Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Fusion Ad?

Options
  • 27-11-2006 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Have you seen this add? Its basically two guys giving eachother christmas presents and one guy gives the other a gillette fusion razor. I think the dialog is "Youve given him everything, why not try give him this, this christmas..."

The first guy then walks into the bathroom as the other guy is shaving.

Anyhow, is this Irelands first gay advert? And also, do gay people get eachother **** presents like razors? If that was me, I would *sooooooo* bitch slap him!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

it's a father and son ad so my guess is it's not a gay advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Iago wrote:
    it's a father and son ad so my guess is it's not a gay advert.

Who's your daddy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I saw the ad, and I have yet to be convinced that it was a father/son ad - purely cos it looks like theres +/- 10 years between them. But anyhoo.. if my son got me that I'd smack him round the place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A jihad on Gillette and their kind. Their R&D department must have a cushy job, just add a blade or two every year, and charge silly money for it.
    Then their marketing asshats carpet bomb your television with ads featuring David Beckham (:rolleyes:), Ferraris and jet fighters. WTF? Do they think we're all 7 years old or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Tell you this much, the fusion blades are the best ever for a close shave.

However they are insanely expensive, and the shaving cream for it is a total scam. Very expensive and when you use the cream/gel it gunks up the blade faster meaning you have to spend more.

I found just using handwash soap and the fusion blade has the same effect as the cream but doesn't gunk the blades so they last much longer and there is a difference of 10+ euros between the shaving gel and the handwash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

the ad is gay?? well this tread has started comparing grooming trends and creams and soap and the like....this tread is GAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

This thread is FABulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

better then the add I saw for it last night.

Over the top crappy computer effects and two men in white coats (must be super secret scientists!) pumping what I guess is meant to be brightly coloured power gunk into a machine that creates...GILLETTE FUSION.

*kill me now*

How they got that from a razor I do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

If it was really gay would the men not be shaving each other :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

If it was really gay would the men not be shaving each other :confused:

Thats what they start doing in the ad after 11pm. And I won't tell you where the razor handle ends up :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

The fusion ad with what looks like a freakin' particle accelerator is far more ridiculous TBH. I guess the more hi-tech they can pass these things off as being, the more they can charge for 'em.

I use disposable razors that cost me about 2 euro. Get a close shave, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stephen wrote:
    A jihad on Gillette and their kind. Their R&D department must have a cushy job, just add a blade or two every year, and charge silly money for it.

And then drop the quality of their other blades so that those using them before "upgrading" to the new blades certainly do get "the best ever shave" from the new ones. Scamming b*stards!
    Stephen wrote:
    Then their marketing asshats carpet bomb your television with ads featuring David Beckham (:rolleyes:), Ferraris and jet fighters. WTF? Do they think we're all 7 years old or something?

Easy, you shave with their blades, your boss is soo impressed that he gives you a promotion and you're soon rolling around in ferraris and jet fighters!All because of Gilettes "best ever shave" :)

I always thought the new ad was supposed to be father and son, next time I see it though this thread will have put a whole new perception on things!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Sp@rtacus

Stephen wrote:

Here here to that man. And excellent use of "asshats" might I add.

I totally resent paying the extortionate prices Gillette charge (16 giros for 4 blades the other day:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: ) but I tried disposables, wilkinson swords etc and always felt and looked like I had shaved with a broken bottle... in the dark. So I went back to Gillette. Surely there is a cost/comfort middle ground..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Sp@rtacus wrote:
    Surely there is a cost/comfort middle ground..??

I think the middle groung, for me personally, is the Wilikinson Sword Quattro. It's probably the best your going to get non-Gilette. Having said that I don't find that much difference between them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If I'm thinking of the same ad then I thought it was father and son as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

My Sister And I Were Talking About This Last Night-think It Was Ment To Be A "brother Or Best Friend" Thing That Ended Up Looking Gay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

KTRIC wrote:
    Thats what they start doing in the ad after 11pm. And I won't tell you where the razor handle ends up :eek:

is that not the ad for the battery enhanced version....?
    maybe that extra blade is for home back,sack and crack treatments....??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I use wilkinson sword, sometimes I don't even bother with gel just wet the area and away ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Thats great to know. Thanks for that.

Thats a great comment, how polite. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Its an electric job for me. Sensitive skin and all that.

Theres another way to look at the fusion...

http://www.withyourmom.com/?p=34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Many men's lub lives have improved dramatically since Gillette (or another brand? I do not recall) raised the post-shave caress from obscure fetish interest to a bread-and-butter move. However, for such macho ads, the product name is quite girly - I would have gone for Jak sth or other for men's and Gillette for women's. :shrugs:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Stephen wrote:
    Their R&D department must have a cushy job, just add a blade or two every year, and charge silly money for it.

To be fair they have recently added vibration...

Wow, the innovation!

P.S. It is a gay ad, btw. In the full length version the young guy sticks the handle of the razor up the old guys bum and sets it to vibrate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

kind-of-on-topic...

does anyone know if theres anyway to make yourself grow facial hair quicker, and better quality facial hair?

I wait 5 days and all I got is fluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

InFront wrote:
    kind-of-on-topic...

does anyone know if theres anyway to make yourself grow facial hair quicker, and better quality facial hair?

A good quality fertilizer is recommended.:)

Dont be in a hurry to get stubble. Once you get it theres no getting rid of it, except with the fusion of coarse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

InFront wrote:
    kind-of-on-topic...

Wait til puberty. It wont be the only hair you'll notice either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Im 21:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

facial hair isnt all the fun some people make it out to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

It seems that making ghey ads is what they're all about. Link

And as previously stated, facial hair is more annoying that anything else, I've to start shaving just below my frickin eyes now :(

Advertisement