Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are results out?*Official Thread*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 meanturtle

rmacm wrote:
    Unfortunately Linux and Apache won't do any good in this case, the Student Information software is based on ASP.net so it needs Windows and IIS (not strictly true with Mono etc.) but it makes sense in this case. Also Apache by default handles about 100 concurrent connections although this can be changed. What would make the most sense to me would be to buy a second server and implement load balancing across both.

it appears that there is a server there running red hat and apache as i got a message saying server down.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) Server at www.si.ul.ie Port 80

which makes no sense as it does use asp. weird

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ublinia2

I am getting "Error during execution of HTTP request" - Does this mean that the server is down for good for the weekend or that it is just too busy at this time ?

Will the student records be out of operation all weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

ublinia2 wrote:
    I am getting "Error during execution of HTTP request" - Does this mean that the server is down for good for the weekend or that it is just too busy at this time ?

Will the student records be out of operation all weekend?

It's not down just still too busy.....I got mine ah if anyone wants to know how to get them PM me. There's a way to do it from outside :) that works and is quicker than waiting.

Cheers
    Rory

Pm sent Rory

How long did it take you to get them ? When did you log on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

ublinia2 wrote:
    Pm sent

Ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Went to college and there was a link on the homepage to an internal computer.....

2 B1s and 3 C1s....could have been better, but I'll live:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

3 B1's, 1 B3

Mint :)

As for the server, I suppose it just goes to show how incompetent ITD are. ASP on Linux/Apache....I dunno, maybe theyre running it in a virtual machine :D

For anyone that I helped I'll be in the Stables on Sunday just look for the person who looks like a bastard :D........joking btw just incase anyone is wondering.

Good luck to everyone.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

rmacm wrote:
    For anyone that I helped I'll be ...
    Rory

... the one with a disgruntled look on his face wondering why no ungrateful bugger has bought him a drink yet!:D

smcgiff wrote:
    ... the one with a disgruntled look on his face wondering why no ungrateful bugger has bought him a drink yet!:D

Lol something like that yeah granted me having a disgruntled look on my face is nothing new :)

Cheers
    Rory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

rmacm wrote:
    For anyone that I helped I'll be in the Stables on Sunday just look for the person who looks like a bastard

Don't we know. :rolleyes: :p

Old habits die hard etc etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Whats the highest your QCA can be?

EDIT: Nevermind, found out it's 4.0. Woohoo!

Just got them there now - Happy Days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

2 B1's, 2 B2's, a B3 and a C2 in FIA.... I'll never have to do accounting again. Thanks for the memories Heneghan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

John Heneghan: Financial Showman Extraordinaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

John Heneghan: Financial Showman Extraordinaire.

He really is, and even though he'll kick your ass out of a lecture for being 2 minutes late, he really knows his stuff and is the nicest guy you could meet outside of said lecture! :D

Advertisement