Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads?(or ladies i suppose)

Options
  • 14-12-2006 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

just curious to find out how many of you would be turned off some one of the opposite sex(or same sex!)because they wear braces?(on their teeth btw)
    anybody i know who has braces(myself included) feels very self conscious about them and think they look awful but is it really that big a deal and would they really turn you off someone?:(

Do braces make a difference? 66 votes

no,i barely notice them
    0% 0 votes
    yes,i dont like metal mouths!
    100% 66 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I think they are sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Definitely don't think of them as a big deal. If you start thinking about them as a big deal other people pick up on this and feed off it.

I had braces for around 2yrs and never had a problem. (I'm a girl by the way)

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

was seeing a girl on and off who thought they were the end of the world.

I honestly never noticed them. Ran into her recently and she'd just had them off and I didnt notice.

Definitly not a big deal for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm with petes, I think their damn sexy too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

humanji wrote:
    I'm with petes, I think their damn sexy too! :o
    your being sarcastic right?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

they are not sexy, but they are not not sexy

wouldnt matter to me in the slightest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I'm being completely honest when I say that I find braces on a girl very sexy. It is not the slightest bit a turn off, if anything its the opposite ..... something different.

I had braces when I was in leaving cert/start of college and although I was self conscious when I got them first I don't think they affected things badly at all.

Only pity is that there's not many girls my age that have them and I feel guilty thinking they look sexy on younger girls :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Drift wrote:
    I'm being completely honest when I say that I find braces on a girl very sexy. It is not the slightest bit a turn off, if anything its the opposite ..... something different.

Only pity is that there's not many girls my age that have them and I feel guilty thinking they look sexy on younger girls :o

QFT

yea drift, i have heard a few people say that-i have even heard of people that are older GETTING braces because they feel they make them look younger :eek: thats a bit crazy

btw,i got to say i think finding them sexy is strange-i just dont see how they can be attractive-even if theyr not a turn off!

each to their own though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

No they wouldn't bother me in the least.. Just means their taking pride in their appearance and caring for their teeth really.. and it means they'll have a lovely smile when they come off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

The braces wouldn't bother me, however a lack of confidence in the person brought on by wearing them may do.

I can't explain it, I find them hot :D so sue me. Btw, can you add an option to the poll specifically for me ....... "I find braces on the opposite sex HOT"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

This is how I think about it:

Braces are a minor detail when it comes to sexyness.

There is a girl I fancy quite a lot, who has braces, and the braces wouldn't put me off.

In general, while they can only be considered as part of the whole:

Perfect teeth + nearly perfect teeth = sexy

Teeth with braces is ok and not so different to crooked teeth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

There is an old BOI ad for student loans that they started showing again around September with a girl that has braces. They don't change my opinion of her one bit. She is extremely sexy and confident.

Basically, its comes down to if you are willing to accept them yourself you won't seem like you care to other people. They will not be an issue then. If you let them be an issue then they will be. People accept people as they are 100% if they accept themselves. Self confidence is a hugely desireable quality. Self confidence makes people extremely attractive. Its all in the subconcious signals you send out.

Oh and one more thing (I'm sounding really fetishist here :rolleyes: ) ........ smile a lot if you have braces - big toothy ones - it looks really cute.

Ballerina wrote:

Not at all. They add a certain cuteness to a girl. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Drift wrote:
    I'm being completely honest when I say that I find braces on a girl very sexy.

Am with Drift on this, at the recent Boards Beers a certain Boardsie (girl) had them and I thought they were sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

More AH than PI.
    I like them on a girl. Wouldn't want to wear them myself.

this thread has brightened up my day :)
    btw i am an outgoing person and never even really think about them.They dont make me less confident(much)but i just got back from the orthodontist where i THOUGHT i was getting them off today but no :(

(but i never smile with my mouth open in a picture...that would be a sin;) )

• Advertisement

biko wrote:
    More AH than PI.
    I like them on a girl. Wouldn't want to wear them myself.

yea feel free to move it
    (i would have thought it was a personal issue though...:confused: )

Ballerina wrote:
    i just got back from the orthodontist where i THOUGHT i was getting them off today but no :(
    [/SIZE]

Well now you see that for some people here, that's a good thing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Braces ftw!!1

I'm very much biased though considering I've had them since I was 16. Its crap having them in fairness and they do feck with your confidence but apparantly its all worth it.. I'll let you know in a months time:D

Ballerina wrote:
    (but i never smile with my mouth open in a picture...that would be a sin;) )

I was the same as you when I had them Ballerina I used to make sure I was smiling with my lips covering them. But looking back now (about 5-6 years later) I'm sorry I did cos I look a bit foolish. There's a middle ground you can take, part your lips slightly for the smile so your 2 front teeth would show if you didn't have braces. Its barely noticable in the photo that you have braces but the smile is natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I think they are really hot on girls..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i dont like them at all. it would be a turn off for me personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I barely ever notice them. seriously. They don't make a difference at all.

^don't listen to him there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Wouldn't bother me at all, although I'd imagine dental hygiene would be even more important for t3h braces wearing folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Ballerina wrote:
    Why think that?

Some people find them a turn on. Some people find them a turn-off. Some people have a fetish for them (you can buy fake braces from some fetish suppliers and from http://www.bracecompany.com/ who are actually work-safe though probably have the same market as those of their rivals we'd have to ban anyone who linked to). Some people find them so much a turn-off that they just couldn't find someone at all sexy if they wear them. Some people couldn't care less.

Much like most things really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Braces FTW.

Advertisement