Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Designer stairs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

smashey wrote: »
    The gap between the spindles looks greater than 100mm to me. :D

What tosh and nonsense......:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well I read a fair bit of news, and I have yet to see the headlines, of a Monday, screaming
    ' Hordes of German Children Perish in Stairs Accidents: UN called on to act'
    or,
    '1000's of French Parents Face Jail Over Stairs Fiasco'
    or
    'Uncovered: Atrocity of Polish Stairs Design'

nope, not yet.

Maybe all their children are born..............age 5? Is that what make us a 'Nanny State' ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

galwaytt wrote: »

well I read a fair bit of news, and I have yet to see the headlines, of a Monday, screaming
    or,
    or

nope, not yet.

Maybe all their children are born..............age 5? Is that what make us a 'Nanny State' ?
    Who said anyting about babies?

I'm thinking of those 100mm dia. spherical objects they keep harping on about. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

or,
    or

nope, not yet.

I cant see why you are making fun of being in breach of Part K of the Building regulations. Those regulations were made for a reason and in this instance it is for safety. Lets hope you dont live to regret that breach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lynch32

Vinneyboy wrote: »
    i know where you on about its just up the road from me in castlefin, i will give them a shout, thanks smashey never thought on them.

Hi Vinneyboy,
    not sure if you are still looking for stairs, if you are you should check out Ohagan woodcraft (http://ohaganwoodcraft.com/), based outside buncrana. We are going with them when the time comes. I've seen their work (friends houses) and the work is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

or,
    or

nope, not yet.

galwaytt, can you post that pic again as it's not coming up when I view the thread. We're looking at going with these guys aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 justineryan

Hi there - found the info here useful. Anyone got stairs done by <SNIP> Got a quote from them for Oak, glass and steel for 6500 sterling plus vat and checking the prices around. Looks like will need to spend about 8k euro? Straight up and mezzanine over the hall. ABout 13 steps up. Want still banisters only - oak/walnut rail and treads. Glass.

Ech! been living in the house for 2 years and time to get the stairs done!!!!! Live in the West so the Claremorris guys sound like a good idea.
    j

Mod edit: Do not name firms. Read the charter please. As you are new here we will leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lounger

Qwerty? wrote: »
    We got a guy from Castlebar, he's a stainless steel worker. Did an excellent job on our stainless steel and oak stairs. He also works with you on your design. PM me if you want his number and i'll find it.
    hi would be interested in a name and number for the guy in castlebar as im leaving near there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

lounger wrote: »
    hi would be interested in a name and number for the guy in castlebar as im leaving near there.

I'd say it's the same guy as I had - I've PM'd his details to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

I'd say it's the same guy as I had - I've PM'd his details to you.

three - any chance of his details also please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭iamlegend2008

Hi Three

Any chance of PM'ing me his details.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 maroonandred

Hi Guys!!

new to this site!! Just seen Galwaytt post on Brookwood!! Agree with him no end!! Well worth a few bob extra for a great focal point, Brendan and the lads in for a few days and out-havent had to see them since!!Doors and stairs make the house wouldn't change a thing!I didnt really know what i wanted but he came, he listened to me, put up with me (prop the hardest job) and then decided what he was going to do!! Think he delivers all over i'm in South Galway and he came that far.

Advertisement