Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats that Lassie .....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Atari Jaguar
    Oh god no I wouldn't want to have my dog talking to me.She would be at me all day to go "walkies" and etc.

Oh that reminds me I have to bring her for a walk now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I got enough problems with the one in my wardrobe. He Keeps stealing my gear.
    Maybe you should spank your monkey! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Spike wrote:
    And I'm pretty sure she had a little-known part in Dark City too.

OT: Something just occured to me there - how is it parrots can learn to speak english (what about other languages?), but can other animals?

/wanders off to google
    Parrots and some other birds can only emulate sounds they hear over and over. So if you keep saying "hello" to it, it'll eventually say it back to you.
    I had a friend once who had a pet bird. It kept singing her bloody nokia ringtone. Funny at first when I realised it wasn't the phone ringing, drove me mental pretty quick!

As for Dogs, my dog talks to me all the time! Just watch his eyes. He's judging you....

"Yeah, you wish you could do this..."

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

No, A bit too freaky for me !!
    chamlis wrote:
    As for Dogs, my dog talks to me all the time! Just watch his eyes. He's judging you....

"Yeah, you wish you could do this..."
    Damn dogs always licking their own balls, mocking humanity's limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Spike wrote:
    Aren't dolphins smarter than us?

Yes. Humans are only the third most intelligent species on the planet, behind dolphins (2) and mice (1)...

However, their behavior was misinterpreted as an act of jumping through hoops while whistling the 'Star Spangled Banner'

Mice are the physical protrusions into our dimension of a race of hyperintelligent pan-dimensional beings who commissioned the construction of the Earth in order to find the Question to the Ultimate Answer of Life, the Universe, and Everything. As such, they are the most intelligent life forms on that planet.

In their home dimension, a popular sport is Brockian Ultra-Cricket, a horribly violent game which involves hitting people and running away, before apologising from some distance - preferably through a megaphone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Increase the chatter?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If animals were able to talk, we'd probably have to stop eating them.
    Which is why the original cavemen genetically engineered them to not speak. It's true, look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think it could all get a bit weird if we were suddenly able to talk to animals.

We'd probably have difficulty adjusting from the position of considering them as dumb vicious animals to instead viewing them almost as our peers - much like we do today with black people, eastern europeans and itinerants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

No, A bit too freaky for me !!
    Damn dogs always licking their own balls, mocking humanity's limitations.

First thing id do would be to go around the neighborhood and tell every mangy mutt that if they didn't keep their mouths shut while i was trying to sleep, they wouldn't have any b*lls to lick.

Advertisement