Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock tip

Options
  • 18-12-2006 7:12pm

for all you stocks and shares gamblers ring your broker and put some money on Yellow Cat before Janaury. You heard it from El Riflé!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Can you give more details?

Where are they based never heard of them? What are they?

What date in Janurary?

What price are they now? What percetage do you think they will go up?

they are a US outfit who are in the IPO process at the moment. They have received permission to mine 10,400 acres in Utah for Uranium - they already got an independent expert to test for unranium and got positive results. The guy behind it has aroud 20 years experience in mining, last company he set up is generating 400mil per year. was a member of BP and Rio Tinto. Expected to float at around 2cents. not sure of exact date in january was going to be december but the mining area is still covered in snow so its been delayed a bit.
    It being small cap and in the IPO its higher risk, but if successfull the skys the limit. Probably get bought out

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Hey El Rifle, thanks for the heads up. They are only raising 1.25 million which is quite low? And also the brokers for the stock seem very unprofessional. Take a look at their website. www.brcorpfin.com. i rang twice to ask them for some information but got their T-Mobile voicemail?

Well if it does float for 2 cents then it would definetly be worth a small punt.
    You said to buy before January but there is no issue date as of yet. Do you when it will float?

I wouldnt worry about the 1.25 mil being low. We were told that it would float yesterday actually and I was giving it to my clients, but as i said because of the snow its been put back. I think it could be possible that it may even be delayed till Feb depending on the weather, but as you say to get it at 2cents its worth a punt.
    Ive never heard of those guys before just had a look at their site, looks a bit ropey! Im sure there are other brokers who have the option, i dont want to be shilling in here so give me a day or so and i'll see can i find who else has the option

If you dont mind me asking who is we?

• Advertisement

I wouldnt worry about the 1.25 mil being low. We were told that it would float yesterday actually and I was giving it to my clients, but as i said because of the snow its been put back. I think it could be possible that it may even be delayed till Feb depending on the weather, but as you say to get it at 2cents its worth a punt.
    Ive never heard of those guys before just had a look at their site, looks a bit ropey! Im sure there are other brokers who have the option, i dont want to be shilling in here so give me a day or so and i'll see can i find who else has the option

Glad you agree that the brokers look dodgy! Why should I not be worried about the capital raised being so low? Are you going to buy into this yourself?

If you dont mind me asking who is we?

www.lauriantprivateequity.com

Pimpho, They dont need a huge amount of funding, but also because of the potential of a hostile takeover in the future they are not selling off too much of their stock. This is my opinion by the way, not financial advise or anything like that.
    As a broker i cant buy stock in my own name that I am reccomending...

www.lauriantprivateequity.com

Pimpho, They dont need a huge amount of funding, but also because of the potential of a hostile takeover in the future they are not selling off too much of their stock. This is my opinion by the way, not financial advise or anything like that.
    As a broker i cant buy stock in my own name that I am reccomending...

Ok cheers for that. Will you be recommending any of your close friends and family to buy then? Oh and by the way do you know anyone that works in Bloxhams in the IFSC in Dublin?

I will be reccomending them indeed, because of float delay i dont think they will be available much longer, so get in before everyone closes for xmas would be my advice. I don't work in Ireland these (fortunately hehe) I do know one guy in Bloxhams but i only know him by his nickname. My advice ring up and ask to speak with only a senior broker. then ask him if they have the stock and then open the account cause it will probably cost you a few hundred to open the account and they will want you to open one if they are selling YCat or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

You work with lauriant?
    How long have Lauriant been in existence?
    Where are you based? Brazil? Uruguay?

I don't know much about IPO's but one would presume that the date would be determined at more than a days notice?
    How is it possble to invest pre IPO?
    Would this require opening an account with lauriant?
    Have you any links to the prospectus - presumably it's online and all normal due-diligence has been carried out?
    Who are the company auditors?
    Have you copies of the most recent FS?

• Advertisement

I will be reccomending them indeed, because of float delay i dont think they will be available much longer, so get in before everyone closes for xmas would be my advice. I don't work in Ireland these (fortunately hehe) I do know one guy in Bloxhams but i only know him by his nickname. My advice ring up and ask to speak with only a senior broker. then ask him if they have the stock and then open the account cause it will probably cost you a few hundred to open the account and they will want you to open one if they are selling YCat or not

Think the guy in Bloxhams knows you as well as I asked him about YCat and mentioned your nickname! But how can I buy them before floatation? Couple of hundred to open an account? A bit steep, no? Can I not just buy them online? Not a hope of me going to the brokers I mnetioned above! And I still haven't been able to get through to them btw! Did you manage to find out what other brokers have stock?

Cheers for all the info! :)

Glenbhoy wrote:
    You work with lauriant? yes
    How long have Lauriant been in existence? Division of FSW over 4 years
    Where are you based? Brazil? Uruguay? Sao Paulo - offices in Berlin, London, Switz

I don't know much about IPO's but one would presume that the date would be determined at more than a days notice? yes
    How is it possble to invest pre IPO? thats what we do in general
    Would this require opening an account with lauriant? no other brokers who have the option can also do it
    Have you any links to the prospectus - presumably it's online and all normal due-diligence has been carried out? I cant give a prospectus unless you are my client they are the rules
    Who are the company auditors? YCAt or Lauriant?
    Have you copies of the most recent FS? its in the pros

I don't know much about IPO's but one would presume that the date would be determined at more than a days notice? yes
    How is it possble to invest pre IPO? thats what we do in general
    Would this require opening an account with lauriant? no other brokers who have the option can also do it
    Have you any links to the prospectus - presumably it's online and all normal due-diligence has been carried out? I cant give a prospectus unless you are my client they are the rules
    Who are the company auditors? YCAt or Lauriant?
    Have you copies of the most recent FS? its in the pros
    1. So, how come the approximate IPO date is not confirmed?
    2. My understanding of companies is: A company is divided into shares, say 1M in this case, the owners have those 1m shares, if they decide to float, then they sell off some of those shares, which are then freely available to buy on stock exchanges. Pre-float, one can only purchase shares from the share owners, that would imply that you have some connection to the owners - no?
    3. ?
    4. ?
    5. I don't understand, the company cannot float without auditors, yellow cat nor Lauriant would not be able to adudit the company - how could anyone in their right mind invest in a share without knowing that their investment has been subjected to some form of independent scrutiny?
    6. Where is the company registered, it's probably possible to download the accounts from whatever country they file in. Presumably they'e US?

OK IPO process explained, ive cut and paste it from a previous thread

A company about to float will generally go through 3-4 stages of fundraising before they float on the market. 1st stage they may look to raise funds at an attractive price to the institution, say 10p, the institution agrees to give them 2mil at 10p after doing a diligence on the company. the instituition holds all the stock themselves or puts a little in a fund. the company uses that 2 mil to expand, R&D etc and become bigger and stronger. they then do a second stage of funding but because they are bigger and better they raise 3mil at 15p per share. The institution keeps the stock themselves increasing their stake in the company,a little may go into a managed fund, but private investor still hasnt got access at this stage/. company uses funds again and 6 months later are looking to float on the market and are now raising 5mil at 20p p share. Now the private investor will get access to the IPO with an expected flotation price of 25p within 3 months.
    What I do is get people in at the 1st and second stages of the IPO process which is where the institution ie. bank usually cleans up

The company will float of the best time, as said before it wont float when the ground is covered in snow because theyd be twiddling their thumbs!! they take advice on this from brokers etc.

You need a prospectus for all the figures and accounts information you want which is up to you to get Im just giving a tip thats it ,do with it what you will!! I need to actually do some work today !

Cheers for all the info El Rifle and apologies for the interrogative nature of some of the posts by some people here!
    Just wondering if you managed to find out what other brokers have options on this stock as I'm reluctant to use dodgy one I mentioned above!

Abrigado.

No worries

Have you tried TD Waterhouse? and a few other big euro ones would be your best bet. asked my boss and he doesnt know

Pimpho check your PM's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Guys be very very careful here.... I visit a lot of stock chat rooms and this looks very like a Pump and dump. The "so called broker" giving a tip on the next big thing usually gold, diamonds, oil fields.

Put CMXX, QBID, MLON in to google and you'll find plenty of threads that describe this sort of thing. And plenty people that got badly burned. Not talking about losing a few quid playing poker or on the back of a pony, with stocks its ~100E to by and sell before you every make profit. So ~3k investment min.

I my experience brokers to not give tips for free.

This guy say's he works for a company that mainly does IPO's for this sort of company. Could easily front load the stock before the IPO date and sell on the initial pop. Leaving the guys who buy in after that holding the bag.

IPO prices of 2cent doesn't mean it can't go any lower, there are 10's of 1000's of stocks that trade in the .000's.

El can you advise what exchange this stock will trade on ??? pinksheets ?

Topcat101 check your pms!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brophy

I am just wondering would i be able to get a list of other brokers have options on this stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

PIMPHO wrote:
    Topcat101 check your pms!

very interested in this gamble.

any chance someone can forward me this pm ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

The only good thing about this thread is that it is in the 'gambling' forum. Professional brokers don't dish out tips on bulletin boards. They should have a queue of paying clients lining up to pay for their expertise. And indeed, those paying clients would have the right to be seriously pi$$ed off at the advice (which they are paying for) being dished out for free. No serious investor would base any decision on gossip like 'The guy behind it has aroud 20 years experience in mining, last company he set up is generating 400mil per year'. This indeed has all the hallmarks of a pump & dump operation. Any broker worth their salt would make clear any prospective investor was absolutly clear on the risks (market risks, currency risks, taxation issues, etc) involved in such an investment before proceeding.

The words forty, foot and bargepole spring to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

RainyDay wrote:

Yeah. I get about ten emails a day with sure thing stock tips. I have a small amount of money and plan to get rich slowly rather than get rich quickly by investing in large cap stocks, in non-capital intensive businesses, when the stock market falls from its present high levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I'd be interested in the PM too, but am quite sceptical and would be largely in agreement with Rainyday on this.

RainyDay wrote:
    The only good thing about this thread is that it is in the 'gambling' forum. Professional brokers don't dish out tips on bulletin boards. They should have a queue of paying clients lining up to pay for their expertise. And indeed, those paying clients would have the right to be seriously pi$$ed off at the advice (which they are paying for) being dished out for free. No serious investor would base any decision on gossip like 'The guy behind it has aroud 20 years experience in mining, last company he set up is generating 400mil per year'. This indeed has all the hallmarks of a pump & dump operation. Any broker worth their salt would make clear any prospective investor was absolutly clear on the risks (market risks, currency risks, taxation issues, etc) involved in such an investment before proceeding.

Rainy Day for some reason you have a f"""in hard on for me re. the last post where I argued that the internet isnt necesarily the best place to buy shares and all of a suddenly you want my f$$$king life history with dates and personal appearances!!!! you are a seriously sceptical individual. Anyone who knows me on boards, knows that i am a gambler, whether it be poker or shares.
    If i post a tip`take or leave it, and stop raining down you cloudyness on my name please.
    The very nature of an IPO stock is that its high risk.
    Hallmark of a pump and dump really¨. do your research since you seem to know all the angles and show me some contradicting facts, instead of your constant sceptical whining.

TopCAT, AIM market London, and there is no minimum investment of 3000. If you invest 1000euro with me I make 15 euro. So give me some credit, and dont think I would be shilling for business for a few euro!!!!. I deal with large spending clients in South America, who like high risk and high spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

you are a seriously sceptical individual.
    Thanks very much.

The very nature of an IPO stock is that its high risk.
    Really??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

i got suckered into something like this... "circle oil going to go up to 14 stg get on giddy up whee heee wooo haa"

bought for 34p

http://www.advfn.com/quote_Circle-Oil_LSE_COP.html

:(

i got suckered into something like this... "circle oil going to go up to 14 stg get on giddy up whee heee wooo haa"

bought for 34p

http://www.advfn.com/quote_Circle-Oil_LSE_COP.html

:(

Well that's your fault. It's all a gamble baby.

El Im interested in this how does it work I mean do I send you the money or what? I'll stick a thousand see how it goes..

Cant understand why everyone is been like this it could be a gold mine or might not be. Maybe ye all shouldn't so hard could be real deal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

I inderstand what a gamble is chief. the problem i have is with the lie.

if the info given was correct then it would have been a straighforward investment. but, no, there were no prospectors waiting for the go ahead to say the place was jammers full of oil.

in fact, it was the opposite.

do you see the difference yet?

Advertisement