Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunner airsoft

Options
  • 10-12-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ordered from gunnerairsoft.com? Because I need to know how much shipping is, seeing as there prices are so low I'm thinking of ordering but only if shipping is reasonable. Also, if someone could recommend what guns are the best for under $60. I already have the glock18 so don't suggest that! I'm thinking an AEG as I've never had one. Help badly needed! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As i mentioned a second ago in a different thread (!) gunnerairsoft are clones. They might or might not be as good as TMs. Especially when it comes to AEGs. We should all know when Scope gets his M14.

As a main gun I'd still stick with Tokyo Marui. Maybe get a Gunner as a gun to build out an armoury or something. to get a gun you wouldnt be willing to pay TM prices for but still want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

If ya browse his site and find out what weight the package your ordering is then go2 the shipping and tracking link on the left type in the weight and divide it by 7.3 then thats pretty much what it will cost give or take 3$.
    Their are alot of good clones on taht site , generraly he only sells the good ones. The cyma ak47[its fake wood is better then marui] and ak74, The new JG guns are all good but most are 350fps or more so need a downgrade like mine,

**** just noticed he updated his site, The Jg MP5sd6 is the one ive ordered.
    Though the m14 and m16a3 or what i do be dreaming about [done up with a scope and tightbarrel of course :D ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Gunner's is quite good for P&P costs. I ordered 3 AK74M's from Fung (the owner) the P&P was 160 Euro, for 3 large guns that's very good. If you're looking for a rifle for around 60 I'd go with the CYMA 028 AK 47 or AK 47S (folding stock)

The 028 performs around the same level as the TM AK47 and the fake wooden furniture is more convincing then the TM version. The hop up is a bit inferior but Fung will fit an Element hop up chamber for a bit more cost. That being said the CYMA 031 AK74M has a much improved hop up and would probably work out cheaper, it's $85. I don't know what king of AEG you are looking for, the AK74m is a very long rifle so it won't be any good for CQB.

The CYMA AK's will take Tokyo Marui, G&P and Star magazines so you have a lot of options with them. The new G36C clone is a TM copy, it will take TM and Star mags too. Fung only has a few at the moment though. The full metal G3 SG1 won't take TM or Star mags, I'd steer clear of it.

Don't be to worried about picking up a CYMA, anything from the 027 (Mp5) and later is decent and getting better, the 031 is by far the best yet, metal outer barrel, front site block, gas vent, trigger and guard, rear sight and upper receiver. The lower receiver is ABS plastic (you can get an Element metal lower receiver for about 20 Euro) This gun is rock solid. Fires 310-320 fps out of the box ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Thanks for all the help. Im thinking about the R5 though I'm not sure. Its $68 and only 3.5kg so shipping shouldnt be too bad, and it has 300fps. By the way, do all these guns come with battery and charger etc? Cause I still feel like there has to be a catch. And, I take it Im supposed to order through air mail?? Will it be here by Christmas?

The CYMA mp5 which is right above it is a much better and cheaper gun ,Its rate of fire is only 9-10 shots a second which for an AEG is nothing special but its much more reliable and its mag is better then the r5.

Have a look here theirs some good reviews of alot of these guns and should help ya decide whats right for you
    http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?topic=10854.0

and heres another good source
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=81656

as for getting it before christmas well thats going be tight methinks :( after you submit your order the best way to get in touch with Fung is on msn he's on at about 5 in the morning some nights [hong kong time] so whatever that is in GMT would be a good time try and catch him. Oh ya you can either have it posted by EMS speedpost which is faster and gives ya some chance of making it before christmas but may well incur parcel farce charges :rolleyes: or ya can go Hong Kong airmail which is cheaper takes longer and apparantly has a lesser chance of incurring more charges though i dont know if tahts true.
    Good luck with your pondering ;)

• Advertisement

I think I might buy the CM027J that you suggested. I always loved the looks of the mp5s anyway plus its only $58! Does it come with battery, charger etc.? I'll order it through speedpost (do i click on the first option or do I click 5kg multipack?), anything to get it here before Christmas. Do I have to talk to him before I order, or can I not just order it off the site and take it that he'll ship the next day? And are you just talking about customs? I dont mind paying that if it means i get it by xmas morning!

Fiach dubh, when you ordered from him, how long did it take for your guns to arrive? Cheers for all the help

Master of the Universe

Am i right in saying that a lot of CYMA guns have to be rewired to function properly? They're great for the price. But I dunno, comparing them to a TM? Hmmm. I really have to get one and make some comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

hmm my CM031 wiring is fine, i think their was something about rewiring some cyma but that was so they could use 9.6volt batterys in them.

Master of the Universe

Just a quote about CYMA from wikipedia if anyone is interested;

As mentioned before, the latest releases by CYMA have been okay, but compared to other airsoft gun companies, they have major issues. Most experienced airsofters tend to hate CYMA for their horrible track record, and their guns still are bleow that of Tokyo Marui or Classic Army

* These issues are: The barrel is very un-reliable, and is made out of cheap metal, and to replace it you have to get a completely new hopup system, and the magazines for the gun do not feed well. THe internals have cheaper plastics in them, and to upgrade the gun, you have to get a ton of internal parts: spring guide, spring, bushings, shims, piston, piston head, cylinder head,spring guide, tappet plate. The batteries that come with the gun, are of low quality, you will have to replace that to. After just the magazine, battery, barrel and hopup this will cost more than a Tokyo Marui, but it will have less quality internally and externally.

* The first of these releases was the mp5j, named the CM.027J by CYMA. This gun fired at around 280 fps (with 0.2g bb pellets) but lacked high quality plastics, gearbox and barrel metals, and (as with all mp5s) barrel length, making it a relatively poor and inaccurate Airsoft gun. however, the gun should not be dismissed as a waste of money, the motor churns out around 700 rounds per minute, but stil is mediocre CYMA quality.

* Along with the CM.027 came the CM.028. The CM.028 is a direct clone of the Tokyo Marui AK47, it uses a 450mm barrel combined with the same motor as the mp5j, resulting in a more accurate AEG, but the barrel is a cheap one, so it is still not very accurate. Sadly it uses cheap metals and plastics, so it rattles and feels cheap. Also released was a metal foldable stock version, a direct copy of TM's AK47s, and unsurprisiingly called the CM.028s.

* Some time after these two releases CYMA made a copy of the TM G18c, called the CM.030, it was not that good, it didn't come close to the Tokyo Marui, and all experienced airsofters tend to hate CYMA..

* Around 2 or 3 years after the 027 and 028 CYMA released the CM.031, clone of Classic Army's SLR-105 (itself a replica of a civilian, US/Romanian made AK-74 copy under the same designation). Still not much is known about this model except that it is still mediocre, and below that of a marui.

Master of the Universe

How very anti CYMA...still though. some useful information in there

• Advertisement

hmm my CM031 wiring is fine, i think their was something about rewiring some cyma but that was so they could use 9.6volt batterys in them.

That's the gun I've ordered. Did u get yours off gunnerairsoft? How long did it take to arrive? And whats the guns performance like? I ordered the gun, but it only asked for my billing address, nothing about a payment at all. I emailed him to see how do I pay but hes supposed to be very busy and may take ages to reply. Do I have to get an email off him before I can pay or whats the story?

Also, that review of the Glock18c seemed very harsh, I have it and it performed very well IMO (its broke now though :o ) but then again I may not be trustworthy as it was my first gun!

Master of the Universe

I thought it was a bit harsh myself. That CYMA glock is meant to be quite good. I'm not sure how reliable that information is seeing as the person who wrote it seems to totally hate CYMA. Although, I'm sure its not all made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

he quoted that from wikipedia (a website)

yeah i got it from gunner it took 2-3weeks for delivery, but i got the hopup done on it. The barrel is brass, from what i can see, i'll have to strip it down some day to have a look. Performance is very good 50+meters and accurate.

To pay for it you should wait for him to send a paypal request but the last 2 times i tried and didnt get a reply,he is very busy. ITS ALL SCOPE FAULT :P

That review is very anti-Cyma, the glock is suppose to be alot better than the TM with a few tweeks. The new v3 gearbox (could be v2)is in most of the new CYMA guns.

From what ive read the 027 need barrel&hopup. 028 barrel&hopup. the 031 just needs the hopup.

The Full Metal M4A1 i got just needed the hopup rubber replacing it fires well over 55+meters now only thing is the rear site is abit iffy.

[EDIT]Oh and MoneyMan if you want we could meet up one day in town and compare guns ;p

that mp5 's barrel is its main weakpoint [newer batch's have improved whatever flaws wikipidia was spowting about :rolleyes:]. ive never found anyone say the were even slightly disapointed with the cyma glock [it does have less trademarks but sure what does that matter my sexed up beretta says "read instuctions manual" on the side :rolleyes: .
    Unfortunetly theirs not a chance taht he'll deliver next day :( i paid about 4 days ago and itl hopefully be tomorrow when he delivers it.

You should commit to buy on his site and you wil get an email within 2-3 days saying how much it costs and then just keep looking for him in MSN

oh btw Moneyman that AK74 you ordered is an excellent choice if not the best as im sure Realeyes will tell ya.

Master of the Universe

I'm looking forward to hearing about these mp5s. I'd never bother with a TM one as I'm not *that* interested in it. But I couldnt say no to a decent cheap one

itl be excellent you'l see ;)

Master of the Universe

We'll its gonna outrange my Famas anyway. How irritating is that? lol

dunno about that, the barrels would be hugely different and i dont know what your hop up is like but it might be better, Its for close range i want her anyway the shoty's more then capable of keeping that french thing away from me ;)

Master of the Universe

LOL funny stuff.

Will it be able to silence the wrath of the Mac though? bah, who am I kidding, I'll hit myself with a damn rogue ejection port bb.

• Advertisement

ya that would be awfull funny, theirs you aiming the ejector port at me to have a better chance of hitting me :p down to the old relaible BB knives methinks

Master of the Universe

Actually, I remember some guy over on ASI asking if he would be allowed join a skirmish with just a rubber knife. Was laughed at repeatedly and then told no if my memory serves me correctly.

ya i remeber that aswell :rolleyes: eegit, would be funny though

yeah i got it from gunner it took 2-3weeks for delivery, but i got the hopup done on it. The barrel is brass, from what i can see, i'll have to strip it down some day to have a look. Performance is very good 50+meters and accurate.

To pay for it you should wait for him to send a paypal request but the last 2 times i tried and didnt get a reply,he is very busy. ITS ALL SCOPE FAULT :P

That review is very anti-Cyma, the glock is suppose to be alot better than the TM with a few tweeks. The new v3 gearbox (could be v2)is in most of the new CYMA guns.

From what ive read the 027 need barrel&hopup. 028 barrel&hopup. the 031 just needs the hopup.

The Full Metal M4A1 i got just needed the hopup rubber replacing it fires well over 55+meters now only thing is the rear site is abit iffy.

[EDIT]Oh and MoneyMan if you want we could meet up one day in town and compare guns ;p

Did it take longer cause of the hop-up, is that why it took so long? did u use speedpost or normal? please say normail cause if u used speedpost then theres no hope of it getting here by Christmas since we haven't even payed yet (waiting for him to email us to tell us how).

Realeyes, does it come with battery, charger etc.?

i paid for mine 3-4 days ago and he still has to post it, and apparantly thats the norm :( . As far as i know they all come with batterys and chargers

i paid for mine 3-4 days ago and he still has to post it, and apparantly thats the norm :( . As far as i know they all come with batterys and chargers

That sucks. did u pay for speedpost? did u have to wait for him to email u before u could pay? And did he say how long it would take once posted?

Ya i paid for speedpost [its only a little bit more expensive] i found him on msn and ordered from their then paid him the total amount and he said he'd probably post monday [yesterday that is :rolleyes: ] so alls i do now is wait. he has to downgrade mine though so that might slow the process down a bit but if you order of the sight yous hould get an invoice in a few days if not ya gotta do it again, But try and catch him on msn if ya can

Quote:
    Originally Posted by
    i paid for mine 3-4 days ago and he still has to post it, and apparently thats the norm . As far as i know they all come with battery's and chargers

Well i got mine before he got the m14 and that so he wasn't this busy at that time.
    That sucks. did u pay for speedpost? did u have to wait for him to email u before u could pay? And did he say how long it would take once posted?

Go for the speedpost thats what i went for. the upgrade he did on a sunday and shipped on monday.

So how long did it take to come? I doubt ill have it by Xmas but Im hoping ill have it by 2/3 of Jan. The annoying part is that i havent even payed yet!

• Advertisement

once i got the email with shipping cost and sent payment it took a week and a half i think. but with him been busy plus it coming up to xmas id say 2-3weeks.

Advertisement