Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best power?

Options
  • 01-02-2007 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

emm possible spoiler if you've never seen the show i guess

best and worst? the whole absorbing powers of those around you is pretty cool, but i guess you'd never have full control over them. and i think nikki reeeeeally got the short end of the stick.....

who's would you pick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Think I'd have to go for flying myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Ahh folks... I'd go for stopping time personally, just imagine the practical jokes you could do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

agreed, stopping time and time travel. all in one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Stopping time is cool and all.. but I just don't think I could turn down the ability to fly into town. Or over the countryside, even better. Totally peaceful, just the wind and views beyond belief.

Plus, think of the time you'd save if you could just fly in a straight line, rather than following winedy roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

flying,stopping time,walking through walls, mind reading,being an empath...they all rock! i might have to go for flying overall though!

and lets hope nikki's power isn't just her alter ego. perhaps if she can control jessica she can control and use her super strength as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll go for whatever schtick Sylar has going for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I'd go for claires accelerated healing, or maybe the invisibility thing that Ecclestons character has going on.

Miccas is kinda cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'd love to be able to shoot spagetti out of my finger tips.... Nobody likes to be covered in spagetti!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

sylers power or else Hiros power but i dont like the way he does not have free controll over it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah syler for me too, what's the deal there anyway if he kills you he gets your power? that's what i picked up from the first 11 shows anyway. The only thing is that he's going nuts so that would be no use, not to sure about Hiros powers either though they seem great, it would be cool if he didn't age while time was stopped, but I guess that scientifically he would, but if he didn't that would be the best power, I'd do a Ground Hog Day and learn how to play the Harp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

The time travel thing as ya could sorta do anything. Like the practical jokes, ya could get in a plane like and go flyin and be gone before anyone realised :D Hell why not even transport onto a space shuttle mission :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Niki has pretty much the same thing as Bruce Banner going on. Personally, however, I'd take Hiro's power.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Surprised none of you guys is picking Peter's - ability to take on whosever power he's near to at the time. That way you get to try them all :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Stopping time and teleporting for me, :)
    Failing that healing would be damn handy, also might mean you could live longer as your cells will regenerate themselfs over time
    ambro25 wrote:
    Surprised none of you guys is picking Peter's - ability to take on whosever power he's near to at the time. That way you get to try them all :D

Yeah his powers are good but whats the point if you can't control them all? :)
    Ok I'm sure you could learn to control your "leech" power but controlling each new power would be some pain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hmmm, exploding-man power! :D

But the power of Flight would be very, very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Invisability, imagine the chaos you could cause :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Definitely Hiro's power of bending the space time continuum. Plus he has super powers of nerdiness :)

powers like invisibility and flight are overrated.

1.If you could fly it would most likely not be a secret.
    2. Can the invisible guy in heroes choose to be seen or not?
    i thought he just... "was invisible"
    actually that would be a VERY VERY funny birth.

Doc: Push PUSH PUSH! PUSH!
    *Mother breaths the usual massive sigh of relief*
    Mother: Is it a boy or a girl?
    Doc: Em..
    Baby: *crying*
    Mother: Is it ok!!??
    Doc: Eh.... EH...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Stoner wrote:
    yeah syler for me too, what's the deal there anyway if he kills you he gets your power?

He eats your brains then gets your power. I think his actual power is an ability to see how things work naturally, including peoples' powers, so he knows how to take that power from people, usually involving removing their brain, and add it to his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

I note the lack of people picking the mind reading power!

• Advertisement

nightfox wrote:
    I note the lack of people picking the mind reading power!

Borrrrring! Honestly, mind reading is not the most useful or confidence inspiring of powers.

Borrrrring! Honestly, mind reading is not the most useful or confidence inspiring of powers.

well actually you would know anyones pin numbers plus also be able to walk into a room and know who find you attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ELLIEJ

Id like to be able to fly and to freeze things... Be able to ski / slide into work and freeze my boss when she starts nagging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

does anyone else think hiro's power is a bit much? i mean, once he learns to control it, he could do almost ANYTHING! compared to nikki where her power is a bit useless, it's not even her power!
    and peter, how **** would it be that using your power makes you sick?? hate that..

User45701 wrote:
    well actually you would know anyones pin numbers plus also be able to walk into a room and know who find you attractive.

And know who didn't like you and
    who was screwing around behind your back
    . Not for me, I think.

And know who didn't like you and
    who was screwing around behind your back
    . Not for me, I think.
    The headaches would also be a bit of a bitch. Matt has to deal with them whenever he's around people and
    when peter took them he instantly started to feel the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Micahs power

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

tba wrote:
    Micahs power

we are not exactly sure what that even is yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I like to live on the edge

• Advertisement

Micah's power appears to be Cyberkinesis - controlling technology with the powers of his mind. That and being ridiculously smart.

Advertisement