Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Pics 2007.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

One from Bray and a few from a trip up the mountains earlier,
    DSC_46520001.JPG
    DSC_46710001.JPG

DSC_46840004.JPG

pano.JPG
    No i have only one lens, a Tamron 17-50mm. The first two pics are taken at 50mm (the most i could zoom into them).
    Oh, they look very close in for 50mm. Super pics anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

nice pics and panorama trogdor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Here's some pics taken from a dodgy phone :) just before a huge thunderous downpour in Blanch at 5:30pm today.
    Notice the shower in the distance in the 2nd pic which caused some flooding on the back roads around here just after pics were taken

Image004.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    Image006.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Nice Photos mate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

Not all the country was washed out of it yesterday, from Connemara round about lunchtime

1021447792_f1340ddf2e_b.jpg

We did catch up on a bloody heavy shower on our way back into Galway at teatime, not nice for the driving.

• Advertisement

Have been experimenting with some timelapse stuff, usually i just let the camcorder run and then speed it up, but over the last few days i've been using my Nikon D50 connected to my laptop to take pictures and run them together, and i've been very impressed with the results
    This one's from tonight, from about 18:20 to 22:20
    http://www.brayweather.com/videos/timelapse2.mov
    I can't get over how much better the quality is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Very pretty. I wonder how well that timelapse stuff works for lightning. Would it be picked up at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Yeah nice work on that time lapse. What is the time interval between each frame. I assume you set the camera to capture in jpg, as raw would fill up the harddrive, especially after 2 hours.
    I must see if i can do this with my camera

Yeah nice work on that time lapse. What is the time interval between each frame. I assume you set the camera to capture in jpg, as raw would fill up the harddrive, especially after 2 hours.
    I must see if i can do this with my camera
    Yeh, set it to jpg, at 15 second intervals,i experimented with other intervals, but this seemed to be the best one. I used a program called camera control pro by Nikon, where i could control the exposure, apertre etc., from the laptop. It took 600 pictures over the 3:40 hours, and they're played back at 12 frames a second, but this program wouldn't work with your camera
    try this, this is a similar equivilant for canon i think
    http://www.granitebaysoftware.com/
    Very pretty. I wonder how well that timelapse stuff works for lightning. Would it be picked up at all?
    Chances during the day are very slim, but as it got darker, i had to take longer exposres, of 10-12 seconds, with those settings you'd proably have a high chance of picking it up, unless it happened between the 3-5 seconds when it was nt taking a picture. So yes, during the night it would probably pick it up, but if it was played back in a timelapse video, the picture would have passed by so fast i doubt you would have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

The view from my back yard.Notice the Dublin hills:rolleyes: .Shot taken by aliens 6000yrs ago when Dublin city did not exist:D

This bloke took this shot and said the strike was 350 yards from his house in the US.It shows not to shelter underneath a tree in a storm:eek: .Strike missed the taller trees completly and hits the ground/brush close to them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the pics.Some excellent shots of your weather.
    Now we have a sub forum for all your snaps so we can all enjoy and keep together from now on.

Will this thread be moved over to the other forum?

No.Thread not handled great for dial up users,very slow loading in times.

Thats the whole point in creation of the new forum.To keep loading times down for all and instead of bundling everything into one thread,we can have seperate threads for pics on different weather related topics or nature.
    However this thread will be kept in [thread=2055050137]here[/thread] for further viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

As Snowbie says above, thanks to everyone for their great pictures over the last year, I've really enjoyed them (in work where I've got broadband!!)

Hopefully in the new pictures forum everyone will get to share and enjoy the great snaps that you guys have been posting here :)

When the first flake of sneachta falls in Ireland, we needs pics this winter, oh and pics of other nature stuff is welcome too!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Great. All I'm interested in is having a quick way to access this thread, as I'm sure I'll want to see it sometime in the future.

Advertisement