Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nominations for Mod(s)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

If kingp35 wrote the charter, would he do it blind folded, in order to avoid reading it... Answers on an envelope.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sorry lads but I have decided I dont want to be a mod of this board. Have a read of the thread in Feedback to see why. I dont need to deal with some of stuff that has been posted about me and I dont want to associated with the people that posted it.

I sure Dev and Amz will come to a good decision regarding moderation of the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Shame about that Kingp.
    The problem is that any other ppl interested in doing the job will be put off by the posts here!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Gillie wrote:
    Shame about that Kingp.
    The problem is that any other ppl interested in doing the job will be put off by the posts here!

I wouldnt blame them.

Well since I'm the only other person to put themselves forward, I guess I'll be the mod a soon as Dev gets around to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,642 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Rosco1982 wrote:
    Jesus ... where do I start.

First of all Talliesin, relax. You make modding a forum sound brokering a peace deal in Northern Ireland.:rolleyes: It's only the internet honey.

Your reason as to why he won't make a good mod is basically "he didn't report the post". I'd say a good mod for this particular forum is someone who's going to bother looking at it. He will.

Kingp35 posts as much as any one else on here, has the respect of the rest of the regular posters here and doesn't seem like the type that would get carried away with the slightest hint of "power".

That said I nominate Rooster. :D
    Thank you.

But having read Talliesin's (that's a hard bstard to spell) excellent definitions of Expert and Helpful posters, I am, without doubt, an expert poster :D Not helpful at all. I didnt really give a crap about the bad thread and was píssed that some hoor closed it just when we'd moved to to talking about women ;)

Kingp35 on the other hand tried his best to do something about it and sort it out. Also I'd say if you went through this forum from the start and looked at questions asked by people about darts, darts leagues etc, Kingp35 has answered or tried to answer far more than anyone else. Thankfully the regulars on this forum seem to be a really good bunch, but there is little doubt that Kingp35 is the most helpful poster in the community.

amz seems to have taken great offence at the way Kingp35 went about asking for an active darts mod to supplement amz work as cat mod, even though clearly no offence was intended. It would be great if amz would be big enough to grant "the wish of the people" and ask Kingp35 to be darts mod (i'd guess he'd accept if asked), then this forum would be run very well and would run very smoothly. And everyone would be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Boston for mod.

Best not to have someone mod a forum where they are mates with all the regulars and one of the clique. You'd end up with people getting preferential treatment and a mod who wouldnt feel they could dish out justice to a regular in case it got weird.

People are also gonna be weary to put themselves forward now because they would be going against the darts cliques support for Kingp35.

6th wrote:
    Boston for mod.

Nothing personal Boston but you dont have my support. The darts posters wanted a mod that posts and contributes to darts and who is a regular viewer of the board. No idea if Boston is a regular viewer but he certainly isnt a regular poster.

Would be no different to Amz, especially since Amz has clarified that she does actually view the Darts forum on a regular basis (which I wasnt sure of because she has never posted before). I dont see any logic at all in making Boston the mod of the darts board.

Seems as if we have reached the core of the arguemnt here. I believe that the mod should be someone who knows about darts, has shown an interest in this forum before nominations for mod was opened, and has posted in this forum before. Boston doesnt fit the bill because he has only showed an interest in the darts forum once nominations for mod was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Thank you.

But having read Talliesin's (that's a hard bstard to spell) excellent definitions of Expert and Helpful posters, I am, without doubt, an expert poster :D Not helpful at all. I didnt really give a crap about the bad thread and was píssed that some hoor closed it just when we'd moved to to talking about women ;)

Kingp35 on the other hand tried his best to do something about it and sort it out. Also I'd say if you went through this forum from the start and looked at questions asked by people about darts, darts leagues etc, Kingp35 has answered or tried to answer far more than anyone else. Thankfully the regulars on this forum seem to be a really good bunch, but there is little doubt that Kingp35 is the most helpful poster in the community.

amz seems to have taken great offence at the way Kingp35 went about asking for an active darts mod to supplement amz work as cat mod, even though clearly no offence was intended. It would be great if amz would be big enough to grant "the wish of the people" and ask Kingp35 to be darts mod (i'd guess he'd accept if asked), then this forum would be run very well and would run very smoothly. And everyone would be happy.

I can't believe you'd take any notice of Talliesin ...... *shakes head*.

The thing about mods on internet forums is they hate being shown where they're going wrong. A finger pointed in their direction means a host of accusations thrown back at the finger pointer, as we've seen above and in the feedback forum.

He/She and every other relevant mod obviously didn't bother to look at the forum, a cursory glance at the forum (and a look at the title of that thread, along with the number of posts in it) would have made any decent Mod look at the thread to see what's going on. It would have taken less than a minute, but obviously they were just too busy.

They failed in their duties, and that's why he/she's taken such a completely OTT stance against Kingp35 being made a Mod. The last thing they want is the person pointing out deficiencies to be the one made a Mod.

I fail to see what the difference is between posting in the feedback forum and reporting a post, a Mod should see it either way and they both have the same effect. Surely substance should triumph over form ?

So he/she can hide behind all the technicalities he/she wants, but the fault does not lie with members, it lies with Mods. If they can't be bothered to look at the forum at all it's clear something needs to change.

For the sake of a bit of peace, give the members what they want : Kingp35 as a mod and Talliesin can toddle off back to the Sex and Sexuality forums.

Regards,

Rosco.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    he has only showed an interest in the darts forum once nominations for mod was announced.

Yea, but like, I'm already in the clique so it's all grand.

Seriously though, it's up to the regular users of the forum and the admins. Don't think for a second any of us have a say.

Boston wrote:
    Seriously though, it's up to the regular users of the forum and the admins. Don't think for a second any of us have a say.

Dont I know! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It is with deep regret that I will be withdrawing my nomination of Mod of the darts forum. Now I know a lot of you will be very very very disapointed but due to an old darts injury I would be unable to full fill this position at the momment so my nomination will be

kingp35:)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I will repost this again. Hopefully this time people will contemplate the difference between a nomination list and a vote.

Its one man, one vote.

I'm the man. :)

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement