Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Horror Film You've Ever Watched

Options
2»

Comments

iremex wrote:
    this was so crap i forgot the name of it and it was on not two months ago on film 4 or sci-fi..a movie with the two students/scientists where one found out the formula that can revive ppl from the dead. think he tried it out on his cat or something in the basement of his house but the dead come back as angry killer zombies.

Sacrilege, you refer to the excellent Re-Animator. One of the most enjoyable films ever released. Admittedly the two sequels so far, aren’t a patch on the original but with Stuart Gordon returning for House of Re-Animator I have high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

This is not sacrilege... its Goddamn HERESY....
    Reanimator is almost religious doctrine in Horror......

burn em at the stake....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Re-animator is a classic... easily the best Lovecraft adaptation there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

iremex wrote:
    this was so crap i forgot the name of it and it was on not two months ago on film 4 or sci-fi..a movie with the two students/scientists where one found out the formula that can revive ppl from the dead. think he tried it out on his cat or something in the basement of his house but the dead come back as angry killer zombies.

I disagree with your opinion on Re-Animator and if you don't change it, Im sending THAT CAT (have one just like it in my fridge) around to see you.:eek:

I've never seen the Uncut version of Re-animator... its got the scenes where the headless doctor starts feeling up the blonde on the operating table etc. its availiable for download on a tracker site. I'd give the name of it only I got banned from the Films section on boards.ie for listing one. Banned straight away.... you wouldnt mind, i was just asking a question where to find the old TV series caleed MONSTERS.... didnt even get a chance to argue...(**** YOU RUGGIEBEAR (I made a short film about you!!!!.. and reported you for using an image of Bear in the Big blue house with a bottle of Heineken in his hand... HAHA).. Anyone wants to know where Re-Animator is just PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Lemming wrote:
    Saw III

I don't think I need to elaborate.

I liked Saw III it was good enough but I love the Saw series so Im biased

The worst ones I've seen in a while are An American Haunting,Land Of The Dead and The Grudge 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There used to be a user on boards called Garred, that sold on his DVDs on a very regular basis, guess he wasn't much of a collector. Among literally dozens of other DVD's I bought off him, one of them was the Re-animator Millenium edition, unrated, uncut and a double disc edition. For a measly 5 euro! I used to buy so many movies off that guy, and they were always in brand new shop condition too...

christ.... ive only got the tartan version.... .....

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/9487/reanimator1985uncutdvdr5ms.jpg

this is the one, I havent downloaded it though.. gone over my monthly limit.

Whats in the bonus features 6 hours!!!! woo hoo... gotta find this one to buy

Having watched the uncut version of RA on film4 a few weeks back (my first time) the only differences I could see from my original 1987 VHS copy, were near the end of the movie. The head wasn't just content with the breasts, it wanted to go down further. (quick shot of head between the legs)

After that its just extended scenes, more gore, more daring etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Re-Animator is on my list of to see before I die as I was not even born when it was made (sorry Derek!) and didn't catch it! As regards worst horror films I've ever seen I have two that must be mentioned:

First off, anyone ever heard of Granny? Made by some Russian film student the plot involved a bunch of twentysomethings having a get together only to be picked off one by one by the malovelent "Granny". Terrible acting, brutal camerawork (fairly certain it was shot on a camcorder) and in general just a complete lack of love and knowledge for the craft. Oh, and the "twist"! No need to spoiler protect because with a 50 minute movie you'll get to it fairly promptly but it turns out the Granny was just one of the characters dressed up and pretending. Their plan was to scare one of their mates silly.....but she ends up having a heart attack....and so we are treated to a closing scene at her funeral, where the director so ignorantly tries, for a brief moment, to lead us to believe the characters we are viewing are the ghosts in some slightly more intellgent finale. The film makes Roger Corman look like John Carpenter (no disrepect to the genius!)

Second up is Bloodsurf. A rowdy young bunch of "MTV style filmmakers who enjoy extreme sports" travel to random sexy sounding exotic location to surf amongst sharks. What they don't count on is the giant saltwater crocodile that comes along to swallow them whole. This film however really is so bad it's good. The crocodile looks like a prickly turd, the acting is just hilarious and the death scenes are so badly cut for example: guy ends up on crocodiles snout.......crocodile flips mouth open.....cut to shot of guy flailing arms wildly against a horrifically obvious bluescreen (in 2002!!!!)......back to shot of crocodiles mouth now featuring it's own personal guy mannequin to pathetically chew on! On the plus side there's a 5 minute sex scene with an extremely obliging aisian girl...who gets eaten straight afterwards! Easiest solution to a no strings attached one night stand ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I saw a film on one of those awful Sky Digital channels over the christmas called Piñata: Survival Island which was about a killer piñata. It would hang down from a tree and some drunken frat boys would come along and decide to hit the piñata, but it would grab the baseball bat off them and beat them up instead.

Xander out of Buffy was in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ah yes, Bloodsurf, certainly a bad movie but not remotely as bad as to be included on a 'worst movies ever' list...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The Mothman Prophesies. Quite possibly the most slow, boring movie ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

HavoK wrote:
    Ah yes, Bloodsurf, certainly a bad movie but not remotely as bad as to be included on a 'worst movies ever' list...
    Worst I've seen anyway, I usually can't sit through bad films so tht may be why it is!

Children of the Living Dead

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Piñata: Survival Island

I seriously gotta see this

Granny?

Ah yes! Real bad, but it got to DVD. Some distributor somewhere picked it up. There is hope for any budding film-maker.

Saw the worst of all time last night on the Horror channel (zone horror)....The haunting of Meurella or something like that. Im sure I saw David McCallum in it. Full of naked chicks and studmuffin men in period costume. So bad it was funny, especially with a few beers on board.

But seriously anyone remember a film from the 80s (the decade of all that was good and absolutely awful about horror) called "the lamp" ?????

Pure muck. Most of the crew appeared in it via shadows cast on sets. Oh and the boom should have been listed in the cast credits.

Advertisement