Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Until You Follow Your Partner To Bed?

Options
  • 29-11-2006 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭

Just having a discussion with the missus tonight and we're at loggerheads with our different opinions and it was she who suggested I pose the question to you lot!

She's convinced that the majority of couples go to bed within a half hour of each other. If the lady goes at 10pm, then she reckons the bloke follows soon after.
    I don't believe this happens on the scale she believes. When she goes to bed (redicuously early sometimes I might add), it can be 3-4 hours before I follow. I think most guys go hours later than their other half.

Am I right?

How Long Does It Take You To Follow? 51 votes

I Go To Bed With My Partner At The Same Time
    0%
    I Go 30 Mins After They Do
    74%
    ShiminayOSiriSD-GenerateazezilDont be at yourselfThe SweeperNeMiSiScujimmySengoku79Suaimhneachjoe_chickenSullyAdamaniascorTar.AldarionmurfieGone Westikolkizzyrhelpme 38 votes
    I Go 1 Hour After Them
    9%
    super_furryRuu_OldB.Rubbleaodhusonners 5 votes
    I Go Hours Later Typically
    15%
    MrBigglesworth[Deleted User]siodaKTRICRoundyMooneyThe WalshoPrincess Consuela Bananahammockleex 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

You'll have a better marriage if you both go at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,164 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I Go Hours Later Typically
    eo980 wrote:
    Just having a discussion with the missus tonight and we're at loggerheads with our different opinions and it was she who suggested I pose the question to you lot!

She's convinced that the majority of couples go to bed within a half hour of each other. If the lady goes at 10pm, then she reckons the bloke follows soon after.
    I don't believe this happens on the scale she believes. When she goes to bed (redicuously early sometimes I might add), it can be 3-4 hours before I follow. I think most guys go hours later than their other half.

Am I right?

About half an hour to an hour, depending on what else has to be done, i.e. washing up, dogs let out, etc. That said, every time I get down there, she's still awake and reading or surfing on the laptop.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Lust4Life wrote:
    You'll have a better marriage if you both go at the same time.

Ahh ya can't be serious! I'm a late night person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I Go 1 Hour After Them
    We are both late night people (mini golf is open late, pool or 24 hour grub :) ) which suits me fine but if the wifeh goes ahead before me then I doesn't take long for me to follow, about 30 mins to an hour would be about right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I go at the same time, maybe it's all young love etc. etc. but I can't see myself living with her and sittin up for hours after! With the exception of her having gone to bed particularly early for a reason i.e. up early the next day.

• Advertisement

Hmnnnn so far it's not looking good for me, she might actually be right about this. Will have to see what the boardsters say about this tomorrow.

Ruu- do you ever get off boards? You always seem to be on all hours of the day!

I Go 1 Hour After Them
    Its only 10:15pm here, night is young. :)

Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy! Stay on subject! :p

Is the wife up too?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i usually follow her up a long time after she has gone to bed because i usually work nights, like right now. we both have the same 2 days off each week so we look forward to those nights if you catch my drift

I Go 1 Hour After Them
    Lust4Life wrote:
    Heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy! Stay on subject! :p

Is the wife up too?:D

Aye, Friends is on TBS (you probably have that channel). No more off topiceh *ban Ruu*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I go to bed 2-3 hours after my fiancee, I just do not tend to sleep as long as he does. It does mean that he often gets a very nice wake up call when I get to bed so it is not all bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Not much to look forward to? So many going to bed alone? Like ships in the night? Gosh, I like to cuddle, and cuddling with a pillow is just not the same thing as your lover. Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

We always go to bed together. Might watch TV or read in bed if one of us is not that tired. We always have a bit of a cuddle and ....... well you know :p
    We get up around the same time in the morning so I guess that helps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Myself and my boyfriend generally go to be at the same time or within 20 / 30mintues of the other going. Sometimes I go to bed about an hour earlier as I start work a good bit before him and a few evenings each month have meetings after work that don't start until 5.30pm and go on until 7.30 / 8.00 and then by the time I get home I'm wrecked.

We do get a massive cuddle and more when I get to bed and we always set our alarms 20 minutes early in the morning for more cuddles and more. He is so unbelievably cute first thing in the morning when he is waking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

depends what she's wearin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Pfft... Women follow me to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Totally depends on the situations of both parties. The people I know are generally late night people and deal with a lot of people in other parts of the world. This could be playing poker with Americans (more easy money, which when you play for a living obviously is a big thing) or whatever else. For example, my brother who plays poker online for a living had a late night session and his gf worked a 9-5 job. He was still up when his gf got up the next morning:p I know I've been up myself at 5am quite a lot talking to web developers and the like, people 8 hours behind and 8 hours ahead at the same time. Gets the whole project done much quicker rather than sending 1 email every 24 hours, you can have proper conversations about things.

I don't think it's a big deal really and if you have a good relationship wont make a difference. Obviously staying up reading The Cookoo's Nest or After hours when you could be in bed with your partner has deeper issues.

In my defense I have to say when she's going to bed I'll go and lie down with her for maybe 20-30mins and then I'll get back up and carry on with things. She has to get up at 7am for work and I can get up at 9am yet I get up each mornimng with her to spend that time with her.
    Still looks like I was wrong, alot of people go to bed at the same time!!! Damn bodyclock or whatever, it just doesn't want to go early!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Dont live with my partner, only stayed with her once (we dont live that far away anyway) and we went to bed at the same time pretty much.

In general, I would most likely go to bed at roughly the same time unless for some reason I couldnt. Geting up however, is a different matter. Im lazy in the mornings and while she is to - she finds it that bit easier to get up then me :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't live with the other half yet, but on holidays etc it takes her somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour to actually get ready for bed, so unless I'm tired, I generally don't go up until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Don't live with him yet but I do stay over ~3 times a week.
    Generally I'm not really tired until about 2am but as my boyfriend sometimes has to get up around 6:30 (depending on what shift he's on) he'll go to bed around 11:30. I don't like disturbing him a few hours later so I'll usually go to bed at the same time.

If I *really* can't sleep I'll go back out to the sitting room and watch tv for a while and try not to wake him up when I come back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

10pm??...... I can't remember the last time I went to bed before midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm single but I can definitely see this becoming an issue for me in the future, I'm almost never in bed before 12 and wouldn't usually sleep til 2am or so...

Sleepy wrote:
    I'm single but I can definitely see this becoming an issue for me in the future, I'm almost never in bed before 12 and wouldn't usually sleep til 2am or so...
    I must admit that I feel guilty sometimes that I sleep far less than my fiancee but you learn to live with it. I do try and go to bed at the same time as him 2 nights a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I usually go at the same time or within 20 mins, having washed up, put out bins etc. :)

On occassion I will stay up an hour or two later to read or watch a movie but not very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Kambika

I don't think it really matters that much? I go to bed earlier than my husband and he comes to bed whenever he is tired. During the week it is about an hour later and during the weekend sometimes 3 hours. He goes to bed at the same time as me maybe twice a week but only if I ask him to. It's really not a big deal, I need my 8 hours sleep, he doesn't :)

Oh, and then there's the snoring issue! If I'm not asleep first, I toss and turn from his snoring!

But that's probably a whole new thread.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Couldn't vote on that poll, because I go earlier than him...
    Sometimes we go at the same time, but mostly I go earlier.. I go pretty much every night at about 11.30, but he generally ends up staying up about a half an hour later playing the playstation or browsing the net.
    Doesn't bother me particularly, except for the fact I'm a really light sleeper, so always wake up when he walks in, no matter how quiet he is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

About 3 hours after her.. 'cos I don't have to be up until 10am next day.

Advertisement