Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25% off all electrical (and toys) this weekend at Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

picked up a Bush 22" LCD in Tescos for 337 Euros, its non-hd but it has a Vga input, one problem I did notice on it was two stuck pixels, but they are only noticable on a black screen. It is also wall mountable.

Snake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I was in Tesco Artane castle about a half hour ago and when I asked did they have any PSP's the young fellow behind the counter said "they'd sold all the ones they were allowed to sell".
    I asked him was it a limited offer as it never mentioned in the papers that there was only so many per branch and he let slip that the manager had locked away some PSP's and 360's in the office so that they wouldn't run out of stock before christmas :eek:
    The manager came over and said the young lad was mistaken and that they'd completely sold out but I think I know which version makes more sense to me !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

tonight we got an electric fire, a wine cooler, 2 digital cameras and a few toys for kids at christmas. lots of savings!

while in the queue for the cameras i saw them sell 4 computers, 11 ipods and 6 tvs. it was that busy.

legend offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Picked up the PC with the printer/scanner/copier. A great little machine with windows media centre for the father in law's christmas present. Came to €525!!

Pissed off that even going to 2 Tesco's over the weekend, none has the Sony PSP, even though they had the display boxes - seems like they could have been keeping them for this week instead. grrr

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I was in Tesco Artane castle about a half hour ago and when I asked did they have any PSP's the young fellow behind the counter said "they'd sold all the ones they were allowed to sell".
    I asked him was it a limited offer as it never mentioned in the papers that there was only so many per branch and he let slip that the manager had locked away some PSP's and 360's in the office so that they wouldn't run out of stock before christmas :eek:
    The manager came over and said the young lad was mistaken and that they'd completely sold out but I think I know which version makes more sense to me !!!!
    You mustn't have had the red suit on that day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I bet the guy got some bollocking off the manager when you walked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnnypc

Hard Disk + GOds of War + Usuals - €336. Thanks you very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tesco Value DVD player 27 yoyos! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

quad_red wrote:
    I bet the guy got some bollocking off the manager when you walked out!

Oh yeah,

Funnily enough Tesco Clare Hall had about 12 PSP's today despite having none over the weekend :rolleyes: !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

didnt get a 360.........changed my mind bout it so didnt bother going into local tesco[dundalk] ...well either of them..........

i wanted wii instead .......:d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Tesco Value DVD player 27 yoyos! Cheers

I bought one as well excellent machine.
    Plays DVD r's perfectly.
    Have to find a hack for region free tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Picked up a JVC DVD player/micro-system for €200 (down from €265). Plays Divx video also.

That's one present sorted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Thanks OP. Got a PS2 friday for €104~, how bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

I bought a Fuji A400 digital cam, went to buy a 256mb XD memory card and they had none:( , feck it, went for the 512mb one and it was the same price (it was priced on the stand at E50) :confused: E30 - 25% = E21 for the card! E230 worth of gear for E150, not bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

is that 25% offer still on or was it only the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

This nbight last week i asked a Tesco manager would the 25% offer be on the following weekend.

He looked at me very angry looking and just said "NO".

Three days later the offer was on and i was in there browsing and he was prancing up and down the isle, i just ignored him.

roflmfao

has anything like this ever been done before[like not clubcard redeemed pojnts but actual money off at the till?]

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

so this will be on again this weekend i must try pick me up a xbox 360 so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

has it been confirmed that it will be on this weekend also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

so this will be on again this weekend i must try pick me up a xbox 360 so

I'd doubt it but if it is, it will be in the Indo on Wed/Thur as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

roflmfao

has anything like this ever been done before[like not clubcard redeemed pojnts but actual money off at the till?]
    Are you asking if Tesco have ever had a sale or am I missing something? :confused:

Think he's asking has Tesco ever had a 25% off sale (elecetrical, tv's etc)with cash discount rather then clubcard rebates?

yes ,that is what im asking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Yea, got Xbox last week with a pure cash discount, no points offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

mr.noobie wrote:
    so this will be on again this weekend i must try pick me up a xbox 360 so:D

Nope it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

I bought an xbox 360 in Tesco Jervis shopping centre, when i opened it this morning there was no xbox console or free game. It had everything else as far as i can see. Has this happened to others and if so was there a hassle exchanging it for a new one?

huh?i didnt understand any of that.............

Think he bought a non existant XBOX console and game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

A 360 must weigh about a good 6-7 kilos. How could you not notice that it wasn't in the box?

Unless it was filled with a brick instead, theres not much chance of your story washing with anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

I have heard it happening more and more over the Christmas period,

Allegedly part time staff, going through boxes and nick expensive gear.

Heard of it happening with a DS lite , and cam corder this year and a PSP last year

Advertisement