Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos: Hardware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭E. Fudd

My new baby!!

Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .243:D:D

19042008048.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Thats a sweet rifle you have there E.fud. What optics do you have on it..

Unfortunately the budget didn't stretch to a decent scope.
    It's a nikko sterling diamond 3-9 x 40
    It'll do for a wee while 'til I convince herself about the merits of nightforce!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

can you get that exact gun factory threaded?

Not that I'm aware!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Rovi wrote: »
    Sweet!
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on it after you've used it for a while.

Just back from the range. Dear, sweet God, it's a joy to shoot. I'm going to go broke buying ammo for it.

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Just back from the range. Dear, sweet God, it's a joy to shoot. I'm going to go broke buying ammo for it.

NTM
    Sounds terrific, thank for making me even more jealous!

As I said, I entertain notions of getting hold of one of these (or similar high end AR-15) at some time in the reasonably near future.
    At this stage, I suppose I'm looking at waiting until the legislation/DOJ policy situation settles down and we can all see where we stand in relation to such things.
    Money also has to be accumulated. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

E. Fudd wrote: »
    My new baby!!

Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .243:D:D

19042008048.jpg

Very nice E,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Rovi wrote: »
    As I said, I entertain notions of getting hold of one of these (or similar high end AR-15) at some time in the reasonably near future.

Depends on what you want to do with it, I guess. If you're going for precision shooting, or customisability, you're better off with the AR-15, put a heavy barrel on it for example. If you want dead-nuts reliability, or maybe are shooting three-gun competition, the SIG has much to recommend it. Certainly the best trigger I've ever played with on a stock rifle.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

2446654744_c261d53ba7.jpg?v=0

2446654220_54deb393ce.jpg?v=0

My Anschutz 1807L. There are more pics in the Target Shooting Photos thread, just threw up a courtesy selection here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭clivej

Ok so here are the first photos of my CZ Style.
    It has a Nikko Nighteater 8-32x60 AG IR scope (for target shooting) that I'm well pleased with and a SAK mod. Also a Harris 13-27 bipod that belongs to my son but is a bit on the long side, I think I'll get the 9-13 inch model that will do the job for me.
    In the first photo you can just see our targets on the 4x4 bit of plywood at the back fence with a high bank as a backstop, stepped out at 65 yards It has 8 sheets of A4 paper with 5 x 3 inch roundels on each. Getting 1 inch groups with Eley standard round nose rounds, Remington hollow points were not as good.

CZ_Style_view_1.jpg

CZ_Style_view_2.jpg

CZ_Style_view_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Well ware and nice setup

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

clivej wrote: »
    Ok so here are the first photos of my CZ Style.
    It has a Nikko Nighteater 8-32x60 AG IR scope that I'm well pleased with and a SAK mod. Also a Harris 13-27 bipod that belongs to my son but is a bit on the long side, I think I'll get the 9-13 inch model that will do the job for me.
    In the first photo you can just see our targets on the 4x4 bit of plywood at the back fence with a high bank as a backstop, stepped out at 65 yards It has 8 sheets of A4 paper with 5 x 3 inch roundels on each. Getting 1 inch groups with Eley standard round nose rounds, Remington hollow points were not as good.

CZ_Style_view_1.jpg

CZ_Style_view_2.jpg

CZ_Style_view_3.jpg

Thats a great setup you got there clivej. Safe and happy shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

ANSCHUTZ .17HMR, SAK Moderator, Nikko Sterling Nighteater 6-24 x56 (RUBBISH - awaiting Hawke Frontier 6-24 x 56 to replace it!)
    Harris 9"-13" Bipod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

shaft666 wrote: »
    ANSCHUTZ .17HMR, SAK Moderator, Nikko Sterling Nighteater 6-24 x56 (RUBBISH - awaiting Hawke Frontier 6-24 x 56 to replace it!)
    Harris 9"-13" Bipod.

Beautiful piece of craftsmanship there man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Harris 9"-13" Bipod.

Is that the 1517 or 1717? I plan to get a 1717D with the heavy barrell once I fill the piggy bank again.

bigred wrote: »
    Is that the 1517 or 1717? I plan to get a 1717D with the heavy barrell once I fill the piggy bank again.

It's the 1517 heavy barrel. Thumbhole stock is not original to Anschutz but added by importers, very nice grip and very accurate rifle.:D

Can anyone tell me how to add photos to posts rather than links please.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

just getting round to putting my latest up here now, have it a couple of weeks though. just informal clays so far but shoots like a dream for me!:D
    bettinsoli supersport 12g 30" barrel.
    also on a side note, i'd like to give a big thanks to cavan shooter, rovi, and bullets for advise and help deciding. also thanks to bullets for details on where to find one. bought from paul o halloran in drangan in co. tipp. great price and a very fair guy to deal with. sorry the pics are so big guys, cant manage to get them smaller.:o

P1010116.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010121.jpg

P1010124.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brieny1000

very nice. paul is very good to deal wit.i will be giving him a shout about 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭clivej

Can anyone tell me how to add photos to posts rather than links please.

Paul

You need to use a website that allows you to put up photos. Lots of members here use Photobucket at
    http://photobucket.com/
    Join up and put up your photos, then from the address bar at the top of the page at PhotoBucket get the address of the page, IE copy the address. To copy the address click the addresss bar, it will be highlited blue, then from the keyboard press the keys 'ctrl + c' to copy the photobucket address link.
    Then on the Boards.ie thread page to insert the link click on the insert link button icon and then paste the photobucket link in the box that opens. To paste use the keyboard keys 'ctrl + v'.

Still only getting a link! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Yeah I can't get it to work either...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Guys, go to that link you posted, right-click the image, select "copy image location" (in firefox at least, IE has something similar), then enter it like so:

[php]DSCF4874.jpg[/php]

And you should get this:
    DSCF4874.jpg

Sparks wrote: »
    Guys, go to that link you posted, right-click the image, select "copy image location" (in firefox at least, IE has something similar), then enter it like so:

[php]DSCF4874.jpg[/php]

And you should get this:
    DSCF4874.jpg

Thanks for that, will try again!

DSCF5019.jpg

Got it now, Many thanks for your help.

Thats Murphy, my 9 month old GSP born and bred in County Cork.

You may notice I got my new scope on the Anschutz, It's a Hawke Frontier SF 6-24x50. Brilliant quality optics for the money.
    I did a quick 50 yard zero on Friday night before the light went and managed a five shot group of 3/4". just after a very obliging bunny appeared at 160 yards (measured) and I killed it with a clean headshot holding over by one mildot.:D
    Will zero it out to 125 yards tomorrow when the lights better.

Paul

DSCF5055.jpg

Air Arms S410K .22 PCP, will be changing this for a .223 Tikka before I move over. With the price of licensing in Ireland I can't justify keeping this when I need a good foxing rig!

DSCF5046.jpg

My shotguns
    20 bore Browning Medalist (for Mrs Paul!)
    12 bore Beretta semi auto
    12 bore Beretta Silver Pigeon 5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 a4775

the silver pigeon 5 is a beautiful gun
    congratulations on owning one

Advertisement