Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry/Franknfurter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

My deepest condolences Noah. I'm sorry for your loss.

RIP Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I'm only a member since Nov. and most of my posts are here. I almost felt as though I knew him in that short time.
    May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Very shocking.

A real loss to the forum.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

My deepest condolences Noah.

RIP Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

So sorry for your loss Noah.
    Will remember Barry fondly from here & another board.
    He'll be sorely missed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Noah you have my thoughts right now.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Sorry to hear that - even though he banned me twice for posting You Tube video's (couldn't be bothered reading the charter) but he was very helpful afterwards getting me back online again.

Just been reading some of his posts - with all the challenges life threw at him he always seemed cheerful and living life to the full. RIP. :(

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

My sincerest condolences

joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Greysoul, I'm sorry for your trouble. Ar dheis Dé a bheith a h-anam. If there's anything I can do, please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

My deepest condolences.
    I'm sorry for your loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Noah my condolences on your loss. Barry will be missed by us all here on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

RIP

He was a brilliant poster on here and really knew his stuff :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Gosh I'm very sorry noah, will miss seeing posts here from (Barry) franknfurter RIP..

He will be remembered here fondly.......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

My sincerest condolences, Noah. He will be missed.

Pádraig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Oh no!!! I've still got PM's from him in my inbox and I really enjoyed talking to him....

I am so sorry for your loss - it's our loss as well.... a great loss, indeed...
    When you part from your friend,
    you grieve not;
    for that which you love most in him
    may be clearer in his absence,
    as the mountain to the climber
    is clearer from the plain.

--Kahlil Gibran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Dearest Noah I am so sorry for your sad lose - Barry was a wonderful man I am sad that I only met him once & I promise to love & care for Buffy, Faith & Giles.

Love & hugs to you & Barry's family.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,979 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Very sad to hear this. I met Barry a few times, once when I bought something off him through boards and I collected it from his home and other times in his place of work. Barry wasn't dealt a good hand in life, but I'll always admire and respect his positive attitude and the way he just got on with things with a complete lack of self-pity

RIP Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I only knew you from the mod forum, but I felt for you and the trouble you went through with the scumbags who hasled you in your house.
    I hope you are in a better place notw May you rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Noah,

My thoughts are with you and your family. Barry was always so friendly and helpful. His love for animals came across so strongly within this forum. He will be so so missed by us all.

Julie

Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
    and death is only a horizon;
    and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
    ~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That is such shocking news. My sincere condolences, Noah.

RIP Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

So sorry for your loss Noah.
    Barry will be deeply missed around here, he was a real presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Sorry to hear it! My condolences.
    I met him once in Liffy Valley. We were doing a trade. I had seen him around a few times since then.
    Lovely person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Greysoul

thank you all, I've shown this thread to some of Barry's family and I know they'd want me to say it on their behalf as well, every single word is deeply appreciated, thank you all so much.

My deepest sympathies to you at this time.
    Again I only knew Franknfurter from his posts.He certainly made threads interesting.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

So very very sorry for your loss. I loved reading Barry's posts, full of wonderful and useful information, I'll miss his passion.

I've borrowed this from the post by jules80 because it's more eloquent than anything I could say.

Life is eternal, and love is immortal,
    and death is only a horizon;
    and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.
    ~Rossiter Worthington Raymond

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is the first death on boards that has shocked me. I liked him and his attitude. I particularily remember smiling when I read the last post of his that I saw.
    RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

That's such a shock. My thoughts are with you Noah and your families.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Have never met him in person, but his posts made him come across as a very caring person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Firstly my deepest sympathies go to you an your family. I did not know barry and only ever saw what was posted here. But i could tell he was a very kind man....he talked so passionatly about animal welfare that you could just tell he was a special person. may he rest in peace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I've only ever read his posts - and god knows what mad impression my mind created of the man from his words here (and images of Tim Curry 'cos of the username. )

I was shocked when I saw the news posted elsewhere by damien.m (appreciated)

I don't know if people go to a "better" place, maybe an easier more gentle one- some sure have their battles in this world. but a better place than being with some one you love, and are loved by ? I would hope instead all the people we lose just go to prepare a better place for the re-union, being less physically present in our lives, but never gone away. Continuing to care, to hurt with our hurt, and eventually smile when we return to experience the we normalities of this life.

The net is good at least in so much that It was nice to have the opportunity to have some glimpse of this other person.

I hope the grief never overwhelms the memories, and that the memories remain vital and energised in the times ahead
    :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement