Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock tip

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I inderstand what a gamble is chief. the problem i have is with the lie.

if the info given was correct then it would have been a straighforward investment. but, no, there were no prospectors waiting for the go ahead to say the place was jammers full of oil.

in fact, it was the opposite.

do you see the difference yet?

Well, what kind of research did you do yourself? how did you find out about the "tip"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

how did you find out about the "tip"?

a man down the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Cant understand why everyone is been like this it could be a gold mine or might not be. Maybe ye all shouldn't so hard could be real deal
    If it was going to be a gold mine, why on earth would El Rifle be posting details of it here, given that increased interest from Irish buyers would increase the price at which he & his paying clients would be buying in? Do you reckon that his paying clients would be happy?

Like I said, this has all the hallmarks of pump & dump. Or possibly a very junior employee who really doesn't understand what he is doing.

given that increased interest from Irish buyers would increase the price at which he & his paying clients would be buying in?

The above is incorrect

Maybe it will be a goldmine, maybe a disaster, for a gambler its worth the risk

The above is incorrect
    WOuld you care to explain why the most basic of market rules (increased demand = increased price) does not apply to you in this case?

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote:
    WOuld you care to explain why the most basic of market rules (increased demand = increased price) does not apply to you in this case?

apply to me?
    they have allocated a small amount of stock for private equity as pimpho mentioned earlier, you can make up your own mind whether a small amount is going to change the float price, I would expect they expect to sell it all. but you know best rainy, your obviously an expert. lets see what happens when they float on the AIM.
    is there anyway I can set up a private account with you Rainy so I can begin to understand the great knowledge you posess?

they have allocated a small amount of stock for private equity as pimpho mentioned earlier, you can make up your own mind whether a small amount is going to change the float price, I would expect they expect to sell it all. but you know best rainy, your obviously an expert. lets see what happens when they float on the AIM.
    is there anyway I can set up a private account with you Rainy so I can begin to understand the great knowledge you posess?
    For the record, I don't claim to be an investment expert, and I don't give investment advice to others.

My points about price were in relation to the private equity placing, not the float itself. Won't any increased demand for private equity (arising from your posts on this thread) result a higher price for all private equity investors?

Advertisement