Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother Microwaves her baby to death

Options
  • 29-11-2006 5:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Another in a long line of embarrassing american news....

More than 15 months after a baby died, the mother has been arrested for murder. China Arnold is charged with aggravated murder in the death of her 28 day old daughter, Paris.

Grown over and neglected, Paris Talley's grave marker explains only a fraction of the baby's short and tragic life. Her death certificate, filed a month and a half after her August 2005 death, tells the rest. Homicide by hypothermia and thermal injury.

At the time, 26-year-old China Arnold denied involvement in Paris' death. But now investigators tell 2News they believe Arnold microwaved her infant daughter to death.

Both Arnold and Paris' father, Terrell Talley were both taken in for questioning by Dayton police after they brought Paris' lifeless body to Children's Medical Center on August 30th last year. Detectives booked Arnold into jail on a child endangering charge. She was released two days later after prosecutors failed to press charges.

Now, 15 months later, prosecutors want another chance. On Wednesday they filed an aggravated murder charge against Arnold.

http://www.wdtn.com/microwave.html

I'm sure George Bush is to blame for all of this....and guns

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Oh, Man. That is just sick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thats shocking, i didnt think humans could go that low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

admiralgar wrote:
    thats shocking, i didnt think humans could go that low
    did you hear the story last month about the woman that beat her husband with her infant? i guess the only way to top that was to microwave one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Horrible story, put them both away for life or bring back public floggings. Sometimes I am ashamed to be human, disgusting.

pvt. joker wrote:
    did you hear the story last month about the woman that beat her husband with her infant? i guess the only way to top that was to microwave one

i shouldnt have read that, im a chef and use microwaves every day. to say im shocked is an understatement, a microwave sets off tiny nuclear bombs inside whatever is inside to literally cook it.
    they should get the death penalty

• Advertisement

admiralgar wrote:
    i shouldnt have read that, im a chef and use microwaves every day. to say im shocked is an understatement, a microwave sets off tiny nuclear bombs inside whatever is inside to literally cook it.
    they should get the death penalty

vibrating water molecules until they heat up = bad news.

Does Ohio have the death penalty?
    Electric chair?

They ought to be punnished in close to the same manner.
    Some people just should not breed.

Lust4Life wrote:
    Does Ohio have the death penalty?
    Electric chair?

They ought to be punnished in close to the same manner.
    Some people just should not breed.

Ohio does indeed have the death penalty...
    http://www.ohiodeathrow.com/

i'm one of the proponents of having the death penalty equal what you did to warrant it. This "woman" should be microwaved herself, on high power.

pvt. joker wrote:
    Ohio does indeed have the death penalty...
    http://www.ohiodeathrow.com/

i'm one of the proponents of having the death penalty equal what you did to warrant it. This "woman" should be microwaved herself, on high power.

high power would be too quick, slow cook the bastards

admiralgar wrote:
    high power would be too quick, slow cook the bastards

"defrost poultry" mode perhaps

• Advertisement

I am for the death penalty in cases such as this.
    Killing a helpless infant or child is unforgiveable.

It's the cases where they put an 18 year old on death row for 15 years and then decide it is time to fry them that I have a problem with. They are likely not the same person they were at that stage in their life.
    Do it quickly if you must. Don't let them linger.
    Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Is 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty' A Lost Principle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

And to think that the Americans consider themselves to be the most superior nation in the world. Despiccable. Just despiccable. At least they charged the demented woman. Hope justice is served.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

pvt. joker wrote:
    Another in a long line of embarrassing american news....

I'm sure George Bush is to blame for all of this....and guns
    What? Such things as this are tragic and disturbing, but I fail to see how the OP's introductory sentence or the concluding one help us to understand why such things happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

That is disgusting, although can anyone tell me, assuming the woman had post natal depression, will they actually be able to charge the mother with the murder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I am against the death penalty point blank. It is neither a deterrant nor a solution to situations. As this report says nothing of the situation we know nothing of what may have happened. Bear in mind that the US have carried out state murder on people with the mental age of pre teens.
    It comes down to whether you want to prevent such behaviour or want to punish people for crimes. I personally want to see less crime so if it can be proved the death penality works I might be in favour. The sad truth is in some US states a black man awaiting execution will out live the average age of a blackman outside of prision. Addressing the social issues would make more sense to me.
    Don't foreget to enter the EU a country must abolish the death penalty.

This case sounds a little strange as their is mention of the child suffering from cold or exposure. I can only guess that mother was trying to warm the child. Now is she mentally ill, mentally challanged or a junkie certainly comes to mind. Before people go on about nobody being that stupid we are not talking about your average person but the people at the lowest ends of society.

On a similar note

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?storyid=2006-11-24T213348Z_01_N24370889_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-CANADA-BABY.XML
    If the child died I do not think the death penalty would be suitable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Probably on crack or something.. Dirty bast*rds, I hope they rot in hell.. 28 days old :o poor little thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Disgusting story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Jesus ****ing christ both those stories are horrible :(
    I find it amazing in this day and age that you have to have a licence to own a dog, but any ****ing moron can have a child. :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

What? Such things as this are tragic and disturbing, but I fail to see how the OP's introductory sentence or the concluding one help us to understand why such things happen.
    He was being sardonic, this is the typical boards.ie AH response. All bad Americans lead to Bush

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Both parents deny it - and the blame seems to be hinted at the babysitter according to a BBCNews article;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6193964.stm
    Ms Arnold claims that the night before the baby was taken to hospital she had been left for a short time with a babysitter.

Ms Arnold says that neither she nor the baby's father suspected that there was anything wrong with the child until she was found unconscious the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The investigation proved tricky because "there is not a lot of scientific research and data on the effect of microwaves on human beings," according to Mr Betz.
    I should hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Actually I'd hope there would be, as most of us are routinely exposed to microwaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I don't know if these people are actually sadistic killers or just extremely stupid and uninformed snd/or insane. If the latter two, these cases show that there's definitely need for more support from social services for new parents.

i was being sarcastic since most things posted here about america are blamed on either, or, or both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Horizen

some woman are mad
    On the 7th of November 2006, Rosa Camargos, 25, decapitated her two young children (6-year-old boy and 1½ yo girl) with an angle grinder
    I'd post pictures but there are probably rules against that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

admiralgar wrote:
    a microwave sets off tiny nuclear bombs inside whatever is inside to literally cook it.

O_o Wtf?!
    Ohmigod, I'm so glad you don't have your finger on the goddamned button!

Anyway, I think I'll run with the old "You even need a licence just to own a dog..." argument. Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

there was another story like this recently

Here

A man put his kid in a freezer to cool her down cos he/she had a fever

He says he left the baby in for a while and the door was open, others say it was closed and the baby was left there overnight

sick fukks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We need a World Wide Wierd board.

From that freezer story above.
    Hardy, 21, who admitted to police that he had no real parenting skills to deal with a sick child, said he had noticed the girl was very hot and put a cool cloth on her face, but this had no effect.

He then carried the girl outside into the night air but, frustrated that this also did not work and worried she might drown if placed in a cold bath, he put the baby into the kitchen freezer. She was wearing only an undershirt.

Even the most shocking actions often have a 'rational' explanation behind them - tired, desperate and poorly educated parent does something stupid.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

that story is quite sickening,i`m speechless

Advertisement