Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents complaining about results?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

my mam didn't see a report from me since i was in third year (i'm in college now!), any time she asked about it i used to say our shcool didn't do them after third year! she believed me as well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

why did you study in ty?
    moron..........

Now now, none of that, kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

As a teacher I always think TY is a great opportunity for those who want to do really well to get a head start on the LC programme, perhaps in study groups or by asking teachers to give them work.

English, history, geography, sciences, - all of these are easy to read ahead in and you don't need a teacher to learn the basics.

Give yourself a head start, the LC unfortunatley can be one of the most stressful times in your life. Make it easy.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Phoebus

We had tests this year in February for TY. And I did horribly on my maths becsause I thought "this is ty it doesn't matter" and didn't study and in my interview for 5th year (I know our school is gay) yesterday the principal was having a go at me for doing badly. I was thinking "well it's ty it's meant to include no study, remember, it said it on that leaflet you gave us last year?!" Eeejits. :P Obviously I'm going to work in 5th and 6th year. But TY was about fun and no study!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

lol, why do people care so much about school, if you get ini trouble so what, in the end, its your life, NOBODY can tell you how to live it, not your strict parents are your teachers or anyone, nobody is the boss of you, u never asked to be brought into this world, so its not right that you should be given a tough time if you ddin't ask for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

lol, why do people care so much about school, if you get ini trouble so what, in the end, its your life, NOBODY can tell you how to live it, not your strict parents are your teachers or anyone, nobody is the boss of you, u never asked to be brought into this world, so its not right that you should be given a tough time if you ddin't ask for it
    True nobody can tell you how to live life (even though they'll try), but you only get one chance at it, and you might aswell make the best of it. Only reason techers give you a tough time, because if they don't you won't be motivated to work - I know I wouldn't!

Advertisement