Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its not a joke! Tornado warning today

Options
  • 03-12-2006 1:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

This is unheard of for an F2+ tornado warning in Ireland. If in the unlikely event you happen to see one let us know on the weather forum. We expect damaging winds in most places tomorrow but this would be extraordinary. Also if a tornado where to strike where should it hit and why?:D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=storms;type=esto;sess=

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Bertie's house xD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

its bloodly windy already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

dead link...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Anywhere but Cork would be nice.:)

Also dead link.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

kdouglas wrote:
    dead link...
    click 'here' when you click the link...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

My house is gone so:(

cardboard box:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

darkman2 wrote:
    click 'here' when you click the link...;)

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Already discussed in would-you-believe-it?! Weather

*sigh* re-opened by request. I expect the usual AH standard! *shakes fist*
    Raise the bar and so help me gawd...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ohh better pack a bag for a visit to Oz then....

*hugs Toto*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thats a UK only website.

yeah Karoma cos people who post in AH actually read other forums, ban them all tbh................

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

http://www.estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showforecast.cgi?listvalid=yes

In case people are too lazy to look for themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

does anyone know where in the country the warning applies too?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

EVERYWHERE! IT'S TEH END OF TEH WURRLD! - To paraphrase / predict Weathercheck :p

DaBreno wrote:
    does anyone know where in the country the warning applies too?

Generally the Northern half of the country inc - Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

That shack of mine needs to be knocked down, then I'll pick up the insurance money. .o/

edit: balleex, probably not covered for tha. :(

Senritsu wrote:
    Bertie's house xD

I knew someone would say that!:D

Next was my house!

The 3rd was the dail with all td's in it:D

Karoma wrote:
    Already discussed in would-you-believe-it?! Weather

The nerve of those guys. Just who do they think they are?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ruu wrote:

lol. Ruus gaf is in for a good rippin'

In related news: 3 slates have come off my roof. Time to call the roofer on Monday. I have a feeling he will be busy somehow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm in work tomorrow so hopefully the whole place will be blown away during the night :D

Ruu wrote:
    That shack of mine needs to be knocked down, then I'll pick up the insurance money. .o/

Ruu you live in a shed, I never knew.......

This warning is not for NA BTW:D :)

• Advertisement

Ive had enough of these high winds. I have no Sky T.V. because it blew a cable loose and no-one will fix it until monday.

Had to use an indoor arial to watch the late late toy show last night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

thrill wrote:
    Ive had enough of these high winds. I have no Sky T.V. because it blew a cable loose and no-one will fix it until monday.

Had to use an indoor arial to watch the late late toy show last night.
    Maybe the winds were trying to do you a favor :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ha ha. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

darkman2 wrote:
    Ruu you live in a shed, I never knew.......

This warning is not for NA BTW:D :)

Its next to the stack of Dell boxes you have. The one you told me was a "penthouse". :)

Ruu wrote:
    Its next to the stack of Dell boxes you have. The one you told me was a "penthouse". :)

Oh yeah just before your box was moved to America! I stll have my 'penthouse';) :D it overlooks sheriffs str

At this time, a low-level wind maximum of near 40 m/s at 850 hPa should cross Ireland simultaneously. Wind gusts of near that speed appear possible at the surface as well. Given that anticipated values of 0-1 km SRH around 300 m2/s2 are advertised by the 12Z GFS run, and the overall strong shear, it appears that a few tornadoes may occur as well. This will, however, strongly depend on the hard-to-forecast quantity of buoyancy in the lowest few kilometres of the troposphere. If tornadoes occur, the extreme low-level shear suggests that they may be strong, F2+. The trough should move into Ireland around 9:00 UTC and should reach northern England, Wales and southwestern Scotland approximately at 15:00 UTC, before gradually decaying during the evening as it moves further east. The main threat of severe and extremely severe winds warrants at least a level 2. If low-level winds turn out to be even stronger than currently forecast, an upgrade to level 3 may be issued

BE AFRAID!!!!!

A Simpsons quote springs to mind:

"Do feel that the time has come for our viewers to crack open the skulls of their neighbours and feast on the goo inside?"

"Yes, I would, Kent."

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Pffffffffft F2??? Surely our sturdy brick houses, built by the consciencious and quality motivated Irish Construction industry can withstand that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

DaBreno wrote:
    Pffffffffft F2??? Surely our sturdy brick houses, built by the consciencious and quality motivated Irish Construction industry can withstand that!

:D don't be so sure. check on the quality of materials used.haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

KdjaCL wrote:
    yeah Karoma cos people who post in AH actually read other forums, ban them all tbh................
    Maybe Karmona might explode with the 'what forum to move this thread into' paradox caused by someone mentioning having a personal issue caused by the weather affecting their motorised satellite dish.

Cannot compute....CANNOT COMPUTE...ERROR!....ERROR! *sound of a explosion followed by the sound of squishy guts sliding down a wall*

Advertisement