Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

god i wish i lived in chicago in the year 2000...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

^ i disagree completely. what made most fans fall in love with the pumpkins is their grunge sound and crunching guitars and heavy drums, present on siamese dream, slightly less on mcis and gish. adore was a market failure cause it was too techno. machinas were also nearly as unpopular because the electric sound was still there.

now, zwan, that was great. they didn't use guitar effects for the grunge factor, but at least they didn't over-electrify it. same goes for "life begins again".

and that is my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

You disagree with a personal opinion I have?

Are you saying I'm in denial? :rolleyes: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I preferred Corgan's solo album to Zwan. Zwan was too... empty. I enjoy it and all but there's no weight to it. The solo album is good, better than Machina/Machina II but still not Corgan at his finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Did D'arcy not make any appearance at that final show?

Hard to know who'll be in the band now. Corgan and Chamberlin are confirmed. I'd imagine they might get Iha back aswell, he was playing with 'a perfect circle' for a while but they're finished now as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Charm Offensive

It's very unlikely that Iha and D'Arcy will be anywhere near this reunion, but we live in hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I seen them in 1996 in the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

If you want to see a bad cover of a SP song,then check this out.****ing painful http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXNqQjdML-U

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

AbusesToilets, absolutely no need to remind me of that. TRuly disgusting. What makes that song, the vocals/lyrics. What ruined that cover...the vocals. Ya cant do one without the other here

My apologies for causing you such discomfort :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Just because you are able to cover a song doesn't mean you should :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahhh jaysus, meine ears.

"i'm the only chick out there today of all the bands"

whatever

If you want to see a bad cover of a SP song,then check this out.****ing painful http://youtube.com/watch?v=gXNqQjdML-U
    b44241678.jpeg

"yeah...i really didn't need to hear that."

so what are your opinions on the germany gig?

I'd really love see them,I'm still pissed that Zwan pulled out of <snip> all those years ago. I only hope that Billy is able to somewhat curb his love of using synthesizers on the new album

(please don't mention MCD events - John)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I only hope that Billy is able to somewhat curb his love of using synthesizers on the new album

As long as it sounds like the Pumkins I don't mind what he does....it would be nice to see some progression in their sound after all the years! But it would be nice to hear a good loud album.....! *day dreams*

Sorry about the MCD comment,i forgot :P
    I think he's definately capable of coming up with interesting new sounds.His solo album had some good tunes but i think he went a bit overboard with the snyth,but that said it's only my personal taste :)

i hope they include a fucking guitar solo...which hasn't been done since siamese dream, and on one occasion, zwan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Well Billy says the new albums called "zeitgeist" and its out on 07.07.07.
    Can't wait.

Advertisement