Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prime Time Tonight - Boy Racers

Options
  • 25-01-2007 1:29pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It may interest many on here that Prime Time tonight (25 Jan) on RTE is going to feature Boy Racers.
    RTE1 9:30pm!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Here we go again...

I liked the bit they done months ago about young drivers, drinking and driving, road safety etc

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Im just after looking in the modded cars forum and Ken O'Shea of RTE said here that it was due to be on the 24th - I reckon he is wrong but I will confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

kbannon wrote:
    Im just after looking in the modded cars forum

Purely for research of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

kbannon wrote:
    Im just after looking in the modded cars forum and Ken O'Shea of RTE said here that it was due to be on the 24th - I reckon he is wrong but I will confirm.
    It's on tonight, I saw an advertisement for it last night on RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I heard they got a delivery of a big bucket of tar and some very wide brushes just for this episode of Prime Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

pfff, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

"C'mon n we go cruisin with some daycent choons in our Johnny go faster cars"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Hopefully Charlie Bird will get to say his piece, what a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

lightening wrote:
    Purely for research of course.

whats that suppose to mean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Another episode to stir anger in the general public, highlighting the sh1ts out there that ruin some peoples lives with their poor atitudes, loud engines, and poor road etiquette, and yet offer nothing to counter it. Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Gerry wrote:
    LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

ando wrote:
    whats that suppose to mean

Oops.. no offence meant! (nice car)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I wonder if its the original show that was aired a few months back which in fairness did try to show that everyone with a modified car wasnt a reckless fool.

BUT i recently heard of some rte heads looking for info on illegal street racing ect ect and as far as i know they had there cameras out last month in monaghan filming something so it could well be about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yay! I'm looking fowards to this but will have to tape it (watching Five Days on BBC1 atm).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Gerry wrote:
    Why, is he a boy racer or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

FX Meister wrote:
    Why, is he a boy racer or something?
    :D:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

And breaking the irish speed record at 200mph with people standing on is not irresponsible. ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Jesus there are some irresponsible PR!CK$ out there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Jesus there are some irresponsible PR!CK$ out there

Yes, but there has to be education - from secondary school level,
    there's no mandatory education at the minute which is ridiculous IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Sparks400 wrote:
    Yes, but there has to be education - from secondary school level,
    there's no mandatory education at the minute which is ridiculous IMO.

Education is one thing but these ar$seholes screwing around on public roads is just them being ar$eholes. Education won't help these muppets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Education won't help these muppets.

I agree, I was speaking generally.

Those fools should have there licence revoked

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Education is one thing but these ar$seholes screwing around on public roads is just them being ar$eholes. Education won't help these muppets.

Educating them to speak English would be a start. I'd serious difficulty trying to decipher what they were on about some times (and I went to college up in Dundalk, so I did, hi :) ).

Wasn't any major eye openers for me other than the people with traffic cones on their heads standing in the middle of tossers doing donuts. What is all that about? Might be terrible to say, but I'm not really that bothered if someone stupid enough to do something like that gets hurt.

How the cops can't nip this sort of thing in the bud is beyond me. How difficult is it to run a covert operation to catch these guys and impound/crush cars rather than turning up in the battered old blue-lighted 1.4 Focus FFS?

PauloMN wrote:

How the cops can't nip this sort of thing in the bud is beyond me. How difficult is it to run a covert operation to catch these guys and impound/crush cars rather than turning up in the battered old blue-lighted 1.4 Focus FFS?

I think you are underestimating the scale of this activity.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ronoc wrote:
    I think you are underestimating the scale of this activity.

How so?

If a camera crew can go up one night and tape shed loads of these scumbags (with the reg plates showing) doing donuts in a car park, why can't the Gardaí do the same?

Block the car park, let people out one by one and impound the culprits motors. Would stop them pretty sharpish.

No, what to they do? Walk about with the torch checking tax. Nice one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Absolute joke it is. They show scumbag joyriders in a programme about decent people that work for their cars. There like comparing joyriders to people that meet up and look at each others cars. Theres no harm in a cruise, although dopes hanging out of windows is a bit retarded.

Whats so difficult for people to understand and see that theres no harm in a few people that are into cars meeting up in a spot and doing some doghnouths or whatever. You cant compare this to people that get killed on the roads of any age bracket. Its a load of propaghanda and its getting seriously boring.

What had a scumbag fooker trying to outrun the guards ina stolen car got to do with the topic that Rte were trying to report on????? Its disgusting that a national tv station can blatantly compare a normal young lad thats just interested in cars and doing no harm to a dirty junkie waster stealing peoples cars.

Just goes to show that Rte still havent got a clue. Pity there not so quick to do a feature on car crime and all the cars being stolen and also report on the lack of facilities like that course in Donegal that young lads can meet up and mess a bit in a private course. But, that would be positive reporting and not sensational enough to report on and get ratings.

PauloMN wrote:
    How so?

If a camera crew can go up one night and tape shed loads of these scumbags (with the reg plates showing) doing donuts in a car park, why can't the Gardaí do the same?
    At a guess I'd say resources.
    PauloMN wrote:
    Block the car park, let people out one by one and impound the culprits motors. Would stop them pretty sharpish.
    They can't. Most times its private property. In most cases they can't even ask them to move on without a complaint from the property owner.

What are they going to impound them for in any case? the only time Ive heard of that happening is if the driver is incapacitated or isn't insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Suspect the program was done for sensationalism. Hugely flawed.

Big difference between skobies in stolen cars at the Inichicore flats and young lads with tarted up whatevers in car parks -- they showed both on the program and didn't distinguish.

I have to admit I tho that I thought the drifting around roundabouts was kinda cool. ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Someone who thinks its fine to drive dangerously in a Tesco car park will drive dangerously on a public road.
    As for some of them disassociating cruises from speeders - give me a break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You have to wonder about how seriously the Gards take this, the Bellview Port road is classic, its a known hot-spot and its the worlds easier road to close but they don't bother.

KK county council should just put down those wide ramps every 4-500 metres
    that would go a long way to fixing the problem.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Resources. The same old excuse again and again. They had enough resources to send the boys out with torches though. :rolleyes:

I'll admit legislation is a problem though. If someone with 65 driving convictions is out and about, there's certainly a problem. That prick should be looking at 15 years given that he didn't learn from the first 10 convictions.

Advertisement