Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there ever be a Bobby Sands Street in the country?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

McArmalite wrote: »
    Still you cannot find Nairac ? :)

Personally I haven't been looking.
    But why am I not surprised that an apologist for the scumbag provos would gloat over something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭RSF Cill Dara

What about Le Mon restaurent
    what about Bloody friday
    What About Warrington
    What about Jean McConville
    What about Harrods
    What About Eniskillen
    What about the Sussex Arms Pub
    What About Victoria Station
    What about Proxy Bombing

The majority or them bombs had accurate warnings .

horseflesh wrote: »
    Personally I haven't been looking.
    But why am I not surprised that an apologist for the scumbag provos would gloat over something like that.
    Maybe because he was a murdering scumbag! that had a big role in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings

Yes, Bobby Sands and every republican soldier in prison should have been treated better as they were POW . Republican were treated worse than scumbags and drug dealers in prison.

And rightly so, the terrorist toerags.
    He went 66 days without food for something he believed in , that makes him a hero in my eyes.

I admire his conviction, but it makes him an imbecile in my eyes.

I'm surprised you and your sort haven't petitioned the Vatican to make a new St Bobby.

Maybe because he was a murdering scumbag! that had a big role in the Dublin and Monaghan bombings

Do you really not see the contradiction in your two consecutive posts???

• Advertisement

And rightly so, the terrorist toerags.

I admire his conviction, but it makes him an imbecile in my eyes.

I'm surprised you and your sort haven't petitioned the Vatican to make a new St Bobby.

No mate, he was apart of a liberation movement forced to the gun by the british occupiers. imbecile? Bobby Sands was far from it .

why? sure im not even catholic?

No mate, he was apart of a liberation movement forced to the gun by the british occupiers. imbecile? Bobby Sands was far from it .

why? sure im not even catholic?

I actually agree that Sands wasn't a stupid man, but starving himself to death for what was essentially a technicality was stupid.

You being a Catholic or not doesn't really matter, Sands was, and he's been eulogised by the nationalists since he died.
    Wasn't Robert Nairac a Catholic? At least it's good to know that the provos didn't mind who they slaughtered.

I actually agree that Sands wasn't a stupid man, but starving himself to death for what was essentially a technicality was stupid.

You being a Catholic or not doesn't really matter, Sands was, and he's been eulogised by the nationalists since he died.
    Wasn't Robert Nairac a Catholic? At least it's good to know that the provos didn't mind who they slaughtered.

Religion is irellevent. the IRA never targeted anyone because their religion. Robert Nairac was hit as he was an occupier and a murderer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

The majority or them bombs had accurate warnings .

How about kingsmill then?

Religion is irellevent. the IRA never targeted anyone because their religion.

And there was me thinking that the provos shot, tortured, and blew up hundreds of people.
    All that time they were just trying to treat everyone equally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

McArmalite wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Again............your the one who brought up the "the slaughtering of innocents for a living" on post #324. I complemented you as nothing best describes the british army past and present.

aaahh, so its the "For a living" bit you took exception to. should I change it to "For Fun" then? not that it makes much difference, RSF is trying to claim the IRA did not slaughter innocent people, which they quite clearly did.
    the drug smuggling was for a living wasn't it ;)

i still don't see what this has to do with Iraq though or are you just trying to derail the thread again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

Robert Nairac was implicated in the murder of over 30 Irish civilians. Of course, free-staters who hate us northerners (For having the cheek of getting in the way of the english jackboot) ignore that, and are only willing to have their hearts bleed for Nairac.

The Miama showband Massacre, for example, headed by terrorist Nairac, saw the lead singer be shot in the face 9 times because of 'good looks'. But hey, obviously the victim was a 'provo scumbag'. I'll tell you what - Nairac was arrested, interogated, shot and his scumbag body ran through a meat-grinder. Good stuff.

As for horseflesh and his ilk, get off it. 'Provo scum'? So was Collins and his men 'scumbags' too? Horseflesh, a question - when the british army deliberately cleared the streets in order to give Lenny Murphy a free hand so that he could skin Irish people in the North alive, the Irish army did nothing. The provos did. They protected us. Who are the real 'scumbags' here, you self loathing hypocrite?

And to fratton fred - you're an englishman (Why are you even on this board, if not to troll?) Excuse me while I break a rib laughing at you using the word 'terrorist'. England averages one major war per decade. Shall I break out a list of warcrimes that makes you as a people look like nothing short of outright savages?

And there was me thinking that the provos shot, tortured, and blew up hundreds of people.

They also protected us while the 'Irish army' did nothing. What do you have to say about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yes, Bobby Sands and every republican soldier in prison should have been treated better as they were POW . Republican were treated worse than scumbags and drug dealers in prison. He went 66 days without food for something he believed in , that makes him a hero in my eyes.

He was arrested under criminal charges? So surely it should be treated as a criminal case?

Jakkass wrote: »
    He was arrested under criminal charges? So surely it should be treated as a criminal case?

Does this apply to the men arrested as criminals after the uprising, Jakkass?

Border-Rat wrote: »
    And to fratton fred - you're an englishman (Why are you even on this board, if not to troll?) Excuse me while I break a rib laughing at you using the word 'terrorist'. England averages one major war per decade. Shall I break out a list of warcrimes that makes you as a people look like nothing short of outright savages?

Why am I where? Ireland? none of your business.
    criminal acts, including against civilians, committed with the intent to cause death or serious bodily injury, or taking of hostages, with the purpose to provoke a state of terror in the general public or in a group of persons or particular persons, intimidate a population or compel a government or an international organization to do or to abstain from doing any act.

That's why I call the IRA terrorists.

I suppose I now get

"Oh, but Britain this..."
    "Britain that...."
    Iraq, Afghanistan, blah blah blah.

When you get a chance, you might want to read the Barron Report, or is that just the West brit free Staters pandering to the whim of the British jackboot

If you want to name a street after a dead terrorist who died to fulfil his own egotistical fantasies, fine, go right ahead, but please don't waste my taxes by doing it in Ireland.

Does this apply to the men arrested as criminals after the uprising, Jakkass?

I don't think violence is acceptable for furthering political goals. Use the parliament, but when it comes to taking the life of another, you have no right to do so.

How about kingsmill then?

kingmill wasnt an IRA attack . Iv just debated my point on kingsmill

What about the protestant men and women that fought in the IRA ?

Jakkass wrote: »
    I don't think violence is acceptable for furthering political goals. Use the parliament, but when it comes to taking the life of another, you have no right to do so.

The Irish in the north east of Ireland were forced to the gun as
    they were burnt out of their homes ,
    spit at ,
    shot at,
    killed all for been Irish.
    what would you have done?

• Advertisement

No, nobody was forced to a gun whatsoever. Look and India and Gandhi for example. He was never compelled to use violent means yet succeeded. What was different about Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

OK, Here we go over the old ground again.
    "The IRA denied responsibility for the killings."

The IRA denial is worthless. What did people expect them to say? When it would show them in a bad light they often denied things.

"The Irish Republican Army has never initiated sectarian killings."
    Ah ha, we've moved on from "never committed" to "never iniated(initiated?)" sectarian killings.
    "kingsmil was disgusting and any real republican would say the same, i condemn the massacre of any inocent person.This was an attack by locals(some of which were in the IRA) as a response to the murder of 6 inocent Irish men"

Still the whiff of excuse, justification,explaining away. Sectarian murder done in reprisal is no better than any other kind. Sure that's what Greysteel was;a reprisal-"a response" in your words for the Shankill bombing. Did that make the murders slightly less culpable than otherwise? Every side in this dirty mess could claim that their murders were reprisals for something that had happened before, pushing responsibility back ad infinitum.

"So Ian Paisley is an Irish nationalist ??"
    No, he's just Irish. Are you incapable of thinking that somebody can be Irish and not a nationalist? After all there are a million....sorry, 890 000 of them.

"Religion is irellevent. the IRA never targeted anyone because their religion"
    Apart from the aforementioned Kingsmills, Tullyvallen Orange and other things of course.

Finally...."when the british army deliberately cleared the streets in order to give Lenny Murphy a free hand so that he could skin Irish people in the North alive, the Irish army did nothing. The provos did. They protected us. Who are the real 'scumbags' here, you self loathing hypocrite?"

If the Provos "protected" the Catholic population of the North from the loyalists, they did a remarkably poor job of it. They spent most of their time bombing people's businesses ("economic war") and in the process killing civilians by the hundred through their ineptness,shooting RUC men,judges and so-called 'informers' than targeting loyalists. When they did try, we got the appalling fiasco of the Frizzels fish shop, which only killed civilians and gave the loyalists more excuses for their murderous fury. In fact, the hated and targeted RUC (according to ye, the allies and protectors of the UDA and UVF) took more loyalists off the street and into prison than the IRA campaign ever did. And for all the supposed efforts of the IRA in protecting the nationalist population,the loyalist campaign of murder became more effective with every passing year up to the middle of the 1990s. Not to mention that 'protecting' the catholic population was a bit of a joke,considering that the IRA and their nationalist chums in the INLA were probably responsible for nearly as many catholic deaths as their avowed enemies were, what with murdering informers,"mistakes" etc,etc. With "protectors" like that.....

English fred has no trouble arriving to put his feet up in the 'Celtic tiger', but why let that stop him attacking the Natives? English fred reminds me of neo-con racists who attack Iraqis from protecting themselves from Allied rapists.

How many citizens have the IRA killed (Not inclusive of englishmen killing citizens while posing as the PIRA)? How many atrocities have they committed? I'm not sure, but I can however raise the issue of how big a hypocrite this englishman is by taking just a selection of his own military/peoples actions:

- Irish Famine, mass forced starvation: 1,200,000 dead.

- French Navy debacle, WWII mass murder Churchill kills French sailors because they refuse to surrender their boats before Germans retrieve them: 1,500 dead.

- English invasion of Iceland, WWII.

- English invasion of Iran, WWII.

- English attack on Iraq, WWII. The first of no less than 3 attacks the english will launch on Iraqi civilians in less than a century.

- English attacks on Merchant shipping, WWII. Breach of London Naval Treaty. Hospital boats, civilians freighters. Animalistic indifference shown.

- English firebombing of Hospital city Dresden, straffing of civilians at riverbed: 200,000 dead.

- English/anglo-American 'Morgenthau plan' - the deliberate starvation of hundreds of thousands of German POW's.

- English atrocities/murder against German POW's who refuse to lie at show trials.

- English murder 13 Irish civilians, Bloody Sunday. Note: Not the 'other' english bloody sunday, on this Island. The 1972 bloody sunday.

- English sponser UVF terrorists, supply weapons and training.

- English sponser UDA terrorists, supply weapons and training.

- English sponser terrorist butcher Lenny Murphy, provide him with intelligence and immunity. English deliberately let gang which skins Irish civilians alive roam streets, english provide district immunity by removing their army from streets where/when gang will 'hunt'.

- English sponser terrorist and mass murderer Billy 'King Rat' Wright, provide intelligence and training. Sponser the murder of scores of civilians from Tyrone. English later have King Rat killed by giving INLA free pass, because King Rat was going to expose what terrorists they really are.

- English tell Saddam Hussein they won't attack Iraq yet again, if he invades Kuwait. English tell blatant lie, attack Iraq for the second time in 50 years.

- February, 1991. Post-hostilities, as Iraq retreats, English with American assistance assault a 20 mile backup of Iraqi conscripts and civilians contractors. Front end is hit with artillery, rear end hit with artillery, englosh savages obliterate everything in between via carpet bombing: At least 20,000 dead.

- August, 1998. English MI5 request satellite surveillence over Tyrone to track Vauxhall cavalier with MI5-equipped GPS transmitter. Car is equipped with 500lbs of explosives. English sponsered 'RUC' deliberately run like hell from cavalier, behind shopping centre, await blast, and witness the deaths of 30 people.

- 2002, English invade Afghanistan.

- March, 2003. English terrorists barrages Iraqi civilians with cluster bombs, annihilating Iraqi men, women and children.

- March, 2003. English terrorists illegally invade Iraq. Smash infrastructure. Kill men, women and children.

- March 2003 - present, 1,100,000 Iraq men, women and children dead as a result of English invasion.

- 1991/2003 - present, Iraqi cancer rates soar over 600% as a result of english terrorist DU ammunition. Deformities in Iraqi infants sky rocket, a result of english terrorist bombardments.

I could go on all night, but I couldn't be bothered. Now go on. Tell me about a few IRA murders here, there in comparison. You make me sick to the pit of my stomach. Die.

The Irish in the north east of Ireland were forced to the gun as
    they were burnt out of their homes ,
    spit at ,
    shot at,
    killed all for been Irish.
    what would you have done?

He probably would've joined the british army and got stuck straight in. I hear its a trend these days, south of the divide.

He probably would've joined the british army and got stuck straight in. I hear its a trend these days, south of the divide.

I don't support any RUC / British army actions either. I don't support gratuitious death over a social construct (i.e the nation), which is basically a certain meaning which is applied to a certain people, a particular meaning that is imposed over a certain geographical area. I don't consider it worth coming to physical blows for.

English fred has no trouble arriving to put his feet up in the 'Celtic tiger', but why let that stop him attacking the Natives? English fred reminds me of neo-con racists who attack Iraqis from protecting themselves from Allied rapists.

I could go on all night, but I couldn't be bothered. Now go on. Tell me about a few IRA murders here, there in comparison. You make me sick to the pit of my stomach. Die.

Tel me, is your problem with what i say, or who is saying it.

Either way, I'm not sure if your post is racist or xenophobic.

Oh well, who cares. hopefully we won't be seeing much more of you.

I'd say it's racist and xenophobic.

"English fred has no trouble arriving to put his feet up in the 'Celtic tiger', but why let that stop him attacking the Natives?"

Why should'nt he? Millions of Irish people have gone to work and live in the UK and made lives there, including people from my family. Would you begrudge a few folk coming back the other way? And as a 'native' I don't feel attacked.

As for this ranting list of British perfidy....what a confused,garbled muddle comprised of the odd bit of truth,a load of misinterpretation, conspiracy-theory twaddle,another load of dubious and debatable assertions and a rich helping of downright nonsense. "The english invasion"? If one took this for gospel one would believe that the British were the main actors in the invasion of Iraq with the Americans just playing a walk-on role....and thats just one of the daft things here.:D

ilkhanid wrote: »
    "English fred has no trouble arriving to put his feet up in the 'Celtic tiger', but why let that stop him attacking the Natives?"

I actually came to Ireland because I have an Irish wife who wanted to return home, it had nothing to do with any tigers, Celtic or otherwise.

Incidentally, she now wants to return back to England, whereas I love it here. Unfortunately the job front may mean she gets her way.

Well ,good luck wherever you go, Fred. I'd say you won't miss twits like this.;)

• Advertisement

ilkhanid wrote: »
    Well ,good luck wherever you go, Fred. I'd say you won't miss twits like this.;)

twits like who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement