Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What advice would you give to you?

Options
  • 12-12-2006 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead was watching Back To The Future 2 a while back and thought about how great it would be to go back in time and meet young Pighead and give him a couple of words of advice to set him up nicely for his future years.

Moneys overrated and makes people ugly so all advice would have to be of a non financial nature. I'd probabbly go back to 1990 when I was 13 as lets face it life doesn't really start until your balls drop.

So the advice that Pighead would give to 13 year old Pighead would be to learn how to play an instrument and get yourself into a band within two years. Chicks will love you and fellas will want to be you. Every young teenage lad should be in a band. I'd also recommend me to ditch my CD colection( Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" and Saw Doctors "If this is Rock and Roll I want my old job back") and start getting into The Pixies The Stone Roses and The Burt Bacarach Collection.

Oh and I'd tell me to stay the hell away from that cow Sarah Conlon. Lying bitch promised young Pighead she wouldn't tell anybody about that problem I was having.

So what would you tell you? (Financial advice not allowed)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I'd tell me (circa age 10) to get a dress sense so that looking back at my childhood photos wouldn't be so cringe-inducing. Purple tracksuits, my God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

• To never judge someone solely on meeting them once
    • Get up off your arse and keep healthy
    • Dont be shy, say what you think
    • Never to believe someones better than you, cause there not, nobody has a right to think someones better than them
    • Take Risks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

i think this calls for a "dear pighead" forum. Agony ant pighead style.

I for one wished I'd have stayed at the music, havin taught myself 3 (no joke) instruments well from 8 - 13 years old. Ah well.

I wish I had shot instead of passed in the cup final when I was 16, I still have nightmares of Clancys miss from 3 yards. Flippin eegit!

Papillion - I was 17 or so, I had it written out... 20 pounds win, I bottled it and wrote out a fiver each way.

Not to have made a complete spa out of myself at 22 over a erm....woman. Not sure if thats an appropriate word to call the likes of her.

Yesterday, at 23, shouldnt have eaten those mushy peas and battered cod. Flushed......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Heyes wrote:
    Response from Young Heyes: "Alright then how about this. Fcuk off ya crazy loon, whaddya mean your the older version of me from the future. Get the hell out of my sight before I call my Daddy."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Stay the course big Ned, you're doing super!"

It's the ****ups in the my past that make me the person I am today. If someone had helped me avoid my mistakes, then I would be lacking in that extra experience now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Pighead wrote:
    ...as lets face it life doesn't really start until your balls drop.

Pighead is being sexist. Pighead should recognise that there are two halves to the human race: the good half, and the half whose life begins when their balls drop.

seamus wrote:
    "Stay the course big Ned, you're doing super!"

It's the ****ups in the my past that make me the person I am today. If someone had helped me avoid my mistakes, then I would be lacking in that extra experience now :)

Yes but whos to say that given the right advice you wouldn't have become and even more magnificent human being?

Now Pigheads not knocking you at all here buddy. From what I read on here your a top notch fella and your words of advice and encouragement steered Pighead away from permanent boards bans and eternal shame in the online community.

But* maybe with the right advice you could have become more than what you are today. Maybe some sort of Gandhi type figure saving lost souls in the real world from lives of misery and anguish.

*Is it ok to strat a sentence with but?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Don't spend that money on a stupid car when you could be buying a house! I'm tellin ya, there's gonna be a massive property surge and you could stand to make a fortune!
      She is not the love of your life, cop on! You're only 17 ffs! :mad:
      Stick your life savings on Ireland to get to the 1/4 finals of Italy 1990... (actually I don't know if I'd believe that even if my future self was standing in front of me!)
      Know the one thats one too many - then I'd beat my future self up! :D

Slow coach wrote:
    Pighead is being sexist. Pighead should recognise that there are two halves to the human race: the good half, and the half whose life begins when their balls drop.
    Oops sorry Slowcoach, forgot that this board was national. Pigheads from Dundalk where both the sexes have testicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'd tell me to learn piano and learn how to brake-dance

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Don't be such a smart arse and think you know it all by 21, cos ya don't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Both!!!

What's this about two sexes in Dundalk????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Beruthiel wrote:
    Don't be such a smart arse and think you know it all by 21, cos ya don't

23 ftw!! Ba da bing!

(or not like y'know. No pressure)

Both!!!

What's this about two sexes in Dundalk????
    Eh Male and Females Flutter. Its actually not just restricted to Dundalk, its kind of worldwide. Have you never seen a female buddy?

Check out Beruthials pic in Know Your Nerds for a example of femininity at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Pighead wrote:
    Oops sorry Slowcoach, forgot that this board was national. Pigheads from Dundalk where both the sexes have testicles.

Classic.

I'd tell me to stay in college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Don't open it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Bet on red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

1. Pick up the acoustic guitar at a younger age.
    2. Read up on Buddhism at a younger age.
    3. Spend more time with my friends who passed away suddenly.
    4. Life is too short to dwell on things. Chin up.
    5. Don't get depressed because you'll have a great sex life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Pighead wrote:
    Response from Young Heyes: "Alright then how about this. Fcuk off ya crazy loon, whaddya mean your the older version of me from the future. Get the hell out of my sight before I call my Daddy."

Young ?? why thank you but sadly not

Don't eat yellow snow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Hmmm, well if i could, i'd tell my younger self the following

1. Pick up the acoustic guitar at a younger age, and don't stop till yer decent
    2. Kiss her, you moron.
    3. Avoid that yoke from out strandhill way. Like the plague.
    4. If ever someone close to you is ill, and you have booked to go visit your then lady friend in scotland, don't go.
    5. Don't go see any of the new star wars films, they'll suck.

Any questions from a younger me will be met with a knowing laugh and the words "you'll know when the time comes", except for 5.
    I will give myself the key plotpoints of all three films. Just so i'll never feel the urge to go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I would tell the younger me to look after my figure.
    To eat healthily and to exercise more.

I would go back and tell myself that my mates BF was bad news, and not to so much as sit in his company.

Oh, and I would tell myself to spend just an extra 30mins a night going over my Cultural Studies course work, as it would make the difference between a 2.1 and a 1st degree,

It would probably be best to arrive for your meeting with the younger you armed with a naggin of vodka and six cans of lager. Tell your younger self to strat drinking now so as to build up a magnificent resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Pighead wrote:
    It would probably be best to arrive for your meeting with the younger you armed with a naggin of vodka and six cans of lager. Tell your younger self to strat drinking now so as to build up a magnificent resistance.

What age are we talking here? Six? Seven?

petes wrote:
    What age are we talking here? Six? Seven?
    Whatever age you want to be petes. For Pighead it would be 13. Thats the beauty of time machines, the choice is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

"Look out behind you!!!"

Then I'd laugh cause I'd have made my younger self look. Hah!

After that I'd tell him who to leave dumped when they'd been dumped and to get making films younger because it's what you'll end up wanting to do anyway so you might as well get a headstart. Also - keep at the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Heyes wrote:
    • To never judge someone solely on meeting them once
    • Get up off your arse and keep healthy
    • Never to believe someones better than you, cause there not, nobody has a right to think someones better than them
    • Take Risks

Very good ones.:)

I'd add "Learn as much as you can....grasshoppa. Read and stay away from the goggle-box.":)

Ok advice I would say to myself at 17
    (has actually been said to me ...surprise surprise :eek: ...and I consider it great advice):)

keep my private life private, there are bad people out there, who will hear what you have to say and then judge you and speak badly about you.

I would tell me not to **** on my own doorstep - in other words, do not go off with the boy next door, across the road, brothers best mate, best mates brother, cousins ex, etc.
    I would tell me that drama aint all its cracked up to be, and eventually, it will wear me down
    I would have said don't drink so much as it will add ten pound's and then eventually another few more and the size 10 figure will be gone
    I would have said move out of the family asap despite college etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

do not go off with the boy next door, across the road, brothers best mate, best mates brother, cousins ex, etc.

Busy week? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

At about 14-16

I would tell myself to **** all the begrudgers and naysayers, pay no attention to any of them, because by the time your in your 20's you will be in a position far better than any of them ever could be.

Get out and exercise more, that way I wont have to work so hard at it now.

Believe in yourself becasue you will get to where you want to be.

Also Never Listen to rumours, certainly dont believe in them, because its cartain that in due time some of those rumours will be about you.

Advertisement