Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to clear my conscience

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Car Mad wrote:
    which fire:confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sud-IdjIV-o

This fire. Gawd, did you just decide to ignore the eighties or summat?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Obviously I did considering I wasnt born ;)
    Good for you about time you ownd up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Well I was only born in 1986, but I have a strange, unnatural affinity for 80s pop...Perhaps I need to come clean about that as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Perhaps me im a reincarnation of someone from the 50's So i missed the 80's:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

"dolphinesque" eh :D Ah funny story, got a chuckle out of that...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭kirving

My cousin had the same goldfish for 14 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

i had one for 11...still dont know why he died, he had healthy skin, tail wasnt affected by that rot thing, was fed every day, had company, tank cleaned regulary(was a big tank) and loads of other things! basically he had everything gud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

My cousin killed my goldfish when i was a child - she overfed it. I found out ten years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

jarvis wrote:
    Hi,

I feel the need to get this story off my mind so please excuse me if I rant on a little.
    I’ve been carrying this monkey on my back since I was 11 years old (19 years ) and feel that it may help me to get closure if I discuss it.
    Ya see… the thing is, When I was 9, I had a gold fish which I really really loved. It was my first pet and I used to eat my dinner beside it every evening on a side board which we had in our living room. I’d endlessly look at it swimming around it’s bowl and I felt we had a real bond.

My older sister was always the one that cleaned out his bowl even though he was my fish and I would always argue that I was old enough and responsible enough to be able to do it myself.
    2 years passed, I’m now 11 and our bond had gotten even stronger but my sister was still the one who’d clean out his bowl and my arguments seemed to fall on deaf ears.
    Until one day whilst in the middle of cleaningthe bowl my sister got called away and I took the opportunity to prove myself and also increase the bond between me and my gold fish.
    So.
    I cleaned his bowl and washed his stones in the bath tub. I then put his stones back into the bowl with his little ship wreck toy thingy and filled the bowl with water. I then lifted him up out of the sink and placed him in his newly cleaned, cleaner than clean bowl.
    As I walked grinningly into the living room, I felt a great sense of achievement as I put him back onto his place on the sideboard. I stood looking at him for a couple of minutes before calling my sister into the room to show her what I had done and how my gold fish was obviously delighted too as he was leaping (dolphinesque) up out of the water before splashing back in.
    My sister was amazed at the new trick I had thought him and went in for a closer look before screaming and running with the bowl towards the bathroom all the time shouting a torrent of abuse at me and reminding me of how stupid I was.
    Apparently……….golf fish don’t like hot water!

Over the next few days I watched as my gold fish, slowly dying, swam slantily, his skin turning a whiteish colour as his scales seemed to fall off his body into the depths of his bowl. Obviously I was very upset.

Day 4 and he’s on his last fins. My sister convinces me that it’s time to flush him, as he would then make it to the sea and have a much better chance of survival in his natural habitat.

I felt terrible for doing this to him and often wondered was my sister lying to me about him being ok. I feel that by talking about it today, it may help me to feel a little better about the situation and am already feeling a little better.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience?
    Who new that gold fish don’t like hot water?
    Was it too much too soon, or is an 11 year old normally ready for cleaning bowl responsabilities?
    Is 2 years a good innings inanyway for a gold fish?
    Could my fish still be alive?
    Is a gold fish’s natural habitat the sea?
    Isn’t it weird that he turned white?

Anywho, Gotta go now as I have to wash the dog.

Regards

Jarvis.:D

ha ha i did the same thing

except i let d water cool b4 i put him in- and he died of no oxygen cos when u heat water the oxygen goes- i was 8

Poor goldie

R.I.P:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

NotMe wrote:
    When I was very young I was on holidays down the country and I was playing down by the river next to where we were staying. There were gaps in the wall under the bridge which often had bird nests in them. That year one of the nests had eggs in it. A couple of days later I went down to check on it and the eggs had hatched and there were four bady birds in the nest.

I went to tell my Dad and told him to come and see and I ran back down to the nest. Well I had the not so good idea to pick up the nest and bring it to him. The nest fell apart as I pulled it from the wall and three of the baby birds fell down onto the ledge I was standing on. Two of them rolled into the river and got swept away but I managed to pick up the other one and put it back in.

Man I felt so guilty - I had nightmares about it for weeks. I even went to confession and told the priest. I can't imagine what he was thinking when I said "Bless me father for I have sinned... I killed two baby birds." :rolleyes:

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

i found my goldfish spooky nearly dead one morning so I got a pencil and swirled the water round to make him look like he was swimming thinking maybe he would come back to life then...he didn't, he jsut span around the tack for a while...

Advertisement