Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was buying an axe......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

A few months ago I was asked for ID when buying crates of Miller in Tesco...I'm 27!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

gandalf wrote:
    They sold you an axe !!!! Holy **** having met you that has to be the most worrying thing I have read on boards in ages.

BTW Merry Christmas to you and give your other half a kick in the nuts from me :D

But I don't actually look scary, it's only when I open my mouth that I terrify people. Right?;) And I only wanted an axe to chop firewood so my little puppies could sleep by the fire, I'm very sweet deep down.

Merry xmas to you too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I wish I got presents off of iguana.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

now that you have your axe, a handy phrase in 112 languages http://www.yamara.com/axe/

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

seamus wrote:
    My girlfriend's mum got that all the time. She was 25 with two kids and would get asked if her Mum was home when salesmen came to the door :D
    seamus, if your girlfriend's mother was 25, just how old was your girlfriend?

peeeeeeeedo :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm sure you'll find that statistically most axe murderers are actually over the age of 21.

Maybe that's because none of the younger ones can buy axes due to this rule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

why dont people put up photos of themselves and we'll try to guess their ages! (or is that still relevent to this thread??)

It could be fun! Or a little hurtful.... Any takers? And nobody cheat by clicking "view public profile"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

InFront wrote:
    why dont people put up photos of themselves and we'll try to guess their ages! (or is that still relevent to this thread??)

It could be fun! Or a little hurtful.... Any takers? And nobody cheat by clicking "view public profile"!

What about a photo of everyones axes instead? On topic at least. Runs down to Homebase with id to purchase axe.........[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it gets very embarrassing when I ask someone in their mid twenties for id, they never take offence, they laugh it off, but it's still embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah I got asked for ID when buying smokes the other night... I was like "rofl?! oh plz :rolleyes:"
    I mean really... if I was under age I wouldn't be able to afford them because they went up 50c remember?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I work in a supermarket, I'm OK with lads but with girls its much harder to tell and I've asked 24 year olds for ID!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

L31mr0d wrote:
    Are you sure its not just their policy to ask anyone within reason if they are 21? I mean I used to work in a petrol station and if the person looked around 21-22 you had to ask them for ID just to be sure they where 18. Maybe staff at B&Q are told if the person looks like the might be around 25, then ask them for ID to prove they are over 21.

EDIT: Plus sometimes around the chistmas, funnily enough, I'd ask for ID off women who where obviously early 30's, to make them feel good that they looked that young. Although they might of actually been that young, but the cigarettes had aged them 10 years :D

Where do you work? If someone comes in looking for an axe (that'll be me) make sure to ask me for ID!!!!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

And there was me thinking this thread was about buying a guitar........:rolleyes:

If I get asked for ID ever again it will be the result of an eyesight deficiency with the bouncer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Nala wrote:
    I work in a supermarket, I'm OK with lads but with girls its much harder to tell and I've asked 24 year olds for ID!

Tell the girls their old age pension book's will do fine. I'd love to see the look on their faces.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

you can buy a gun at 16 in this country and need to be 21 to buy an axe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

Ah perhaps theres something scary abut approaching your 18th birthday havin NEVR been asked for id tho and sudddenly everywhere you go the bouncers/salespeople harpin on at you...
    lol
    Roll on march...

So im supposed to believe a 19year old is more likely to chop me up with an axe than a 21 year old...I guess axemurdering is just down to immaturity really so!

Advertisement