Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i crazy? Or Shallow?

Options
  • 28-11-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK I'm driving myself crazy.

I met this girl a while back, beautiful girl, nicest girl i've ever met (personality wise) and she is very beautiful facialy aswell. Theres a tonne of guys who think she is amazing. I do too but she has a little bit of a behind on her if you know what i mean. No-body i know seems to notice it but i do.

Anyway, she's crazy about me. And has told me lots, i've been trying to reason with myself that she is gorgeous because she is but i just can't shake the whole backside thing.

Am i shallow or whats up with me???

Sorry, and i hope this doesn't offend anyone, it's a genuine issue for me.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

doneone wrote:
    but she has a little bit of a behind on her if you know what i mean. No-body i know seems to notice it but i do..

If this is your one and only issue with her and you are attracted to her in every other way, then yes, I would say you are shallow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Short Answer: Yes. You're crazy and shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Personally I would see it as a bonus.

You are asking if you choosing not to have a relationship with someone based on a single physical attribute is shallow? ... you already know the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    doneone wrote:
    i've been trying to reason with myself that she is gorgeous because she is but i just can't shake the whole backside thing

Large backside = more cushion for the pushin'!!:-)'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

tell her to get rid of it and if she gets upset and refuses shout 'its all you, you you isnt it!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Youre not shallow. Youre hollow.

You are in for some trouble in the future. Youll chase physical perfection. Might even get it. But what happens when she starts to sag or her bum gets big after kids? You going to leave?

Maybe nobody else notices her caboose because she has so much else going for her. Give yerself a wedgie and get on with it.

'
    Maccattack wrote:
    Youre not shallow. Youre hollow.

You are in for some trouble in the future. Youll chase physical perfection. Might even get it. But what happens when she starts to sag or her bum gets big after kids? You going to leave?

Maybe nobody else notices her caboose because she has so much else going for her. Give yerself a wedgie and get on with it.

Tell me about it.

She already has a young kid. But thats not an issue for me. She is fantastic is this girl. I'd like to say she has her head screwed on but she is crazy about me... so i can't really. I'm unstable, lazy, and a host of other things.

How do i get over this silly thing?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I suppose you've got a six-pack and a 10 inch dick have you? Hmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I doubt your the model of perfection yourself boss. So get over it and get on with it if shes a great girl then I don't see any cause for reluctance.

'Nicest girl you have ever met you say, and also beautiful, but you're less than keen? Your problem is simple, pure unbridled arrogance. If she's as nice as you say, it wouldn't work anyway because your opinion of yourself is too high to share your life with someone like that.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - I don't think that you are shallow. I think that you may have some sort of hang-up about the shape or size of this girl's behind. It's no big deal - we all have our likes/dislikes when it comes to physical attractiveness. (I find thick ankles a complete turn-off myself. Each to our own.)

It seems like you are letting your hang-up get in the way of what could be a great relationship with a cracking girl who likes you for who you are.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you obviously dont fancy her at all and are just with her because everyone else wants her ...........i say dump her and move on .........if you fancied her you wont even notice

'Shallow.

Are U a perfect creature or something.

Maybe she not like the length of your John Thomas.
    Then, you'll be back on here whinging about how
    your JT is only 9.5 inches and why can't it be
    11 !'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Personally I dont see why everyone is having a go at the OP. Some people like BMW's or Audi's and will drive nothing less. No one calls them shallow, so if a large áss turns him off, why point the finger and say shallow?

Everyone has a right to wanting perfection in a partner and to seek it out. Fair play to the ones who set the bar really high as opposed to the ones who settle on second best is what I say.

To look on it another way, if the OP's GF was on here telling us her BF had a tiny cóck that just didnt do it for her, no-one would think she was shallow.

K-

Yea, Id have to agree with kell..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

You are lucky that a girl is into you enough to say she is crazy about you. Look at it this way most women have great bodies they just might not have the most perfect diets or exercise regime or whatever. Maybe you could help her shift that asss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Who in the name of god are you to say that for physical perfection this girl has to have a small butt?

I cant believe how stupid people come accross sometimes. I dont think you are shallow OP. If she is not your cup of tea, then she will be someone elses. If you dont fancy her, there is nothing wrong with that. But for the love of god and for women, dont you sit in your chair and preach that having a small butt for you is nicer than having a big butt.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Think you should get over yourself and act like any normal man would i.e with a bit of cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

You say this girl is beautiful, amazing, great personality etc. well if she is all of those things you are a lucky lad to have her and I would think having a slightly large behind would be something you'd see past. If you can't then yes, you are shallow. If it's a bodily perfect model-type you're after then fair enough, but surely there are qualities to consider in a person? you have found a girl who's beautiful and a really nice person and still not good enough for you? Keep thinking like that and you'll find yourself alone and very single. If she's that nice and good looking I'm sure there will be plenty of lads only too willing to take her off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

You just sound young to me OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

aidan24326 wrote:
    If it's a bodily perfect model-type you're after then fair enough, but surely there are qualities to consider in a person?

So are you suggesting that ALL body perfect model types have no personality? Hmmn...
    aidan24326 wrote:
    Keep thinking like that and you'll find yourself alone and very single.

What happens if he finds the most physically gorgeous person he has ever seen that has a great personality to boot? Are you saying thats not possible? And again, are you saying that really gorgeous women have no personality or good character? Hmmn....

K-

• Advertisement

Half of the replies are not advice (which the OP asked for) but people calling him shallow and flaming him. In other words, worthless posts.

@ OP: Can you see yourself looking past her 'flaw' and having a loving relationship with her? If you can't then there is no point in leading her on, however think twice about your decision as it would mean seeing her with other guys and this may upset you and make you wonder the age old question: "what if?"

I say, give a go with her for a while and try your best to overlook that part of her, at least this way if it doesn't work out you will have no regrets as you gave it your all and gave her a chance.

Best of luck :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Kell wrote:
    Personally I dont see why everyone is having a go at the OP. Some people like BMW's or Audi's and will drive nothing less. No one calls them shallow, so if a large áss turns him off, why point the finger and say shallow?

Everyone has a right to wanting perfection in a partner and to seek it out. Fair play to the ones who set the bar really high as opposed to the ones who settle on second best is what I say.

To look on it another way, if the OP's GF was on here telling us her BF had a tiny cóck that just didnt do it for her, no-one would think she was shallow.

K-

Gotta disagree with you here, Kell. First of all, your analogy is flawed because the people you describe don't like the whole package of other cars, they don't just have a problem with the steering wheel or whatnot.

You can want perfection all you like, but you'll never find it. If the OPs only problem with this girl is that she has a large ass, then he's one lucky man.

If the GF was in here complaining about her BFs penis size, people would think she was shallow. If it was affecting their sex life, then that's a genuine problem.

The OP needs to look at women like Jennifer Lopez and Beyoncé. They have large behinds and that's considered their best and most attractive feature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

doneone wrote:
    OK I'm driving myself crazy.

I met this girl a while back, beautiful girl, nicest girl i've ever met (personality wise) and she is very beautiful facialy aswell. Theres a tonne of guys who think she is amazing. I do too but she has a little bit of a behind on her if you know what i mean. No-body i know seems to notice it but i do.

Anyway, she's crazy about me. And has told me lots, i've been trying to reason with myself that she is gorgeous because she is but i just can't shake the whole backside thing.

Am i shallow or whats up with me???

Sorry, and i hope this doesn't offend anyone, it's a genuine issue for me.

Yes you are shallow-Heaven forbid she had big ears or was fat or something!No ones perfect i hate men like you!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

No taunting please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

maybe the ops has a fetish for small bottoms. maybe if she had a big nose he wouldnt care. op, is it simply because she has a big bum or is it because her whole body isnt perfectly ideal? this should tell you if your shallow or not. i think everyone has a pet hate that most ppl couldnt get but if its impossible for you to get past then it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No pillow needed! Oh, this is PI and not TCN? Oops! *Runs to mirror and practices a serious face. Returns to laptop*

So, she is the total package, but has a little too much in a part of her package? Does this make you shallow? Probably.

OK, why not do something together that can improve upon the situation? Without hurting her feelings by mentioning her surplus, why don't you two starting dancing your buns off? Dancing is grand exercise. Or join a hiking, biking, swimming, or whatever club that's into exercise. Just think, not only will her health (and yours, perhaps) improve, but both of you will be doing something together which is a real plus in relationships!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭fifly

At first I though you are shallow but perhaps there just isn't any chemistry (or whatever you want to call it) and you are looking for an excuse to end it with out realising it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think that you do not love her, if you loved her it would not be an issue for you. My first love looked quite similar to someone who I had not even considered based on looks but to me he was the most handsome man in the world, I am no longer with him (though we are still friends) but I still blush and go all gooey when I see photos of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

why is it everytime someone comes on here for advice the majority of people absolutely pelt the insults into the OP, Ive noticed this in the last while and it really bugs me...

Anyway OP I seriously think you are just considering being with this girl because "shes crazy about you" it seems to me you dont really care that much or else the size of her ass wouldnt matter...Leave her be to be with someone who'll appreciate her ass....:D

and I dont think you're crazy or shallow, whatever floats your boat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Your neither. IF she has a fat ass and it bothers you, you cant really help it. Not much you can do about it, you either learn to deal with it, or move on.

Is it a weight issue? Maybe go walking with her or something to help lose some weight.

Advertisement