Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What advice would you give to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

dont freeze yourself in the snow to wait for the wii

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

strike while the iron is hot

i should have had that phrase up on a big neon sign in my bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead would tell young Pighead to hug Shep like you've never hugged him before when the Summer of 1991 arrives. Mammys taking Sheppy to the vet and he won't be coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

• Don't have that first cigarette
    • Love yourself
    • Don't go to that ATM
    • Keep your flower

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Dutchology wrote:
    • Love yourself
    • Don't go to that ATM
    • Keep your flower

:D

haha very good :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dutchology wrote:

yeap...gotta agree there

Dutchology wrote:
    [*]Love yourself
    Pigheads would be Love yourself less. The blister scars I have today are a constant reminder of a young boy too in love with himself.

Heyes wrote:
    haha very good :p

*thanks you*

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads would be Love yourself less. The blister scars I have today area constant reminder of a young boy too in love with himself.

Go back in time and tell yourself to use use lotion and a warm flannel!

Scar's aren't cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

c - 13 wrote:
    Also Never Listen to rumours

I'd go further than that and say don't listen to any Fleetwood Mac albums.

• Advertisement

Oh, screw inhibitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

In 10 years you won't even remember what he looked like, so stop writing his name on all your copybooks, and go and get a life. Or go and shift him. Whichever, but make your mind up, dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

jaggeh wrote:
    dont freeze yourself in the snow to wait for the wii
    Kyle?

as for myself, I'm with Seamus except that i would say something along the lines of 'Dude, don't smoke that cigarette. they are as addictive as people have told you and you'll be wheezing like an old man when you're 31.'
    I made plenty of mistakes along the way and they have made me a better person as i know not to do those things again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

1. Don't take up smoking, it's not as cool as you think it is.
    2. Don't take out student loans, the job market isn't going to be so sweet when you graduate.
    3. Save.
    4. The marking scheme for your postgrad will be different from the one for your undergrad so work harder (I got a lower grade for higher results)
    5. Don't care so much what other people think.
    6. Go to the gym or take up a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

julep wrote:
    Kyle?

Cartman.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

petes wrote:
    Cartman.
    that went over your head. think back to the episode in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

julep wrote:
    that went over your head. think back to the episode in question.

Ah. That it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Great thread pighead!

I'm all up for learning from your mistakes but there is one or two things I'd like to tell the young me.

I'd go back to the 18 year old me and tell her "what the hell are you putting that down on your CAO for. Are you mad?" Than I'd tell her. The guy you'll meet in college will be bad news, don't fall for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"If you are offered the After Hours modcap, don't take it! If you do, then ban Pighead for life, he is just a bad apple!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

1. I'd tell the 10 year old Primary School me that I will never learn another thing in school that will be of any practical use in the real world therefore I can sleep even more in Secondary school than I actually did.

2. Leave school at the earliest possible legal age. Work flat out in more than one job if necessary in order to save up for a deposit on a house and buy one. Keep working and save up more deposits. In a few years start using the equity to buy more. By the time I'm in my mid-20's I'll never have to work for anybody again. And for God's sake whatever you do, don't listen to the "prices can't keep going up" brigade !!

3. Don't ever, ever, EVER put a woman on a pedestal (a. they don't deserve it, they're just human like you. b. they don't appreciate it).

4. Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭ats

to a 20 year old me dont go to France go to the US, knuckle down in your final your in college its only one year those bastards wont matter to you when you leave.

to a me olde than that? take more chances life is too short, live it you only have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

"Don't worry that you haven't done it yet, while all your mates have"

I think that's advice that every teenager needs really. Most of them are lying anyway. When you're all grown up and shagging, you realise that it's not really a huge thing to have sex. It's just a thing that people do. But when you're a teenager, you believe that's the ultimate goal in life. It really isn't.

In fact, the advice I would give is to just "not worry about anything, life will work itself out" Teenagers are dumbasses basically and believe everything revolves around them and their little problems. When you reach adulthood, you leave all that petty bull**** behind (well, most of us do!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd tell my 17 year old self that actually, you don't like biology and it's an extremely hard subject to study at 3rd level. Put some effort into studying, get 600 points and do medicine. You do want to.

Also, I'd tell myself to study more consistently instead of leaving it to the night before.

Be more healthy is another good one, but I'd tell that to myself at 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Trilla, I think I DO love you! Hee hee!

Advice to myself.... have a LOT more sex! And when Sandy invites you to go to that party, RUN! Say you have other plans! Do not go!

Pighead would tell young Pighead to log onto www.boards.ie in 1998 using a thing called the internet. When he asks me why, i'll say. "You are your join date buddy. That is all you need to know for now. You will thank me for this one day".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

For the love of God think before you register on boards.ie and fill out that username field.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    For the love of God think before you register on boards.ie and fill out that username field.

You could always subscribe and get your username changed.

Faith wrote:
    You could always subscribe and get your username changed.
    Yeah but its a pretty boring process.
    Hopping into his Time Machine and going back to meet his younger self to tell him to pick a better username sounds like much more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

I'd go back to my 13 year old self and tell me:
    • Don't ever smoke, it's going to kill your parents, so save yourself.
    • Visit Ireland as soon as you have the money :D
    • Don't get married!! (Twice) :(
    • Show your parents every day that you love them
    • Don't let John kiss you by the control panel. Dan will see you and it won't be good. :p
    • Don't be so hard on yourself. :rolleyes:
    • Save your money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Most importantly, I'd tell 12 year old me exactly how to tell off that asshole sadist wanker of a teacher I had in 6th class.

After that:

- Don't start smoking, you fool!
    - Ask her out, for christsake!
    - Don't ask her out, you bellend!
    - Don't play those Euromillions numbers, try these instead!
    - Quit your snivelling.
    - Life is too short
    - Etc...

Advertisement