Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That Leaked Album !

Options
  • 03-02-2007 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

That leaked album out on March 5th is looking better than their first , ..did not think I would say that !

Better , Vocal , Lyrics & Production , etc .

Nearly 3,000 plays on Last.fm already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Before anyone posts anything else, if anyone posts a link or mentions where to obtain this album they will get a 2 week ban and the post deleted. You have been warned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

John wrote:
    Before anyone posts anything else, if anyone posts a link or mentions where to obtain this album they will get a 2 week ban and the post deleted. You have been warned.
    This album will be available in all good record outlets. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol your last.fm sig doesn't half give away what album it is.

i'm holding out, i've heard three songs including the one that was on their first EP that's on the album and it's fairly good what i've heard so far.

also this better not turn out the way of the last thread aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I know I maybe older than most on this forum ,,,but its a long time since I felt a buzz like this for a new album.

Reminds me of the days of my youth waiting on a new Smiths or Cure album ,,,,feeling like a teenager again ..:o

It is such a pity that the Legal crap ,,with you know who ,is stopping us from talking about the important issues... ie

THE MUSIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

DominoDub wrote:
    It is such a pity that the Legal crap ,,with you know who ,is stopping us from talking about the important issues...
    That only applies to concerts afaik.

You can discuss Arcade Fire all you want - just not where to get their as yet unreleased album (which sounds quite good, I must say!) or their upcoming Dublin gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

heard it.....gimme the rope..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Armstrong

Have to agree with you domino. It's brilliant.

Can't wait to see them in march. Managed to get a ticket for their brixton gig.(Tickets only £18)

I'll be able to tell ye all about it when i get back:D

Heard great reports off people who were at their gig last night. played wake up acoustic in the middle of the crowd at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Goodshape wrote:
    That only applies to concerts afaik.

You can discuss Arcade Fire all you want - just not where to get their as yet unreleased album (which sounds quite good, I must say!) or their upcoming Dublin gig.

Yes, feel free to discuss what music you may have heard just don't say where you got it if you got illegally. If there's a legal source for it (like their myspace page or something) feel free to link to it. And don't mention any MCD events.

So, how good is this new album then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

im disappointed tbh - its very average. there's no tunnels, crown of love, rebelleion etc. the lyrics come close to cliched at time (intervention sounds a bit arcade fire by numbers imho and as for the mtv/war refereces all over the shop) ocean of noise and black wave are very good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Id say its fake myself. There are tracks on it that have appeared elsewhere, all the tracks have different volumes, hz and bitrates and there has been no 'official' mp3 scene release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Listened to it a few times yesterday.

It's very good, though maybe not as good as the first album. This one seems a lot more polished and I sort of liked the almost rough sound to the last one.

I did recognise a few of the songs but only from listening to live performances they've done in the past couple of years. Didn't notice any volume changes between tracks really. I'm not saying it's definitely 'real', but it sounded like a well enough put-together album to me.

Hope it's not real though, and we get 'another' new Arcade Fire album in a couple of months :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Mr Marenghi

The version i heard is perfect and the tracklisting has been revealed ages ago so its not fake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not too impressed being honest. Like a previous poster said, no Tunnels or any song on the album to rival Funeral. Still it's a good listen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

im disappointed tbh - its very average. there's no tunnels, crown of love, rebelleion etc. the lyrics come close to cliched at time (intervention sounds a bit arcade fire by numbers imho and as for the mtv/war refereces all over the shop) ocean of noise and black wave are very good though.

Have to agree with this. It's a bit of a let-down after all the hype thats been attached to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Goodshape wrote:

It's very good, though maybe not as good as the first album. This one seems a lot more polished and I sort of liked the almost rough sound to the last one.

I did recognise a few of the songs but only from listening to live performances they've done in the past couple of years. Didn't notice any volume changes between tracks really. I'm not saying it's definitely 'real', but it sounded like a well enough put-together album to me.

Hope it's not real though, and we get 'another' new Arcade Fire album in a couple of months :)

the reason the volume (and quality) dips is because it was pieced together from all the leaked tracks, which were leaked at different qualities

this is the reason i have decided to wait for the better quality official release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

I Agree, I'll wait and buy a better quality copy, not to spoil anything.
    Hope all goin to the gig enjoy it, if it's half a good as the one
    2 years ago at the "Power-Driven Feast" you'll get your money's worth. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Garret wrote:
    the reason the volume (and quality) dips is because it was pieced together from all the leaked tracks, which were leaked at different qualities

this is the reason i have decided to wait for the better quality official release

Quality of the version i have is perfect. I pre ordered the LP and you get a link to track downloads, all above board.

Still some tracks are growing but others just pass me by coming in at a 6or7 out of ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Goodshape wrote:

believe me this is the real album, there were similar rumours going around when TOOL released 10,000 days. music piracy maybe a problem but few bands have the time to go about releasing a decoy album :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Old album 9/10
    New one 6/10

Average. Nothing outstanding though intervention and keep the car running are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Album is fubbin fantastic, tis a big time grower. Now I gotta not overplay it like I did with funeral. Looking forward to the proper version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I really like Ocean of Noise. I find the first 3 song MEH but from Intervention on its all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I've been listening to it pretty much non-stop for the past fortnight and it's definitely as good as Funeral - which I hadn't thought was possible tbh. There are parts of it that are the equal of the best bits of Funeral; for example, the bit in Bad Vibrations/Black Wave when the music stops and Win's voice kicks in is incredible.

It's strange hearing them sing about stuff like MTV ("What have you done for me?") or Iraq ("I don't want to fight in your holy war") but somehow it suits the tone of the album.

Favourite tracks: Bad Vibrations/Black Wave, (Antichrist Television Blues), Neon Bible, Windowsill. Oh and Keep the Car Running.

I <3 Neon Bible

damn phantom and it's playing of good music i heard keep the car running today.

i'm trying not to hear songs until it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah I was trying that too (espec since I was worried it wouldn't be good) but then I succumbed...

I wasn't that mad about Keep the Car Running until I heard it in context on the rest of the album. Which sounds a bit weird and high-falutin but it just seemed to make a lot more sense surrounded by the other songs. Great choice for first single.

Funeral was a personal subject album for Arcade Fire.

This album is one about the state of the world now ..its a album for our times, Post 911 , bush, radical religion and pop idol !

It is about to find its place in music history .

Listen now or when out and view the lyrics at
    http://www.neonbible.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Heard a bit of it on Phantom last night, sounds really good!! Cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

i'd give this album a 7/10, and the title of best new album this year...i mean, what can top it? mm didn't, kings of leon didn't, radiohead MIGHT, and perhaps smashing pumpkins.
    either way, why is it released on a saturday? i thought it was friday that albums were released in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

Cremo wrote:
    damn phantom and it's playing of good music i heard keep the car running today.

i'm trying not to hear songs until it's out.
    that method is flawed, if you plan on buying the album, because you might end up buying something you hate. that's why my whole music collection was downloaded, and then bought in cd form.

maybe it is flawed, but from what i heard of the album - intervention and keep the car running - i know the album is worth the purchase and i've only heard "keep the car running" once.

• Advertisement

Have yet to read review

Advertisement