvil on which destiny is carved under the nothing which softens, which softens... which softens nothing. Nothing at all.

He will be remembered by pcwares and ..i will leave this he other fella say his piece.. woody.

Pcwares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

My deepest sympathies on your sad loss.

Relative newcomer to Boards, and I can't recall being in a discusssion with him, but I did read many of his posts. Sounded like a nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

My deepest condolences Noah. He'll be greatly missed

RIP Barry/FranknFurter

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My condolences on your loss. RIP Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

I am really sorry to hear of this news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'm very sorry for your loss. He was always the first to answer a question in a helpful way.

RIP Franknfurter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 petamour.com

Barry was very helpful for the short time that I knew him.
    My deepest symathy to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I never met Barry in real life, but I've always enjoyed his posts here. He was a very helpful, inspirational person.

RIP Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭BeauZak

Very sorry to hear the sad news. I am sure Barry has left many special memories that you can hold onto forever. Thinking of you at this hard time.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

Ah this is terrible news. I only spoke to Barry when I was given a week ban for over stepping the mark. When I explained my situation Barry was very understanding and came across as a very good and genuine moderator, and person.

RIP Barry, thank you for the helpful information you gave to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

So sorry for your loss noah x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Shocking news

My deepest condolances Noah, I am very sorry for your loss.

Rest in Peace FranknFurter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Rest In Peace FranknFurter.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Puddles

Very sorry for your loss. As a newcomer, I found his advice to be second to none. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Im deeply saddened to here of your loss and my prayers will be with you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hi, I am new to this site, but I have come across your sad news and wish to offer my condolences. I have been having a look at Franknfurter/Barrys posts and profile and came across a link to your photography page. I think your work is fantastic. I will be keeping an eye out for exhibitions. May Your Husband Rest In Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I've only seen this now and am saddened by this terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with you. x x x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

RIP FnF

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Very sorry to learn of that news.

He was extremely fond of animals and helpful.

may he rest in peace

FB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Just picked up this thread now and wanted to pass on my sympathies. Barry's humour and wisdom will be sorely missed from the Accessibility forum.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry to drag up the topic, but I couldn't pass by without leaving my condolences.

RIP Barry. You will be missed on Boards. :(

My condolences to the friends and family of Barry and to you, his partner. Rest in Peace Barry, you will be missed truly and forever. So long. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lucky111

So sorry to hear of your loss
    RIP Barry x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Just saw Frankenfurter has been removed from the Mod list. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Rory123 wrote: »

He's modding that big forum in the sky ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Rory123 wrote: »
    I believe it was done to avoid any confusion that could arise by having him on the mod list. A situation could arise where someone needed to contact a forum mod who didn't know about frankenfurter and they may just so happen to pm frankenfurter. This user could get annoyed when they don't recieve a response to their pm (maybe even multiple pms). This could lead the user to having a rant about it in feedback. The usual rabble engage and some say how it's a bloody disgrace that the user's perfectly reasonable request was ignored for no reason, you could get comments that could be quite disrespectful to frankenfurter. How do you think his family or friends would feel if they seen the thread and some of the comments? How would the user feel when they realised how the rant they started and the ensuing comments made the family and friends feel?

Now the situation above is probably very unlikely to happen but we should probably try and avoid those situations as much as possible.

P.S. RIP, frankenfurter.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Good idea from the admins.Can understand the confusion it might cause.This thread will stay here as long as boards does as a mark of respect for Barry.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement