Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mark 3:29

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Scofflaw wrote:
    Hmm.

....What?
    You don't seem to consider the possibility that after research, someone finds that atheism is the 'path'?
    yes thats what I said. you find the path the suits you doing so you become responsible for that and your actions.
    Indeed. Presumably, then, His discretion can extend to forgiving atheists should He choose to do so...

As far as my knowledge goes I dont think he will as I pointed out that GOD stated he will forgive all sins except to be deined existence.

Again...if you dont believe in a heaven, hell or GOD why so bothered to see if GOD would forgive you? I dont understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Suff wrote:
    ....What?

It's an argument one hears from virtually every theist.
    Suff wrote:
    yes thats what I said. you find the path the suits you doing so you become responsible for that and your actions.

Fair enough - you just didn't mention it.
    Suff wrote:
    As far as my knowledge goes I dont think he will as I pointed out that GOD stated he will forgive all sins except to be deined existence.

Interesting that denial of God's existence is a sin more serious than any other, when it is also usually accepted that faith is hard.
    Suff wrote:
    Again...if you dont believe in a heaven, hell or GOD why so bothered to see if GOD would forgive you? I dont understand!

Well, to be honest, I'm not - I suffer from an absurdist sense of humour. If there should actually be a God of the Abrahamic variety, and He be as represented by the religious, He has a lot more to answer for than I ever will, though I lived a thousand years and murdered every day.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Suff wrote:
    knowing it meant to be Sarcastic,....I'll say thank you.
    No, no, I was pointing at my "lol..". Nothing about you.
    you have missed my point completely!
    I believe in it as I have researched it and happy with what it has to offer me. just like you (I might presum) are happy to not have any faith in any diety. its your choice so you have to take responsibility for this action like I to mine.
    thats my point !
    No, I don't think I miss it.
    What I am asking is, that since you have done research into your religion, what were the things that convinced and made you so sure that it was true, as opposed to any other religion in particular?
    Then I note that every religion has people that researched in thusly and came to the same conclusion about their religion.
    In short, what made you believe in your religion after study etc.

Advertisement