Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray-on condoms

Options
  • 06-12-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭

So the spray-on condom is around the corner. Testers are now being sought. (Their English version of the site got a little lost in translation)

Can you see this replacing the traditional condom?

Me, I can't. Can't see people carrying these around in their pockets. Could you imagine after a drunken night trying to spray the target - and more likely getting it on fingers, legs and whatever else!

Will spray-on condoms replace traditional condoms? 52 votes

Yes, they will be huge
    0% 0 votes
    No, they will be a flop
    21% 11 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    78% 41 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is that site taking the mickey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For some reason reminded me of the class Troma film about the Killer condoms. Great movie.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

ha, unplanned pregnancy a gogo!
    yeah i suppose its a good idea if treated right and it works..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Rabies wrote:

It's for real. Do a google news search!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

jester77 wrote:
    Could you imagine after a drunken night trying to spray the target - and more likely getting it on fingers, legs and whatever else!

Was reading this in the paper and thinking the same thing.

'Aaaahh its in me bleedin eye!!'

It just doesn't seem right though.
    We the Institute for Condom Consultancy...

LOLOLOL - thats such a makey-uppy name :D

Male Pill ftw!
    Rabies wrote:

As long as they put it back it'll be grand ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jester77 wrote:
    Could you imagine after a drunken night trying to spray the target - and more likely getting it on fingers, legs and whatever else!
    Be slightly difficult with the application in devleopment.
    Our team is developing a type of spray can into which the man inserts his penis first. At the push of a button it is then coated in a rubber condom. It works by spraying on latex from nozzles on all sides. We call it the '360 degree procedure' -- once round and from top to bottom. It's a bit like a car wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Sounds like they'd be a real pain to get off again. Also wouldnt they be very restricting for any "Growers" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

c - 13 wrote:
    Sounds like they'd be a real pain to get off again. Also wouldnt they be very restricting for any "Growers" ?

I suppose you're only meant to use it when you have an erection, though try remembering that when you're drunk, *OUCH*. Also try getting that stuff out of your pubes, could be giving yourself an unwanted wax job

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Spray on latex takes hours to harden to normal rubber. If vulcanisation is involved this would of course speed this process up. I only know of two processes which would vulcanise the rubber this fast. Heat or acid spray or both. I do not think I would volunteer to test this process......

suppose they could do some wierd stuff with it? i imagine they could make one thats totally flouresant...glow in the dark condom FTW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

They already have glow in the dark condoms...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

YESSS!!!
    i was looking for inspiration as what to get loved ones for xmas.....thanx man!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

You could call your child 'Missedaspot'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Binomate wrote:
    You could call your child 'Missedaspot'.
    :D

Sounds ridiculous, it'll never catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There was a femidom version of this launched a while back.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/21/china_liquid_condom/

While it seems like a good idea and it means men no longer struggling iwth ill fiting condoms that are the wrong size I would be concerned as liquid laytex does not have a lot of give in it.

The spray on condom will not have have spermside in it and it will not have a resivore for the ammount of ejaculate that can some shooting out with quiet a bit of considerible force.

They won't be ribbed either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Oh, Home Adult Sales Parties will never be the same!
    Imagine the demonstration! Heh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Thaedydal wrote:
    it will not have a resivore for the ammount of ejaculate that can some shooting out with quiet a bit of considerible force.

You're right Thaed, in my case it would need a pretty big resivore.

But on the other hand think of how important this discovery is... You could spray peoples heads with liquid condoms while they're asleep. Or if they change the channel on the TV. Or just pretty much for any reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭letterman

And don't forget, you only shake the can before application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

I'd rather have 29 children than use a spray on condom... although might come in handy on people you dont want to listen to.... just spray on their head :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm so trying it out. Then we shall see.

and think of the random mobile phone condomings in the pub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

i think the female version mentioned in the article could be a real seller. If like the article says, there's an arousing affect :) then it could be incorporated into foreplay! And no condoms for us guys to wear, everyone's a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

vorbis wrote:
    i think the female version mentioned in the article could be a real seller. If like the article says, there's an arousing affect :) then it could be incorporated into foreplay! And no condoms for us guys to wear, everyone's a winner!
    Femidoms are horrible though, from a male point of view anyway. It's like making love to a bin bag.

I'm much rather see spray on bikinis like the one Amy had in Futurama.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

yeah. and make them edible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Thaedydal wrote:

The spray on condom will not have have spermside in it and it will not have a resivore for the ammount of ejaculate that can some shooting out with quiet a bit of considerible force.

The image at the point of ejaculation of one of these things flying off with the force of it is quite interesting, peeling it off a wall or finding it is completely lost inside could be worrying.. but at least the fella wouldnt be blown back across the room with the force :)
    Thaedydal wrote:
    They won't be ribbed either.

Perhaps you could put some of theose little elastic bands around itfirst :D

Mind you considering i soprayed myselkf in the face with shaving foam this morning... i would probably end up suffocating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Femidoms are horrible though, from a male point of view anyway. It's like making love to a bin bag.

I'm much rather see spray on bikinis like the one Amy had in Futurama.

I like!
    Regarding bin bags, I've yet to incorporate them into my bedroom activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Are the poll answers supposed to be innuendos or is that just me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bluto63 wrote:
    Are the poll answers supposed to be innuendos or is that just me?
    I'd say they are, yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Cue lightsaber sound effects.

Advertisement