Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How old is your car?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

me 06 commercial ,wife 07 car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jack1.9

06 Golf Van (Company van) used daily
    89 205Gti :) much more fun to drive :D , evenings & every weekend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

77 VW Panel Van

• Registered Users Posts: 15,339 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

05 Fabia Tdi and will be the same car for another 2-3 years probably!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

My old tank (bmw e36 316) will be 13 years old this year, and will be replaced before I get to see it reach that age - bits are starting to fall off, and it kills me to see it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

1995, up from a '93 after an unfortunate incident with a timing chain and an exploded engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've 2000 VW Bora - Mrs. crosstownk drives it now that I've company 2006 Zafira. Only 45,000 miles on the Bora - but it's in the workshop getting cured of that awfully annoying piston slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

An 06 and a 72'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭skibum

87 diesel golf :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭AsphaltRisin'

'94 Ford Granada (155,000 miles and still surprisingly solid, needs valve oil seals though and a head gasket, but i wouldnt trade it for a newer car it suits me just fine and actually that's the first time in 25,000 miles i've had to do anything with it apart from services) and a '93 granada also which is waiting for a new gearbox...

They may be old and scruffy but i love them and i have no desire to get anything newer or more flashy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭Blue850

94 Vectra TD 236,000 miles, aiming for 500,000
    92 Lancia Dedra
    83 Fiat 127 1300GT
    71 Fiat 850
    67 engine/ 68 body/ 69 taxbook Triumph 2000 :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

06 Focus - only a baby @ 6 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Blue850 wrote:
    83 Fiat 127 1300GT

That's probably one of the most fun cars I have ever seen mentioned on this site. Great to see you keeping her going !
    (Sorry for being all nostalgic and ot, as I learned to drive in one of these)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

93 Corolla 210,000 miles had it for 12 years. great car servicing and timing belt change was all I ever did. However, NCT is due in a few months and I know at least one of the callipers will have to be replaced so I'm not sure that it going to be worth getting it through the NCT. Wife has a 03 avensis,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DanThe

It might be too early to draw conclusions from the results, but so far it looks like most cars are scrapped when they are around 11 to 12 years old. Anyone else see any trends from the results? Great poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

a classic/relic 1991 Mercedes SL500 and 2006 Volvo S40. must admit i would rather take the merc out, and do, every day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

'98 520. Have been toying with the idea of changing it, but not because of the year; I drove a 525 steptronic and want one now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

2005 & 2004

• Registered Users Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭omega man

6 month old Octavia vRS and already im thinking what next! Hmmm, divorce or new car????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Fey! wrote:
    '98 520. Have been toying with the idea of changing it, but not because of the year; I drove a 525 steptronic and want one now!!!

Wanted my dad to buy one of these, but he moaned about tax, insurance, diesel...the usual crap and also the fact it was 4 years older than what he had....He bought a 06 Yaris

O mines a 00 Corsa, but I'll update you if/when the Credit Union allows a change

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote:
    That's probably one of the most fun cars I have ever seen mentioned on this site. Great to see you keeping her going !
    (Sorry for being all nostalgic and ot, as I learned to drive in one of these)

To be honest she hasn't turned a wheel under own power in 9 years, bought it with an incorrect 4 speed gearbox fitted with no reverse, 1300s had a 5 speed unique to the 127 GT, and they're rare,only 3 sold new in Galway in 82-83 . I have all 3 now but 2 are rotten. My brother had another on the road up to 2000, he's just bought a clean 900cc one to transfer his 1300GT bits into.

Blue850 wrote:
    To be honest she hasn't turned a wheel under own power in 9 years, bought it with an incorrect 4 speed gearbox fitted with no reverse, 1300s had a 5 speed unique to the 127 GT, and they're rare,only 3 sold new in Galway in 82-83 . I have all 3 now but 2 are rotten. My brother had another on the road up to 2000, he's just bought a clean 900cc one to transfer his 1300GT bits into.

Did you get them off Excelsior by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭tc20

a 72, and a 95. I'll be changing the 95 soon and will start a thread on this in a day or so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

94 Honda Integra (13 years old and looks every bit of it lol)

201400km on the clock, And if it passes the NCT on the second attempt(it has not had the first yet) I will be keeping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Fey! wrote:
    I'll sell you mine when I get my M5!!!!! (Well I can dream!) Good car though the e39.
    Still prefer older cars to new ones. No matter how much money I had to spend I would rather get something older. It's not just about the value for money either.
    Used to be mad into Minis & Beetles, had a few, great fun. Toying with the idea of getting another one to pass away the cold rainy nights....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Mine is a 02 Pug 206, upgraded from a 92 Uno.....

Bought the Pug new so only 9 months of Payments left and she is all Mine.......:p

Fey! wrote:
    Did you get them off Excelsior by any chance?

No but my first job was there, if you think todays Fiats are bad, you should see a Regatta rust or the old twin cams burn oil...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭DrChoda

1990 manufactured in June of '89. Still runs strong and looks great for 17 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

2003 Astra 1.4XE (purchased in 2005 to replace my '97 3 dr Civic ....which I bought new).
    Must say that the Astra handles/drives ever bit as well (if not better!) than the Civic! :cool:

• Advertisement

Blue850 wrote:
    No but my first job was there, if you think todays Fiats are bad, you should see a Regatta rust or the old twin cams burn oil...

I worked there too (their WORST slaesman ever!!!), and they had a pile of tipos, regattas, ritmos, cromas and their ilk abandoned down in "SPIKE"! I remember Shane taking me out in his Uno Turbo once - scary!!!

Again, sorry for the OT - reminiscing (about the bad old days!). Nice people to work for, though.

Advertisement