Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker!!

Options
  • 27-11-2006 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Not great odds at 1/3 but think Dott to beat White is a prity safe bet thinking of putting nice few pound on it. Was watching Dott against Sullivan went up 3-0 ended in 3-3 but Dott was on good form.

WHITE'S UK HOPES FINN-ISHED
    19 Nov 2006 19:32:00

Jimmy White lost nine of the last ten frames as he was put out of the UK Championship qualifiers by Finland's Robin Hull today.

If Robin Hull could beat him last week Dott should have no problem.

What do ye think €6,000 on it? €2,000 profit if it comes in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭goodolegill

Its your money mate but with odds of 1/3 there is really no value in that at all they already played earlier on in this format and the match swayed back and forth and only for an unfortunate in off in the final frame when dott was leading 3-2 the frame was a shoe in for white to level the match. Although Dott has one more point in the tournament they have won the exact same amount of frames. Im not a white fan + i probably do think Dott will win, i just cant see value in the 1/3

Best of luck!!!!!!

Im hoping u didnt do it, berwick was a good winner for ya:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Im hoping u didnt do it, berwick was a good winner for ya:D

Jesus 4-1 down. I didnt do it stuck it on Berwick. Was on a site looking around from his previous results and changed my mind. Although it's not over dont no what its the best of but Dott is good from behind although I cant see him winning.

Fair play Jimmy.

Oh first too five.

Come on Jimmy

Always fecks up.

Oh should win now 39 in front.

White win delighted didnt do it. Jesus Graeme never got going till he was 4-0 down.

Im goin to the bank, the simon community and the united nations to raise enough money that i can for tomorrows final, talk about makin life hard for yourself - whether its davis but more than likely O' Sullivan he is quite likely to get spanked, i know u only watched the last few frames but his safety was almost that bad throughout the match only Dott was playing equally as bad. Just hope the footie bets come in to give me something to play with!!

I dont think the sweat would have been worth the 2g

• Advertisement

If he is playing Ronnie you will be lucky to get 1/10.

well done mate had a look at the odds and u were bang on the money!!!
    1-10 for O Sullivan even at those prices, read an article in the racing post
    below about the Saracens game for stupid betting!!!

http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:kBXjTvG6bTkJ:www.betrescue.com/betting/market_moves+Saracens+17+-+20+Worcester+Warriors+%C2%A3500+1-100&hl=en&gl=ie&ct=clnk&cd=1

€700 double on Notts Forest + Derry City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

well done mate had a look at the odds and u were bang on the money!!!
    1-10 for O Sullivan even at those prices, read an article in the racing post
    below about the Saracens game for stupid betting!!!

http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:kBXjTvG6bTkJ:www.betrescue.com/betting/market_moves+Saracens+17+-+20+Worcester+Warriors+%C2%A3500+1-100&hl=en&gl=ie&ct=clnk&cd=1

€700 double on Notts Forest + Derry City

Brave man betting on the FA cup

Boyles he's 1/9.
    Brave man betting on the FA cup

Agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Boyles he's 1/9.

You gonna touch this ?

• Advertisement

i agree with ughs now brave and now lighter in the pocket
    a lesson learned i supppose

Snooker tonight

Bad one in my tip last time which I didnt do but tonight at 7, might be abit late to put this up but Mark Selby is good odds at 5/6 to beat Peter Ebdon.

Good luck

5-4 to Ebdon so far first to 9.

Didnt know it started at 10 this morning but the game ended up
    4-4 then restarted at 7.

6-4

6-5

Think ill stick to the football.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Gonna take Ebdon@4/6 and Ryan Day@11/8 today.

Ebdon V Bingham: Ebdon has played by far the best snooker of anybody this week so far. He beat Selby 9-6 the other day getting 5 centuries and a 96 break. Amazing stuff. Bingham has scraped through to this stage beating both McCleod and Carter 9-8. In the 34 frames hes played so far hes managed just 1 century break. For this reason i'm gonna take Paddy Powers most generous offer of 4/5 for Ebdon to make the highest break in the match. Crazy odds for me.

Day V Ding: Day is one of the brightest prospects in the game and should be winning tournaments before long. At 11/8 i'm gonna chance him to beat Ding. Ding has just returned from China were he was competing in the Asian games winning 3 gold medals. Hopefully for my bet he'll be feeling a bit drained after all the travelling this week.

Verdict:
    100 Points: Ebdon to bt Bingham@4/6
    30 Points: Ebdon to get highest break of match@4/5
    20 Points: Day to bt Ding@11/8
    10 Points: Ebdon to win UK Championship outright @20/1

I'm also very tempted with Stephen Maguire at 11/4 to beat Ronnie, Ronnie scraped past lowly ranked Ricky Walden last time out while Maguire is returning to the form that had him marked down as a definite future world champion when he first came on the scene. Maguire has won this event before. Still though its Ronnie and its quite possible he'll be in the mood for this one and blow Maguire away so I think i'll leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

as with pighead, Ebdon looks very good, but a tasty treble for me is:
    Ebdon 4/6
    detroit city 8/13
    black jack ketchum 1/4

works out just over 2.4/1

aubreym wrote:
    as with pighead, Ebdon looks very good, but a tasty treble for me is:
    Ebdon 4/6
    detroit city 8/13
    black jack ketchum 1/4

works out just over 2.4/1
    That looks quite tasty alright aubrey, I reckon it'll be just that Detroit City bet that will have you sweating. Its hard to tell how much of a challenge Hardy Eustace will put up. Best of luck buddy.

Was just watching the Ding game.

He should take it easily tomorrow
    he's very good player, nearly asleep during first two frames.

Gonna lump on him..

Come on Ding!!!

He's big he's brown

he come's from China town

Ding Junhui :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well a great match the best man won IMO.

Sorry Pig had to go against ya on this one best of luck in your bet.

Had €3,750 on it at 8/15 another nice €2,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Have Higgins backed for the UK. Him and Doherty mainly dominated last season and Higgins is at his best ever the last year or so imo. I'd say he's the best in the world atm. Doherty is always at his best against Higgins so if Doherty gets through today I think he'll be Higgins' toughest opponent.

Ronnie is way underpriced imo. I'd fancy Higgins to beat him.

• Advertisement

I have the semis lined up as Dott V Ronnie and Higgins V Ebdon. Obviously Ebdon V Ding will be a close one but I reckon old dome head can grind out a victory.

As you say eirebhoy Higgins is playing great stuff and at 4/1 is much better value than Ronnie(13/8) but I still reckon Ebdon can cause a couple more surprises this year.

I really hope Doherty beats Perry.

Ding v Ebdon
    Higgins v Doherty
    Hendry v O'Sullivan
    Davis v Dott

What a last 8 that would be.

Not looking good for him at the moment. 8-6 down.
    Surely coming back from this is even beyond Ken!

Yeah, not a great performance from Ken. He seemed to be struggling with the cloth as he was underhitting a lot of shots. He was unlucky in the opening frame today. He would have most likely won if he didn't hit the middle knuckle when playing a safety. That would have made it 6-3.

On the betting front it's a much easier match on paper for Higgins now so I'm happy.

Cracking price on Betfair for Ebdon to bt Ding @3.1. Paddy Powers price of 13/8 is about what I thought he'd be. Ding's a cracking player but Ebdon has been playing well in the tournament so far and has got this far without having to get into top gear.

Ding admitted yesterday that fatigue was catching up with him and said

"I'm relieved to have won because I didn't play very well," said Ding, who won three gold medals at the Asian Games in Doha before this event.

"I'm not feeling very stable just now. I didn't feel very confident before the match and I was a bit worried in the first session because Matthew played well."

Ebdon is the king of concentration and I reckon he can wear the young Chinaman down.

Verdict: Ebdon to bt Ding @3.1

You like Ebdon!!

To be honest dont think he is great player but goodluck in your bet. He aint looking to bad at the moment.

Had €500 on Ding to win frame 9 1.83 thought he would come out firing and he cleaned up.

You like Ebdon!!

To be honest dont think he is great player but goodluck in your bet. He aint looking to bad at the moment.

Had €500 on Ding to win frame 9 1.83 thought he would come out firing and he cleaned up.
    Yeah? Well Pighead had 10,000 on Ebdon to win the 1st session 6-2 @20/1. Pretty happy with that.

And as for Ebdon not being a great player. Are you having a laugh?! 3 time World Championship finalist(winning once) and six ranking tournament wins is nothing to be sniffed at. He mightn't be the most stylish or fluent player on the circuit but his concentration levels are second to none.

I have a right few pound on Ding now come on ya boyo

FEARLESS thats what he is, great player, come on

If the respoted black went other way would be different story..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Pighead wrote:
    Yeah? Well Pighead had 10,000 on Ebdon to win the 1st session 6-2 @20/1. Pretty happy with that.
    QUOTE]

Nice!!
    Cheers for the Ebdon outright pointer - have him backed at 24 on betfair - might be time to lay off - he's trading at 6.0 odd now - or should I be greedy??

Advertisement