Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wanted to share...

Options
  • 29-11-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

funny story:
    last night i took in my washing from the line and shoved socks, boxers etc into theyre usual drawer.
    thought nothing of it and went to sleep.
    get up this morning and put on clean, fresh boxers.
    feel sudden sharp pain in man-zone.
    think to myself "damn their must have been a twig or something in them boxers".
    quickly move to remove whatever pointy thing is causing the disturbance.
    but the pain escalates and i start shouting.
    pull off boxers in man-agony and what do i see?
    a poxy little wasp stinging me in the nuts.

what a great start to the day.
    just thought id share that with you as even the doctor thought it was pretty funny.
    if anyone from work is reading this, ill be in on monday and you can have a good laugh then...

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

ouchy! If I was that wasp I'd have done the same, packing me into your boxers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I'm making a mental note to shake all pairs of boxer shorts before attempting to wear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Its good to share. I wore boxers once too :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Almost exactly the thing happened to my housemate just last week! He took his clothes off the line and put them away, only he luckily discovered the wasp seconds before he put on his boxers (it fell onto the floor all sleepy and he squished it with a book). This time of year the queen wasps look for somewhere to sleep for the winter so maybe the trend this year is male underwear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Kinda similar thing happened to me a few years ago although there was
    no stinging or pain involved.

I was living in Australia and after taking clothes out of the washing machine
    I left them on a clothes horse on the balcony to dry. Got up for work early
    next morning, grabbed trousers off the horse and was just putting my leg
    in when a massive huntsman spider crawled from out of the leg and up my arm!

Never mind a brick, I nearly sh!t a house :eek:
    Even though they're harmless, the size of the fcuker frightened the bejaysus
    outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

a feckin wasp stung me above the fun zone and below the belly, the bastard was hiding in my jeans:mad: why dont i ever find Gráinne Seoige hiding in my trousers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hahaha thats a quality story, I always shake my clothes out before I put them on for exactly this reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I always shake my clothes out before I put them on for exactly this reason...
    this is the kind of thing that needs to be taught in school
    i learned my lesson, now i just need to spread the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Jaysas sure why would you be hanging out your clothes in this weather anyways?

• Advertisement

Jaysas sure why would you be hanging out your clothes in this weather anyways?
    dont like tumble dryers

Man agony.. that different to other agony?

But still... youch! Ive stood on bees before but that mustve sucked

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

To bee or not to bee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I once found one of those HUGE beetles in one of my slippers before.
    Put my foot into my right slipper and heard and felt a crunch (had no idea what it could be), so i took it off and tilted it over to empty it of its contents only to find a dying beetle in there, the underside of it had little maggots moving (baby beetles?).
    UGH im getting shivers just thinking about it.
    Worst morning EVER!

BossArky wrote:
    To bee or not to bee

That just buzzed me right up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

/tears in my eyes

Man, that's a bad start to a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

did your balls enlarge in a hillarious way or are you not allergic to wasp stings?

my worst morning involved walking onto a decapitated rat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Yeah I had a yellow mini on before and a wasp landed on it, I sat down and it stung me . I couldnt sit down for an hour or so after that. It was very painful!

I was in the middle of a pub and I had to get my friend to pull the sting out. Thats was very embarrasing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Katykaboom wrote:
    Yeah I had a yellow mini on before
    Teh car??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I often found earwigs in my clothes after taking them out of the dryer (some clothes still be damp after being on the line) but of course they would be well cooked by then. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

I'm having areally sh1tty day but at least I can console myself that I wasn't stung in the mebs by a wasp.

You have my deepest symp.... hahahaha sorry that slipped out... athy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Katykaboom

Mirror wrote:
    Teh car??

Yes. Yes it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Since being in the States, I have discovered that WASP has another meaning. And I'm sure you would not want one of them in your pants either!*

*Unless she was cute.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    did your balls enlarge in a hillarious way or are you not allergic to wasp stings?

my worst morning involved walking onto a decapitated rat
    not allergic, but the doctor gave me a nice shot of cortizone [sp?] just in case.
    that hurt like **** and took my mind off the downstairs pain for a while.

lefty is currently about twice the size of righty for anyone that needs more detail...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Man agony.. that different to other agony?

But still... youch! Ive stood on bees before but that mustve sucked

It stung and then sucked?? :eek::eek:

Pain and pleasure. What a morning.

thrill wrote:
    It stung and then sucked?? :eek::eek:

Pain and pleasure. What a morning.
    to clarify, the wasp did not perform oral sex on me at any time...

to boneyarsebogman, your name suggests that you are a man.
    all men have at one point in time been subject to a a shot* in the goolies.
    this is known as man-agony and is different to any other type of agony.

*shot can refer to, but is not limited, to any of the following - football, tennis ball, foot, rock, bicycle crossbar, branch of tree, etc, etc

oh. Man agony.. yes, Ive felt that many times.. bugger

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

brilliant (obvisiouly not for you) but it made me laugh out loud, having a ****ty day - thanks for the smile :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hah, this has brightened my day!
    This is why I never wear clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Its at least why I never wear boxers!

Advertisement