Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Teens injured on M50 last night..

Options
  • 18-01-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

Group of teens nearly killed each other (one is critical) on the M50 at 2am last night.

Dundrum to Firhouse was closed off as the place was in such a state.

Sure mammy and daddy probably bought them the car to play with anyway (don't mean to make a joke of it but in fairness, how do you crash on a motorway at 2am without acting the pr*ck)!! At least from one vehicle being involved it APPEARS there was no 1.4L "racing" involved.

From RTÉ...

"Gardaí investigating a single vehicle collision on the M50 this morning have arrested a 22-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman.

Two others are still being treated in Tallaght Hospital. One of the injured is said to be in a serious condition.

A section of the M50 which had been closed due to the crash was fully reopened shortly before 7am.

The section affected was northbound between Junction 13, the Sandyford/Dundrum exit, to Junction 12, the Firhouse exit.

A garda spokesman said a car went out of control and crashed on that stretch of road at around 2am this morning.

Four young people, two male and two female, were injured in the incident and were taken to Tallaght Hospital."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

what exactly makes you think they were the D4 mammy daddy type? Could they not have easily been scobies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Eh where did I mention D4? "Scobie" types have money too you know!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nighttime motorway racing is very common along the M50 and M4 (and probably other routes)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Were they racing their own shadows in this case???

Just because it was a single vehicle collision does not mean that there weren't other vehicles around at the time - it means that just one crashed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Since when is a 22 year old a teen?

its not but a 19 year old would be!
    edit: it reported that 2 were arrested (22 & 19) and that another 2 were in hospital but didn't state their ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

MarkN wrote:
    "Scobie" types have money too you know!

That's so true, there dads could be the tradesmen on sites, earning more money than any of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Just under 1/4 of the posts in this thread have NOTHING to do with the topic. Could you keep it on topic please or start your own thread.

I and I'm sure many more on here feel that road accidents are pretty topical in this country at the moment.

Not to mention having to carry these muppets in our insurance premiums!!

I agree with Kbannon - if they were racing 'mates' the other lads would probably have legged it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

testicle wrote:
    Since when is a 22 year old a teen?

Mental age? :)

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

MarkN wrote:
    "Gardaí investigating a single vehicle collision on the M50 this morning have arrested a 22-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman.
    lol
    They arrested 2 people after a single vehicle collision!

Were they both driving at the time?

It didn't say why they were arrested. The car may have been stolen. The two may have been sacrificing a virgin girl on the back seat for all you know!

MarkN wrote:
    Group of teens nearly killed each other (one is critical) on the M50 at 2am last night.

Dundrum to Firhouse was closed off as the place was in such a state.

Sure mammy and daddy probably bought them the car to play with anyway (don't mean to make a joke of it but in fairness, how do you crash on a motorway at 2am without acting the pr*ck)!! At least from one vehicle being involved it APPEARS there was no 1.4L "racing" involved.

What are you basing your rant on, there is nothing about that in the article.

1.4L racing??

Do you know something else about this?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Idle presumptions and assumptions is all I can see tbh. The presumption that they were acting the maggot, that they are scobies and site foremen are scobies dads. For all you know they could have been driving up from Rosslare and the driver was suffering from fatigue and may have fell asleep at the wheel. Now i'm not naive here, but at least wait for some facts before pointing the finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

People, none of us know any of the facts about this case, so arguing over what happened, and why it happened is futile.

Maybe they were driving around in a perfectly respectable manner and had a tyre blow out on them. Maybe the two who were arrested had drugs on them, or were wanted on a previous charge, i.e. nothing to do with last nights crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lads tbh now, who cares what background they are from.

admittedly they could of been doing something stupid, shouldn't our thoughts be with the parents of the two injured? i mean like everytime there's a crash on our roads we don't care about the people who are affected, just what kind of stereotype can we fit them into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

It is clear to me that they were proliferating weapons of mass destruction in the back of that car. Our intelligence agencies will show that this vehicle was transporting nookuler materials in order to attack our great nation.

I call upon all boards.ie posters to support us in this war against these terrorists.

tis about as credible as any other post here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

so does anyone have any idea what happened???

yawn.jpg

thread gone off topic a wee bit.
    time to close methinks!

Thread re-opened
    Just read about it in the Herald (so it's all true).
    Apparently the car (lancer) was stolen in South Dublin last night and its four occupants lost control along the M50. No other cars were involved and there was no reference to racing other cars.
    All four (IIRC) were treated in hospital with two still in there. The two that were released (the 22 & 19 year olds) were arrested and taken to Blackrock garda station.

Assuming they did indeed steal the car then I have absolutely no sympathy for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

delly wrote:
    Idle presumptions and assumptions is all I can see tbh.

Yep... assumptions and presumptions. Idle chit and chat. Its a web forum, your going to get that.
    delly wrote:
    The presumption that they were acting the maggot, that they are scobies and site foremen are scobies dads. For all you know they could have been driving up from Rosslare and the driver was suffering from fatigue and may have fell asleep at the wheel. Now i'm not naive here, but at least wait for some facts before pointing the finger.

Good point, but really, no one was pointing any fingers, they were just chatting on a web forum about what happened. It turns out the people in the car were acting the maggot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Nasty little sh1ts, they could have quite easily killed or mained any one of us or our family. Lucky little bast**ds nearly got what the deserved. And before anyone get on a high horse about how their parents would feel if the little darling theiving kids died in the crash, I don't care.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Nasty little sh1ts, they could have quite easily killed or mained any one of us or our family. Lucky little bast**ds nearly got what the deserved. And before anyone get on a high horse about how their parents would feel if the little darling theiving kids died in the crash, I don't care.

As the old saying goes..... Live by the sword, die by the sword!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

kbannon wrote:
    Assuming they did indeed steal the car then I have absolutely no sympathy for them!

Same applies to boy racer aholes, you don't have to steal a car to be a joyrider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

DonJose wrote:
    Same applies to boy racer aholes, you don't have to steal a car to be a joyrider.

define boy racer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

A young lad driving the bejaysus out of a car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

A young lad driving the bejaysus out of a car?

Any older men or women don't do this?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

DonJose wrote:

So basically ur saying that someone driving hard along the motorway in a 1l micra is "a boy racer" whilst someone in a bmw 740 going 180kmh + is fine? Theres a difference between "driving the bejaysus" out of a car, and driving dangerously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭maidhc

antodeco wrote:
    So basically ur saying that someone driving hard along the motorway in a 1l micra is "a boy racer" whilst someone in a bmw 740 going 180kmh + is fine? Theres a difference between "driving the bejaysus" out of a car, and driving dangerously.

Lets not have this debate.

A "boy racer" is like an elephant... difficult to describe but instantly recognisable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

maidhc wrote:
    Lets not have this debate.

A "boy racer" is like an elephant... difficult to describe but instantly recognisable.
    An elephant isn't hard to describe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement