Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If the respoted black went other way would be different story..
    Thats pure heresay Joebhoy! Its not as if Ebdons a bottler. If it had of got to 6-6 it wouldn't have affected him in the slightest. In fact it probably would have made him more focused. Best player won in the end.

Ding is a cracking player though and I reckon he's a definite World Champion in the making.

Glenbhoy wrote:
    Nice!!
    Cheers for the Ebdon outright pointer - have him backed at 24 on betfair - might be time to lay off - he's trading at 6.0 odd now - or should I be greedy??
    Ooooh thats a tough one. To be honest the Semis against Higgins is a toss of a coin for me. Higgins is in great form and will probably start off as favourite but Ebdon doesn't tend to lose to many Semis.

I'm gonna leave that decision to you Glenbhoy buddy! Personally I think the winner of the Ebdon-Higgins semi is gonna win the tournament and as I've money on Ebdon I'm gonna plump for him. As I said though, tough call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

If you want my advice lay it off. He hardly potted a ball in the center of the pocket's. The only reason he won was because Ding was taking stupid shots where he could easily had a good safe shot but that's not the kinda player he is.

Agree with ya he is a world champion in the making just has to learn when to play safe and not try pot a ball on every shot.

Ebdon, Peter 6/5 8/13 Higgins, John

If you want my advice lay it off. He hardly potted a ball in the center of the pocket's. The only reason he won was because Ding was taking stupid shots where he could easily had a good safe shot but that's not the kinda player he is.
    Thats bollix Joebhoy. The reason he won is because he outscored and outthought Ding. Ebdon is a master of these longer formatted tournaments and was clearly the best player on show today.

Ebdon also has the most centuries in the tournament out of anybody whos played so far. Not bad for a lad who can't pot a ball in the centre of the pocket.

Who you going for then next game?

PP odds John Higgins v Peter Ebdon 1 - 2 6 - 4

sure bet back Higgins at 8/13 then back Ebdon at 6/4

• Advertisement

Who you going for then next game?

PP odds John Higgins v Peter Ebdon 1 - 2 6 - 4

sure bet back Higgins at 8/13 then back Ebdon at 6/4
    Not getting involved in it. Just gonna let my Ebdon outright bet run and enjoy the match. Should be a cracker. Haven't a clue what that sure bet you're talking about means.
    No such thing as a sure bet by the way.

No did it wrong. Thought if did a bet on both you would be sure to win a profit. The last time I said him he got hammered but at 2/5 Dott looks like a nice bet to beat Davis, with all him commentating he doesn't get time to practice :D ah no I think he will get beat.

Did you watch any of his games? How's he palying never seen any games but he should do the business.

No did it wrong. Thought if did a bet on both you would be sure to win a profit. The last time I said him he got hammered but at 2/5 Dott looks like a nice bet to beat Davis, with all him commentating he doesn't get time to practice :D ah no I think he will get beat.

Did you watch any of his games? How's he palying never seen any games but he should do the business.
    Yeah fancy Dott to beat Davis alright, Davis hasn't really produced anything of note yet and has been scoring quite lightly so far. Dotts managed a few centuries and has a better all round game. At those odds though Pighead will be leaving this one alone.

Were you watching BBC Davis even said well didn't say but kinda put it he would be out tomorrow without self confidence he has no shoot.

Might be worth €5,000 :o

Oh I lost 500 on the match but won four before that so down a hundred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Pighead wrote:
    No such thing as a sure bet by the way.
    I think he meant Sure Bet as in Arbitrage but got his calculations wrong.

For example, here's a sure bet on half time betting for Inter v Messina:

Inter = 1.55 (Betsson)
    Messina = 17.0 (NordicBet)
    Draw = 4.0 (MyBet)

650 on Inter returns 1010
    60 on Messina returns 1020
    250 on Draw returns 1000

Total spent: 960. Guaranteed Return: 1000
    Profit 4%

You could also change that and put 690 on Inter meaning you'll win 70 if they win and get your money back if they don't. That's a sure bet on Inter. :)

650 on Inter returns 1010
    54 on Messina returns 920
    230 on Draw returns 920

Keep a look here and you'll come across much better than 4%:
    www.betbrain.com

--
    Anyway, back onto snooker. It's Pighead vs Eirebhoy in the snooker tomorrow. Really look forward to it. :) Ebdon is looking good so it should be a great match but Higgins hasn't shown many signs of slipping up. If he's at his best again he should win. Nice one on Ebdon yesterday!

• Advertisement

Ronnie concedes his match at 4-1 down. :confused: Strange man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

sullivan is a prat,knew he was going to be beat.just looking for attention.
    hes never won feck all compared to the hendry and davis era.

got a few euro on ebdon to win the uk outright,could only get him at 9/2 in paddypowers.i think he will grind down higgins,but as we know higgins is a good battler also,should be interesting.

Poor old Ronnie is definitely a bit mental alright. Thought there must have been something going on in his private life to provoke such a reaction but no, apparently its because hes a perfectionist and he was upset with the way he was playing! And people say he doesn't love snooker!

He was definitely bang out of order yesterday, sick for anybody who had backed Hendry on the handicap as the bet would have been voided. Still though the sport wouldn't be half as fun without Ronnie involved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_sports/snooker/6180591.stm

Pighead wrote:
    Poor old Ronnie is definitely a bit mental alright. Thought there must have been something going on in his private life to provoke such a reaction but no, apparently its because hes a perfectionist and he was upset with the way he was playing! And people say he doesn't love snooker!
    I think there's more to it as he didn't give any interviews to the BBC all week.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I think there's more to it as he didn't give any interviews to the BBC all week.
    Yeah but thats nothing new really, he didn't give any interview last year either when he lost to Mark King. I think somethings he just couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Great tip Pighead - thanks for that, I didn't bother laying off until 5 mins ago - just left myself a guaranteed €200. Backed at 24.0 and laid at 2.16.
    Thanks again.

Fair play pighead.

Higgin's didnt have agreat game missing some asey reds but I must say Ebdon played well very good at making a game from nothing.

14 Dec 21:40 Hendry, Stephen 8/15 11/8 Dott, Graeme

Come on Pig this is your game thoughts please?

Had nice win on Dott to beat Davis.

ebdon v hendry final,should be a cracker.

What was Hendry v Sullivan game like?

Was Hendry playing good do ye think 4/7 on Hendry good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

naaa dott v ebdon, final. ebdon to win, mistakes and cracks will come back into hendry's game but i would like to see him win the final he deserves it the most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hendry was shocking in the snooker premir league. dont know how he has been in this tornement though.

Todays session leaves it nicely poised for a battle royale tonight. Hendry looked like he might open up a healthy 1st session lead when he went 3-1 up but Ebdon battled back won 3 frames in a row, including a very nice 135 break.

Ebdons looking a lot more fluent when hes in amongst the balls, Hendry keeps running out of position and breaking down about the 40 or 50 mark. Fair play to him though, 4-4 when playing below your best is pretty decent.

He's gonna have to up his game a bit tonight I reckon. Think this could go down to the wire tonight, looking forward to seeing a final frame decider and a pumped up Ebdon pumping his fist whilst screaming "COME ON. COME ON.IN YOUR FACE HENDRY!"

Paddy Power makes Hendry slight favourite at 8/11 while Ebbo is Evens.

Pighead wrote:

Verdict:
    100 Points: Ebdon to bt Bingham@4/6:)
    30 Points: Ebdon to get highest break of match@4/5:(
    20 Points: Day to bt Ding@11/8:(
    10 Points: Ebdon to win UK Championship outright @20/1
    :)
    Thankfully Hendry had a stinker last night and there was no nerve wracking final frame shootout. Ebdon didn't play great but he was steady and won relatively easy in the end 10-6.

Points Staked: 160
    Points Returned: 386
    Profit: 226

Advertisement