Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Camera Shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Surely this thread can be locked it 2 years old!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Surely this thread can be locked it 2 years old!

Locking the old ones up is a bit "ageist" ;)

Cannot see a reason to lock it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I agree with a Mod shocker.:eek:
    Post is still relevant as it describes and is helpful with an on going situation.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Locking the old ones up is a bit "ageist" ;)

Cannot see a reason to lock it yet.

It's just other threads like this get locked
    This thing just pops up from time to time!
    Should be put into a sticky so people can access it through there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

How many stickies do you want?
    Too many stickies will put of new people and for old users we will be scrolling down to page 2 for a new thread.

• Advertisement

How many stickies do you want?
    Too many stickies will put of new people and for old users we will be scrolling down to page 2 for a new thread.

No,not like that...
    Put it into the FAQS thread or something..
    Just title it "Problems with GCS?Read here"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The reason this thread pops up is that people find with a search. It then pops back up again. No need for a stickie or to be closed as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

It tickles me that horror tales of their store are still true. I wonder if they are aware of this thread, and if so, care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I'm 2years late seeing this but if you wanted to sell your voucher for 90euro.... you could have sold it, then gone in and bought the buyer a voucher with their name on it, using your voucher! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I have to agree that this is pretty much the same way still. Not to bothered really, its a take it or leave it attitude. They don't entertain any haggling or anything like that.
    I bought a D90 for xmas and they are 400 euro dearer than online and were not interested in making any deal as I would happily pay a little extra for local service.

Went into Fahy photo to get advice before I bought and the guy in there was fantastic. They didn't have a D90 in stock and did not push at all for a sale but was happy to talk about the camera and general things to look for. Also asked him about tripod and he pulled 2 out from behind the counter and we talked for a good while on it. Will definitely buy from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Psychobiker

richieg wrote: »
    I have to agree that this is pretty much the same way still. Not to bothered really, its a take it or leave it attitude. They don't entertain any haggling or anything like that.
    I bought a D90 for xmas and they are 400 euro dearer than online and were not interested in making any deal as I would happily pay a little extra for local service.

Went into Fahy photo to get advice before I bought and the guy in there was fantastic. They didn't have a D90 in stock and did not push at all for a sale but was happy to talk about the camera and general things to look for. Also asked him about tripod and he pulled 2 out from behind the counter and we talked for a good while on it. Will definitely buy from them

Big time, FahyFoto are far friendlier. I need a CLA done on a new (old) Zeiss lens of mine...I've just been inside it, and I'm not going to replace that aperture spring myself!!!! Must drop by in the morning and see if they can send it away

Advertisement