Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where in ireland to get part worn tyres?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

thanks for the tip, just sent them a mail yesterday and they came back to me today, looks like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I've just got back from a place called Tyreland in Dublin 11, charge me €45 a corner for 16" continental tyres inc fitting balancing... They have 7mm tread on them.. 1 mm gone but over €55 cheaper per tyre........
    Bargain..!!

195 / 65 / 15 €39.99
    205 / 55 / 16 €44.99
    225 / 45 / 17 €59.99

I would highly recommend this place, was in and out within 35 mins..

Once upon a time, I'd probably agree, but:
    2 x 205/65 x 15
    2 x 225/55 x 15
    2 x 225/55 x 17

New, fitted, balanced: €420.

To me, that IS 2nd hand money..........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Similar story to the one above....
    Recently got 4 new tyres for her car!! Got them from a guy from the North.
    Got charged €36 a corner and then €50 to fit them!

They were Continentals that were practically brand new - I mean they could only have been run in!! The best price I could find for the exact same tyre was eiretyre.ie and that was €99 on specail, normally €160.

Was asking him where he got the tyres - apparantly in German if you get a puncture you HAVE to replace it - it cant be fixed - he gets them in from Germany and repairs them and sells them on!! I inspected all 4 tyres very closely - only the hole where it was punctured and the pacth filliing it was all it could fault - not even a mark on the side walls!

Been on the car now a month and they are perfect - nice savings too considering if it got them from eiretyre they would have been 400 quid as opposed to 144!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 bi

Theres a place in cookstown industrial in tallaght.I think it is called Autodepot.I have used them and all the tyres seem to have had very little use and are very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 4 goncaloncpinto

mantaraver wrote: »
    Hi. I have a contact for good used performance tyres in most sizes 15" to 20".
    PM me if your interested.

Darren
    Hi, can you give the contact for cheao used tyres?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 goncaloncpinto

Curran wrote: »
    Similar story to the one above....
    Recently got 4 new tyres for her car!! Got them from a guy from the North.
    Got charged €36 a corner and then €50 to fit them!

They were Continentals that were practically brand new - I mean they could only have been run in!! The best price I could find for the exact same tyre was eiretyre.ie and that was €99 on specail, normally €160.

Was asking him where he got the tyres - apparantly in German if you get a puncture you HAVE to replace it - it cant be fixed - he gets them in from Germany and repairs them and sells them on!! I inspected all 4 tyres very closely - only the hole where it was punctured and the pacth filliing it was all it could fault - not even a mark on the side walls!

Been on the car now a month and they are perfect - nice savings too considering if it got them from eiretyre they would have been 400 quid as opposed to 144!!
    Can you give me the contac of that guy?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I was going to go out to a place in Ardclough (its out past Maynooth) today to have a look at some used tyre stock. Its run by 2 guys and they dont sell anything with less than 7mm thread (IRC). I know 2 mechanics that went out and looked at the stuff and gave it the thumbs up.

They were claiming prices very reasonable, like around EUR50 for brand name, wide 17" and above per tyre.

Kinda wished I did go out today as I could have posted something more definite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

Its amazing the amount of abuse the op is getting just because he wants to fit part worn tyres to his car.
    So if you buy a second hand car that had new tyres fitted to it 3 months before, are you endangering your life and other road users lifes? no dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Zombie thread locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement