Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Scientists do that make you crap your pants

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Jimoslimos wrote:
    Ahhh....we've been rumbled!

Yea, I just finished watching "Men Behind the Sun"

I've lost all faith in humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The black holes thing scares me, what if someone forgets to cary the 1. Or the supercomputer in charge runs on windows? The quicker we can get into space and do this type of research on other planets the better.

It doesn't really matter anyway if the end comes, as long as it's quick and looks cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

almost all of the above mentioned horrible/scary things done by scientists were hugely encouraged by politicians and governments. And most of the other stuff people just don't understand. The ITER for example the aim is to make a fusion reactor that gives out ten times more energy than put in thats pretty low amount of energy when you think about it. And it won't be running till 2050, if they get lucky.

As for the meteors well were overdue a big impact but a big impact won't destroy us just put us back a good few years and eliminate a lot of people. It'd be worse if Yellowstone erupted but hey what can ya do. You could get killed by a psycho tomorrow. Just be thankful we weren't around for the Permian extinction and some of the other "smaller" ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_events

Advertisement