Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its not a joke! Tornado warning today

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sorry! I was practicing my tornado kick...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

My bedroom is in the attic and I'm just waiting for the window to get ripped off the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

The wind here is mad, been bad since i got up at 10.30.

Haven't tried chorus yet but chances are it wont work... it never does!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you're in a house with three little pigs in it, take my advice and get out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

piffle! i have christmas shopping to do and stiff breeze isnt going to deter me, city centre brace yourself, i'm a coming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

kilkenny is sunny now, no wind etc:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

Bambi wrote:
    piffle! i have christmas shopping to do and stiff breeze isnt going to deter me, city centre brace yourself, i'm a coming!

go with the wind Bambi..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

It's feckin dangerous outside.

I just saw the TV ariel crash down from the house across the road. It was one of those old-fashioned 4-foot long metal directional ariels - it came off the supporting mast and was swinging around by the co-ax cable for about 10 minutes before it came crashing down from a height of about 60 foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pffft, what an anti-climax. The only thing the wind did was blow over my dogs kennel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The fence around my house was completely blown down, and a rather expensive outdoor table smashed to bits. My garden is now covered in glass. Dunno about anywhere else mind, but the wind was certainly pretty bad in Galway, particularly this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pretty bad today, tbh. Not as bad as the time there actually was a tornado in Cavan mind you... But close!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Most overhyped storm ever.

Winds were a bit strong, that's about it. South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Ha! Amatures!
    Tornadoes rip through Wisconsin on a regular basis! (but never this time of year). And unlike the Southern United States, we don't whinge to the Gov't to send us money to rebuild. We strong-arm the insurance agencies for what we can get and rebuild out of pocket.

I could tell you some VERY cool Tornado stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

HavoK wrote:
    the wind was certainly pretty bad in Galway, particularly this morning.

Yeah, it was nuts! Drove down to the prom in Salthill to take a look at the sea and my car was rocking back and forth like crazy. People were walking at funny angles into the wind. Quite a sight to behold.

Advertisement